• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT Tottenham Hotspur vs Southampton ***

Opponents must be absolutely terrified of conceding and early goal against us. We look fantastic when in front and with that extra bit of confidence.

We do seem to be clicking into gear properly now. Some excellent performances again today.

We were very sloppy today and may have lost the game against a better side!
Obviously pleased we won.
Son ,best player on the park.
Vertongen saved our blushes more than once.
Llorris was crap..can,t even catch the ball.a bit harsh ,but I have to be, I'm wearing the managers hat..
Kane was too greedy towards the end after others were making goals for him.
Erikson worked hard played well can,t criticise him..lol
Aurrier needs to speed up! Off the mark running lessons needed badly!
Rose played well at times.
We need to be quicker in passing the ball coming out of defence instead of having to pass ball back.
Passing the ball back shows lack of confidence because of lack of cohesion I,e being sloppy.

Spurs fans poor. Need to sing a bit and get behind the Team. That's my biggest criticism incidently!..GHod can our fans be poor at home....

Other than that...we won lol.

Opponents must be absolutely terrified of conceding and early goal against us. We look fantastic when in front and with that extra bit of confidence.

We do seem to be clicking into gear properly now. Some excellent performances again today.

True, but on the flipside, we do give chances away quite easily sans Toby, so it's not a death sentence as long as they don't concede more.

However, that last bit is easier said than done when Kane is in this sort of mood, because he seems to *will* things to be just the way he wants them to be. :)

We were slightly sloppy but alot of that came when well ahead, was it perfect? No but was it a bloody masterclass in attack? Yeh it was.

Well happy and enjoyable game for me, lovely to see history too

True, but on the flipside, we do give chances away quite easily sans Toby, so it's not a death sentence as long as they don't concede more.

However, that last bit is easier said than done when Kane is in this sort of mood, because he seems to *will* things to be just the way he wants them to be. :)
We did look a bit too open today, but as long as we're ahead we look so dangerous and teams really struggle to find a balance between attacking to get another goal and sitting back to contain us.

5-0 Spurs, Kane hat-trick. We got this.

Blog-thumbnail-christmas.png

Nearly.

I think today is pretty close to our strongest starting lineup. Just need to reintigrate Toby and Wanyama when they both return to full fitness. What that means for out attack I don't know as Son is typically the one who makes way although I'd be comfortable for Alli to make way on current form. Son is just playing far too well to drop.

Looking at the highlights now, the 2-0 goal was sublime, wasn't it? Ok, a bit slack defending from So'ton, but my word, some lovely team football on show there. Love those kind of goals. :D

I think today is pretty close to our strongest starting lineup. Just need to reintigrate Toby and Wanyama when they both return to full fitness. What that means for out attack I don't know as Son is typically the one who makes way although I'd be comfortable for Alli to make way on current form. Son is just playing far too well to drop.

I think that Poch will got back to a back three and he'll rotate between Dele and Son. Eriksen is too important to our game drop. I think that'll be Son who misses out on the majority of the big games though.

I think that Poch will got back to a back three and he'll rotate between Dele and Son. Eriksen is too important to our game drop. I think that'll be Son who misses out on the majority of the big games though.

------------------------------------Lloris---------------------------------

--------------------Toby---------Sanchez-----------Verts--------------

Aurier---------------Wanyama-------------Eriksen---------------Rose

---------------------------Alli---------------Son--------------------------

------------------------------------Kane-----------------------------------

There. The way I see it, with the return to fitness of Lamela, Poch is now in a position where it will be very difficult to leave *both* Son and Lamela out at any given time. Thus, the team above could work as a solution. With Winks there to replace Son (with Eriksen moving back into attacking midfield) when necessary. This would also allow us to use Dembele even more sparingly - which, to be honest, is something that he looks like he could do with.

We did look a bit too open today, but as long as we're ahead we look so dangerous and teams really struggle to find a balance between attacking to get another goal and sitting back to contain us.

That's fair, but I would point out that it isn't just today - we've looked too open for a lot of this season without Toby.

------------------------------------Lloris---------------------------------

--------------------Toby---------Sanchez-----------Verts--------------

Aurier---------------Wanyama-------------Eriksen---------------Rose

---------------------------Alli---------------Son--------------------------

------------------------------------Kane-----------------------------------

There. The way I see it, with the return to fitness of Lamela, Poch is now in a position where it will be very difficult to leave *both* Son and Lamela out at any given time. Thus, the team above could work as a solution. With Winks there to replace Son (with Eriksen moving back into attacking midfield) when necessary. This would also allow us to use Dembele even more sparingly - which, to be honest, is something that he looks like he could do with.

Possible but I think that it is more likely that he continues to play players in the positions he normally does and Lamela, Eriksen, Alli and Son compete for the places behind Kane and the base of midfield is two of Wanyama, Dier, Winks, Dembele and Sissoko.

Dier was excellent again as our DM, not sure Wanyama gets back in right now.

Alli was very good again, on a very good form trajectory, and like Son deserves his place.

If Alderweireld was back today I think it would be between Son and Sanchez to make room.

I’ve always felt Hugo has a couple in him per game, but kept it to myself as he’s such a fan fave!
I do see why, he does great stuff, but I just wish he’d cut the regular silly clangers out.

I actually think Brad Freidel was the best keeper we’ve had in recent years - can’t remember a mistake from him. Although he’d be fudged playing in this team with a high back line (and being 51 years old as well of course!))))) :)

I’ve always felt Hugo has a couple in him per game, but kept it to myself as he’s such a fan fave!
I do see why, he does great stuff, but I just wish he’d cut the regular silly clangers out.

I actually think Brad Freidel was the best keeper we’ve had in recent years - can’t remember a mistake from him. Although he’d be fudged playing in this team with a high back line (and being 51 years old as well of course!))))) :)

Regularly???

I tjink there’s some exageneration going on here

The mistakes he has made since playing for us that have counted for anything may just be double figures now

The amount of saves he makes and the way he leads the line better than any keeper in the league are more than enough for credit in the bank

It happens to most teams over Christmas and New Year. A lot of football over a short period takes it's toll.
I think it might be more the fact that the team composition keeps changing, due to suspensions and injuries and players coming back. It's not like we're on the tail end of 4 games in 12 days. We've had a whole week off.

Back