• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

* / OMT - Tottenham Hotspur vs Saudi Sportswashing Machine / *

AVB said in an interview that with Vertonghen away on International duty that Kaboul and Gallas had been played together in training. I assume that that was the reason, can't think of any other reasons.

AVB said in an interview that with Vertonghen away on International duty that Kaboul and Gallas had been played together in training. I assume that that was the reason, can't think of any other reasons.

Cheers for that seems odd surely him and Kaboul first choice pairing never mind role on next week!

Think we played well, but never quite looked like making chances count.

Slightly worries me as that sums up AVB's Chelsea. Never quite made the most out of their performances.

I thought we played pretty well really, had all the decent play and generally looked pretty comfortable on what is a difficult ground. Just a couple of lapses and we were punished but not as though we fell apart or anything. Decent platform to build on.

Once again poorly started OMTs are costing us points.

It's like he read the OMT GHod's Ten Commandments and chose to ignore them. Hopefully whoever starts the Baggies thread shows more reverence and appeases them.

Just got home, im rather smashed

Spurs fans after the game in my pub were slagging off avb big style.

We were a little fortunate first half but once pards changed our system we controlled the game second half.

will post mroe when sober.

We were a little fortunate first half but once pards changed our system we controlled the game second half.

Wouldn't say you controlled the game at any point IMO. We dominated the first and it was at best 50/50 in the second half, you just got a great goal and we gave away a stupid pen.

Fair play though, you had the quality to win a game in which you were second best, an attribute the best teams have

Controlled? Honestly? You came forward twice and scored. I've never felt so comfortable in a game up until the point you scored. I think Saudi Sportswashing Machine have some quality, but we are the better side. Good luck though mate.

Best player on the pitch by a distance

UB8K2.jpg

And even then he didn't have that good a game by his standards.

Without him I don't think you would have had any chances at all, nobody seemed capable of carrying the ball forward. Cabaye, though a very good player, seems incredibly overrated by your lot.

Without him I don't think you would have had any chances at all, nobody seemed capable of carrying the ball forward. Cabaye, though a very good player, seems incredibly overrated by your lot.

He wasn't fit today, probably shouldn't have played.

Having said that, first time he got on the ball in the final 3rd we scored.

We played well but lost. I would have preferred us to play poorly but still win. The fact we created more chances than Saudi Sportswashing Machine despite playing away is a plus point. But it is annoying we didn't make the most of those chances. Defoe scored 1 but wasted 3 good chances, including hitting the post. Similiarly Bale should have done better with the header instead of hitting the post. When you waste good chances like that, you are not going to win many matches. Until we find a clinical striker who doesn't waste those chances, we will struggle to win matches like these.

I think we missed Parker more than Modric in midfield. Sandro and Livermore did well in the first half but Saudi Sportswashing Machine outplayed them in the 2nd half. It was a very poor defending by Lennon and VDV for their penalty. This is why the attacking players shouldn't be allowed to tackle in penalty box. But I thought it was a soft penalty as Ben Harfa went down too easily. The match was lost after that as we didn't create any chances. The annoying thing was we didn't have anyone from the bench to save us. Kane hardly touched the ball.

Our defending was unconvincing at times especially for their first goal. Friedel always reminds me of Robinson as both doesn't make any great saves or save penalties. VDV was showing Friedel which way the penalty was going to be taken but he chose to ignore it. If he had followed VDV's instructions and saved the penalty, we could have a point in the back now.

Really disappointed we didn't get anything out of this match. Just hope we will get the maximum points from our next 2 matches at home.

Back