• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT ***Tottenham Hotspur vs Saudi Sportswashing Machine***

I don't know why the media over here is focusing on the top scorer's title, as if that's the only story to tell today, "there's little excitement about the last day" - my fudgeing ass! We need to finish above scum for the first time in ages, and we badly need to get the second place (would be our highest league finish since the 62/63 season, ffs). GET fudgeING IN LADS! I'm sweating already, this is a ridiculously important game. I want to see everyone playing riled up for this, giving their all, not stopping until the whistle blows. We badly need this. GET IN! COYS!

Ah but wouldn't it be a great fairy story for Jack the Giantkiller to save the day for Woolwich and everyone in the media

So stattos.

Even though we may not finish as the League Top scorers, we should, bar a collapse, finish with the best defence and Best GD. Somebody will probably know, wonder how long has it been since the team with the meanest defence and best GD didnt win the league?
Or is it not such an unusual occurance.

Going back 30 years to 1985/6:

Occasions when team with best GD have not won the league:
2015: Emirates Marketing Project (+45 - 4 better than Chelsea)
2009: Liverpool (+50 - 6 better than Man Utd)
2003: Arsenal (+43 - 3 better than Man Utd)

Occasions when team with best defence has not win the league:
2014: Chelsea (27 - 10 fewer than Emirates Marketing Project)
2013: Man C, Chelsea, Arsenal, Everton (all fewer than Man Utd)
2011: Chelsea, Man C (both fewer than Man Utd)
2010: Man Utd (28 - 4 fewer than Chelsea)
2007: Chelsea (24 - 3 fewer than Man Utd)
2002: Liverpool (30 - 6 fewer than Arsenal)
2000: 5 teams (all fewer than Man Utd)
1999: Arsenal, Chelsea, Leeds (all fewer than Man Utd)
1996: Liverpool and Saudi Sportswashing Machine (both fewer than Man Utd)
1994: Blackburn and Arsenal (both fewer than Man Utd)
1992: Man Utd (4 fewer than Leeds U)
1989: Liverpool (28 - 8 fewer than Arsenal)

Occasions when teams with better GD AND fewer goals conceded has NOT won the league:
1998: Man Utd (12 better GD and 7 fewer goals conceded)
1997: Saudi Sportswashing Machine (1 better GD and 4 fewer goals conceded)
1995: Man Utd (8 better GD and 11 fewer goals conceded)

So, in answer to the question should we end up (after today's games) with the best GD and goals conceded stat it will be the first time since 1998 that won't have been good enough to have won the league.

However, there's a good chance that we'll finish 10 points behind the champions (best case scenario 7) so not sure we can claim that some sort of mathematical impossibility has denied us the league!

Here is our starting line-up to face Saudi Sportswashing Machine today -

Lloris (c)
Walker - Alderweireld - Vertonghen - Davies
Dier - Mason
Lamela - Eriksen - Son
Kane.​

Here are our substitutes at St James' Park -

Vorm
Rose
Wimmer
Carroll
Chadli
Onomah
Clinton​

As expected except Davies instead of Rose. Would have preferred Rose, as he is quicker than Davies, but Rose's form has declined slightly in recent weeks.

Rose and Townsend know each other ?
Davies more defence minded ?
Wales want Davies to get a show in before Euro2016?
England don't want Rose injured before Euro2016?
More letters in Davies than Rose ?

Did Rose offend Toons while at Sunderland ?

If not, why not ?

The players will be up for this.
Kane will be vital. Good decisions and concentration at the back means we should get a result.

I dont have confidence in the team list. Would bench Walker and Mason. Would retain Rose and bring in Carroll. But I will support Spurs and I really hope we beat Saudi Sportswashing Machine.

Good time to be living in Australia, get this broadcasted live on fox.. Come on you Spurs. We should smash this rabble.

I dont have confidence in the team list. Would bench Walker and Mason. Would retain Rose and bring in Carroll. But I will support Spurs and I really hope we beat Saudi Sportswashing Machine.
There is a case for Carroll's controlled possession but Rose is not fully fit and Walker's physical strength will be required more than Tripppier's wide play.

Back