• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT - TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs. READING - OMT***

Where has all the Defoe hate gone?

Should be our 8th highest ever scorer very soon.

i'm not a defoe hater at all, but i think he should have scored 4 or 5 today, the volley near the end, the wild swipe with his left after good work from bale down the wing, and the chance after he made a lovely take over his shoulder were all tap in's for a top striker

if i was in charge ade would be starting the next game

Lots and lots of positives here, apart from the three points of course. Firstly, what a player Verthongen is! So calm on the ball, and vision almost in the King class. Covers a lot of area too. Sandro - man of the match, unplayable today. Great first 30 minutes, albeit with Reading having a terrible day at the office. Dembele very good in possession, all the players put in a good shift.

But, and there are but's here. I still cannot fathom why Bale or whoever in charge chooses to make arguably the world's best left sider into a very average roaming midfielder. And Defoe, all hail his two fantastic goals, but you really, really need to work on looking around you. Today it was great with two fine goals and all, but on another day you could have cost us the game with your selfishness. Why go for something with 30% chance of scoring when a little pass could have given us 60%? A good poker player you would not be, to put it the Yoda way.

And it may be just me, but the players do not ooze the aura of liking AvB very much. Perhaps I'm reading too much into it, with all the pressure he's under, but that's the feeling I get. I hope he hasn't changed too much too fast.

But all in all a good effort and our first win of many this season. COYS

i'm not a defoe hater at all, but i think he should have scored 4 or 5 today, the volley near the end, the wild swipe with his left after good work from bale down the wing, and the chance after he made a lovely take over his shoulder were all tap in's for a top striker

Yeah because Ade would have taken all of those wouldnt he.....

I'm pleased for Defoe but it means at least one more game of him upfront on his own, it worked today but one swallow a summer does not make.

i'm going with this. we should be scoring more goals for all the games played so far. good coming back deep to create space up front for others, but really not necessary to help the midfield out. better to prepare to break and get something on target.

Can i also mention that my OMT has brought us our first win of the season?

See what a bit of effort does?!

And mods, dont let Arseface change his avatar until he thanks me personally ;)

COYS

Pleased with the win, and very pleased for Defoe. Had a feeling he would have a big day today. Vertonghen showed why we bought him and Dembele looks like he could be our best signing of the season

Lots and lots of positives here, apart from the three points of course. Firstly, what a player Verthongen is! So calm on the ball, and vision almost in the King class. Covers a lot of area too. Sandro - man of the match, unplayable today. Great first 30 minutes, albeit with Reading having a terrible day at the office. Dembele very good in possession, all the players put in a good shift.

But, and there are but's here. I still cannot fathom why Bale or whoever in charge chooses to make arguably the world's best left sider into a very average roaming midfielder. And Defoe, all hail his two fantastic goals, but you really, really need to work on looking around you. Today it was great with two fine goals and all, but on another day you could have cost us the game with your selfishness. Why go for something with 30% chance of scoring when a little pass could have given us 60%? A good poker player you would not be, to put it the Yoda way.

And it may be just me, but the players do not ooze the aura of liking AvB very much. Perhaps I'm reading too much into it, with all the pressure he's under, but that's the feeling I get. I hope he hasn't changed too much too fast.

Listen to what Hoddle is saying on Sky right now, Bale had a good game off the ball. His movement was excellent. Yes he wasn't getting the ball and running down the wing, but if one of our players got it and ran with the ball, he used his pace to pull the defenders all over the park. He had an intelligent game, a coaches game but not necessarily a fans game.

Defoe was fantastic. To pick him apart today is just negative hate for the sake of it. Yes he could have scored even more, but no striker is perfect. They are all human. He probably could have laid Bale off that one time, but he may also have scored it another.

At the end of the day, we have just gone to what could have been a very tricky game for us as no game is easy in the PL, and we have completely played them off the park. 20 shots to 4. 60% possession. This could have been the 6-0 thrashing that Walker was talking about in his interviews leading up to the game. And our movement was excellent. Intelligent and brilliant. This is a glimpse of what we should be seeing from AVB's Spurs, and it seems to have clicked for our players.

I guess flimflam hasn't baffled them after all.

Can i also mention that my OMT has brought us our first win of the season?

See what a bit of effort does?!

And mods, dont let Arseface change his avatar until he thanks me personally ;)

COYS

Thank you Glenroyid, someone who takes things seriously, gets results !! Haha

How good would we be if we had modders or moutinho and dembele behind defoe or ade ?? Dammit !! But we look potentially very good, I mean what a bench, so many game changers ...

Absolutely not.

At least give AVB and his coaching staff some time before you start judging what they are turning Bale into.

Defoe had a good overall game today, worked really hard and pressed well. Set up what should have been a goal for Sig. I guess you're talking about his second goal as the 30% chance, Bale made a good run, but he was offside when Defoe had the chance to make the pass, Defoe used the run well as a decoy.

No idea what you're getting that aura from?

We played well. Our movement forced them into errors, and a lot of our players made runs they weren't making last season.

Satisfyingly, we also won convincingly, which didn't happen at Saudi Sportswashing Machine or against West Brom, despite general domination.

Hudd continued his rehabilitation, Vertonghen looked composed, Friedel wasn't tested at all, Dembele and Sandro looked assured as a CDM pairing, and Defoe had a great game.

It may have been against a side that looks destined for relegation, but it was a professional, positive performance. Get. In. There.

Kingdawson....? :p

Back