• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

* / OMT - Tottenham Hotspur vs Saudi Sportswashing Machine / *

6 hours to get up there due to a serious accident on the M1 that closed all 3 lanes and finally got home at 2am!

I don't quite know how we lost, it was completely undeserved but I suppose that's what happens when you have quality strikers!

2 chances 2 goals and we've paid the price for not getting in a top striker...I wonder how much Levy would have saved by signing someone 2 weeks later compared to the amount we lose by not having that extra point or 3!

I'm optimistic after the performance...but we need a striker!

I thought Jake and Sandro were excellent and did what they could with a booking each as another foul and Atkinson wouldn't have been able to get another yellow out quick enough.

I was impressed by Gylfi and think he'll be an excellent addition...he can also take a set piece which is refreshing although not quite sure how we're going to deal with him and Rafa as it's one or the other.

Bad day for Walker and he was just punished by a fantastic finish.

If I was AVB I would be fuming if Lennon or Rafa, actually both for not being able to deal with Ben Arfa at the corner...

JD looked sharp and deserved his goal but we can't play this system every game with just him as our only option. It doesn't help when we use Brad a lot and his kicking isn't exactly his strongest point.

As for the wingers, when Bale had the ball he looked a threat but didn't get involved enough and as much as I'm a massive Lenny fan he's not powerful or clinical enough to get the 10+ goals we need someone in his position to contribute to.

All in all I'm pleased and it does seem the players have bought into AVB's way of playing...the high line and pressing game.

VDV was showing Friedel which way the penalty was going to be taken but he chose to ignore it. If he had followed VDV's instructions and saved the penalty, we could have a point in the back now.

Incorrect, Friedel posted on twitter, VDV was pointing to try and put off HBA but in fact was telling Friedel the other side

Incorrect, Friedel posted on twitter, VDV was pointing to try and put off HBA but in fact was telling Friedel the other side

Surely that can't be true. How can VDV try to put off HBA when he is behind him ? Don't think HBA even knew what VDV was doing behind him. Besides, I am sure the ref would have stopped VDV if he was trying to put off HBA.

If we'd had a first class striker and a Modric replacement in this game we would've won. No doubt in my mind. Going into the season unprepared as cost us points. Last year we missed out on the CL by one point.

If we'd had a first class striker and a Modric replacement in this game we would've won. No doubt in my mind. Going into the season unprepared as cost us points. Last year we missed out on the CL by one point.

Notsureifserious.jgp..

If we had a first class striker and a modric replacement the game would have been entirely different and impossible to predict.

Saudi Sportswashing Machine controlled the game? lol

Second half we controlled the midfield, massive difference.

You were all over us in the first half and we couldn't have complained had we been 3-0 down, second half you didn't look like scoring at all apart from scraps from long balls into the box.

If you had decent strikers you would have been out of sight by half time.

6 hours to get up there due to a serious accident on the M1 that closed all 3 lanes and finally got home at 2am!

I don't quite know how we lost, it was completely undeserved but I suppose that's what happens when you have quality strikers!

2 chances 2 goals and we've paid the price for not getting in a top striker...I wonder how much Levy would have saved by signing someone 2 weeks later compared to the amount we lose by not having that extra point or 3!

I'm optimistic after the performance...but we need a striker!

I thought Jake and Sandro were excellent and did what they could with a booking each as another foul and Atkinson wouldn't have been able to get another yellow out quick enough.

I was impressed by Gylfi and think he'll be an excellent addition...he can also take a set piece which is refreshing although not quite sure how we're going to deal with him and Rafa as it's one or the other.

Bad day for Walker and he was just punished by a fantastic finish.

If I was AVB I would be fuming if Lennon or Rafa, actually both for not being able to deal with Ben Arfa at the corner...

JD looked sharp and deserved his goal but we can't play this system every game with just him as our only option. It doesn't help when we use Brad a lot and his kicking isn't exactly his strongest point.

As for the wingers, when Bale had the ball he looked a threat but didn't get involved enough and as much as I'm a massive Lenny fan he's not powerful or clinical enough to get the 10+ goals we need someone in his position to contribute to.

All in all I'm pleased and it does seem the players have bought into AVB's way of playing...the high line and pressing game.

Pretty much sums up my experience, although I got home at 03:30. I was dissapointed with the result, but not the performance. It looked as though we had some structure to the way we played the game, I thought the "high line" worked and I liked the way that 433, easily became 343, when we were pressing.

Its so strange, usually i would be completely fudged off after a result like that.

But its just made me optimistic. We didnt deserve to lose, we looked great without two key players, and once we have them, we'll be dingdonging teams home and away! ;)

Now to sign some players...

Surprised by some of your reactions, you looked a better side on your last two visits to St. James' Park.

If you are going to play the game the way you did in the first half you're going to need to do a lot of fitness work, very hard to press a team like that for the full game and you couldn't manage it in the second half.

You were all over us in the first half and we couldn't have complained had we been 3-0 down, second half you didn't look like scoring at all apart from scraps from long balls into the box.

