• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT ***Tottenham Hotspur vs Saudi Sportswashing Machine***

I would gladly pay £5 or £10 to watch any matches I cant attend on a PPV channel. Fair enough going fishing on a Saturday at 3, costs nothing, but most of the time its a pain to find one and then not always the best picture.
Surely PPV for all Premier League matches has to be the future. I could even live with watching a match 'as live' an hour later if it was allowed

It is amazing that in this day and age we can't watch any game we want on the TV . A cabbie told me that in Thailand you can watch any football match on the TV and it costs hardly anything. Now I have no idea how reliable this cabbie is, and I'm sure most of his time in Thailand was spent with lady boys, but in this country with everyone paying the money they did for TV rights you'd think red button to view any match would be easy to set up.

There is legislation that football (PL?) matches cannot be televised on a Saturday between I think 3pm and 5pm. So in order to show any matches it would need either a change in the law, or for all the matches to be moved earlier or later. Hence Sunday afternoon being the most suitable alternative option.
(That's my guess work btw)

Is that really the case? Not doubting you but it seems like a bizarre law to have. Why should it bother the government whether games between that time are shown on TV?

It is amazing that in this day and age we can't watch any game we want on the TV . A cabbie told me that in Thailand you can watch any football match on the TV and it costs hardly anything. Now I have no idea how reliable this cabbie is, and I'm sure most of his time in Thailand was spent with lady boys, but in this country with everyone paying the money they did for TV rights you'd think red button to view any match would be easy to set up.

Is that really the case? Not doubting you but it seems like a bizarre law to have. Why should it bother the government whether games between that time are shown on TV?

Tomorrow would be an ideal case. Not everybody wants to watch either of the trio of matches planned by Sky. You have a choice of 3, why not for a fee, have the red button choice to watch any of the other 7 if you so wish?

I

Yes, it is the case. I know that pubs have been subject to heavy fines and other penalties for showing dodgy str.eams at this time. One in my area was caught for this last year. Heavy fine and licence to show legit games suspended for a couple of months.
I have just tried to research this a bit (aka "google") and from what I can see, it all harks back to Burnley in the 1960s wanting to ban tv cameras in order to protect attendances. It escalated from there, and the blackout was agreed amongst the chairmen. At some point the blackout was incorporated into the Broadcasting Act (not sure why, presumably some lobbying took place to make it a matter of law), thus makng it a criminal act to broadcast a game that kicks off between 2.45pm and 5.15pm. Modern day reasoning is to protect attendances at lower league matches. However it seems that there are challenges to the legislation and I imagine things will change in the next few years. Money always speaks loudest.

Sorry, this is all going a bit OT.

Getting back to the OMT - I think Poch will stick with the same team as against Soton. Son looked good in the first half, so hopefully he will have the opportunity to build on that. Mason did struggle a bit, but imo he was nowhere near as bad as some have made out (certainly not woefully worse than others around him) and I would like to see him have another chance on Sunday. Against what will hopefully be a demoralised Saudi Sportswashing Machine team. I wonder what Andros will be feeling? At least with Saudi Sportswashing Machine already relegated the pressure to score is taken away. I am sure he is professional, but I hope he can just not try too hard on Sunday.
3-0 Spurs.

So stattos.

Even though we may not finish as the League Top scorers, we should, bar a collapse, finish with the best defence and Best GD. Somebody will probably know, wonder how long has it been since the team with the meanest defence and best GD didnt win the league?
Or is it not such an unusual occurance.

Saying those who would not pick Mason has a agenda, that is rubbish.

Tomorrow yes. In general of course not. Mason has to start tomorrow in place of Dembele and or Alli as he is the only other CM available. That's the point I'm making.

After the 3-match winless run which killed off our title chance, we have to win this match to finish in 2nd place for the first time since 1963. It will be some consolation to our failure in title race if we can finish ahead of Arsenal after so long. But it won't be easy as Saudi Sportswashing Machine are already relegated and are under no pressure. They might be fired up to go down to Championship with a win. But we have won our last 2 matches at Saudi Sportswashing Machine. Hope we can continue the winning run against them.

I think Kane must score atleast 1 goal in this match if he wants to finish as the top scorer in the league. Somehow can see Vardy and Aguero score in their matches. So, Kane have to increase his 25 goal tally to win the golden boot as the top scorer. Hope he can do just that and help us finish in 2nd place in the process. But despite that, wants to see him create chances for others as well. Both Eriksen and Lamela have had a good season. But they badly need more league goals. Wish they will end the season with a goal each !

Our midfield are very weak without Alli and Dembele. This was proven against Southampton. Mason or Carrol are simply not good enough to replace Dembele in midfield. I would prefer if we just play Wimmer in Dembele's place. Atleast he can help us stop our opponents ! But can see Pochettino starting Mason in midfield again. Wish he will avoid any silly mistakes and help us to win !

Our defence have been very disappointing in the last 3 matches. We have conceded 5 goals in those matches which have been costly to us. Without no doubt, Townsend will be looking to score against us after the way we let him go. Hope we will not let him get his revenge on us ! Want to see Lloris more alert on his goal as he has let in some soft goals recently. Will be very disappointed if we don't keep the clean sheet in this match.

Pochettino need to win this match to overtake AVB's record 72 league points achieved in 2013. After the largely positive season, it will be disappointing if we don't win this match to set a new league record of 73 points.

I don't know why the media over here is focusing on the top scorer's title, as if that's the only story to tell today, "there's little excitement about the last day" - my fudging ass! We need to finish above scum for the first time in ages, and we badly need to get the second place (would be our highest league finish since the 62/63 season, ffs). GET fudging IN LADS! I'm sweating already, this is a ridiculously important game. I want to see everyone playing riled up for this, giving their all, not stopping until the whistle blows. We badly need this. GET IN! COYS!

Any official-news yet ?

It will be great to get a big win to finish this season in style. But won't mind how we win as long as we win and Kane get the golden boot as the league's top scorer.

This.

When we run on such a tight budget £7m is £7m. Rumours that Pochettino is being given a £60m transfer kitty, well finishing 2nd as opposed to £3rd perhaps levy could stretch it to £65m or £67m.
With our astute signings is almost another player

Yep, £7m is a huge amount and I didn't realise the gap between 2nd and 3rd is that big.

Over + 10% worth of the supposed transfer kitty: it's massive. Even if it's not another player, that could cover (partially at least) the wages for increased deals for Kane et al.

Back