I felt so comfortable in that game, I don't think at any point you controlled it, and I don't think you ever got near our goal apart from an excellent finish and a short corner leading to a penalty. Controlling would suggest it was all you and we could barely get a kick. In reality you simply weren't as bad as in the first half and it was more of an even game, but still as the away side I felt completely comfortable and a loss was totally undeserved. Not sure why our fans would be slagging AVB off after that, makes no sense. Unless it was Huddlestone melodrama which we have seen some of ours can be prone to.

I'm actually really optimistic about the season after that. We played at the home of a top 5 side, that had a lot of quality players especially in attack, and were clearly the better team. That was without Modric or his replacement, and it was without Ade or another addition. It was funny, everyone associated with Saudi Sportswashing Machine looked really happy at the final whistle, as if they had got what they deserved, but if those performances are how it will be for the rest of the season, we will definitely be well up there.

Very optimistic and very impressed with AVB, we looked like we had a plan and we were carrying it out well.

I felt so comfortable in that game, I don't think at any point you controlled it, and I don't think you ever got near our goal apart from an excellent finish and a short corner leading to a penalty. Controlling would suggest it was all you and we could barely get a kick. In reality you simply weren't as bad as in the first half and it was more of an even game, but still as the away side I felt completely comfortable and a loss was totally undeserved. Not sure why our fans would be slagging AVB off after that, makes no sense. Unless it was Huddlestone melodrama which we have seen some of ours can be prone to.

I'm actually really optimistic about the season after that. We played at the home of a top 5 side, that had a lot of quality players especially in attack, and were clearly the better team. That was without Modric or his replacement, and it was without Ade or another addition. It was funny, everyone associated with Saudi Sportswashing Machine looked really happy at the final whistle, as if they had got what they deserved, but if those performances are how it will be for the rest of the season, we will definitely be well up there.

Very optimistic and very impressed with AVB, we looked like we had a plan and we were carrying it out well.

Not really, second half we controlled the midfield, we didn't dominate but we controlled it and played it as we wanted to. No surprise that your midfield created nothing in the second half, Sigurdsson in particular did nothing in the second half after a very bright first half, wasn't surprised to see him taken off.

Surprised by some of your reactions, you looked a better side on your last two visits to St. James' Park.

If you are going to play the game the way you did in the first half you're going to need to do a lot of fitness work, very hard to press a team like that for the full game and you couldn't manage it in the second half.

To be fair though, as you said, if we had a striker last night we could have been out of sight.

That would have allowed us to lower the intensity and sit back a bit, we wouldnt have needed to press all game

That will come with match fitness.

It also wasn't helped with both Livermore and Sandro on bookings so had to be a bit more careful.

Ben Arfa had a lot more of the ball 2nd half and when you have someone that can run with the ball all over the pitch and your main ball winning midfielders can't make a tackle the pattern of the game is going to change.

Not really, second half we controlled the midfield, we didn't dominate but we controlled it and played it as we wanted to. No surprise that your midfield created nothing in the second half, Sigurdsson in particular did nothing in the second half after a very bright first half, wasn't surprised to see him taken off.

I don't disagree on Sig, he was less effective in the second half but you still had 2 decent chances all game plus a shot from about 35 yards. We were completely comfortable, and if I were a Saudi Sportswashing Machine fan I really wouldn't be all that happy with the performance.

As a Spurs fan, we went there without 2 vital positions in the team being filled - plus a goalkeeper that is more comfortable with the ball at his feet and thus with the tactical system - and totally deserved something from that game.

Lol and you didnt look like scoring either pretty much the entire game. Poor mistake by Walker and we got punished by a very good finish but to say you controlled or did anything of note that game would frankly be a lie. We dominated the 1st half, 2nd was more even and it looked like both teams were content to knock it around without much penetration.

The key to the pressing game is keeping the ball when you get it back. If you don't, then you will be doing a whole load of pressing and as you say fitness work

We didn't keep the ball anywhere near we are capable of yesterday. We will in time as we perfect the hunting in groups philosophy and any new addition like moutinho will help. Once you get up into the 60% possession level, no real extra fitness is required (did swansea last year look like ironmen?)

I think the possession will come from also having a striker more inclined to get involved in the build up play rather than make runs off the ball. I like Defoe and he is capable of scoring and contributing to a well-performing team even when he is the only guy up top, but I still don't think he is the perfect fit. Ade would have helped a lot yesterday, as well as Modric/replacement and a keeper more comfortable with his feet. Some depth on the wings wouldn't go a miss either. I think Townsend is good back up for Bale because Bale won't need to be rested too much, but someone like Adam Johnson would be good to compete with Lennon on the right.

I agree we have been better - more potent more attacking more impetus and intensity I think.

However it is the first game of the season, we are not settled and we have players in key positions not bought.

I think you guys were there for the taking yesterday - I think you were very ordinary and didnt create too much.

I agree we have been better - more potent more attacking more impetus and intensity I think.

However it is the first game of the season, we are not settled and we have players in key positions not bought.

I think you guys were there for the taking yesterday - I think you were very ordinary and didnt create too much.

Because of how well we played. They had a very good side out.

Back