• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT - TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs. Leicester City ***

Really? In recent games they have beaten both liverpool and Arsenal our supposed rivals for fourth spot. I think you are underestimating them. Would love a win but would not be displeased with a point.

Have you seen them play? I guess we can use the old cliche of it's a good sign if you can still win when not playing well but there's only so often that can keep happening, eventually it catches up with you. I wouldn't be displeased with a point against them but would I be over the moon with it? Certainly not, they're very beatable.

We play 42 hours after the end of this fame, we have to make FULL use of the squad at this time of year, it would be risking injury/poor performance to not take full account of the Man Utd game less than two days later, and Leicester will have one eye on their relegation 6 pointer with Hull after they play us.

With that in mind, I suggest:

Lloris

Chiriches Kaboul Vertonghan Rose

Townsend Stambouli Dembele Chadli

Adebeyor Soldado

This is a team that can get us a result and leave us with a lot of fresh legs for what is a Champions League six pointer against Utd.

Agreed - the only team i can forgive not beating at home this season is Chelsea really.

Poch might have his team fit enough to play regularly. Only he knows where he has got them to. 3 points against Liecester is easier than 3 points against the other 2. We should go all out.

Meh, I think we will struggle to beat Chelsea, City and Wham at home. The Wham game comes on the Sunday after the Fiorentina first leg and I fully expect us to be resting players for the second leg in Italy 4 days later.

they're a championship team, players like Nugent and Konchesky, anything other than a 2 goal win would be disappointing

We should be looking to beat United at home with a strong team out, so if there's anyone who can't manage the two games id rest them v Leicester

This.

We have a good squad. Use it intelligently - minor rotation here & there depending on who's in the best shape. Agree with Pirate's shout to keep the defense intact though.

I think we should effectively go all out against Leicester & Man U. Leicester are awful and Man U... well, I don't see any reason to fear them. We're much better at WHL against them these days. If we get a good win against Leicester our confidence should be high.

Cheatski is another matter, but let's go all out for these first two big games.

Poch might have his team fit enough to play regularly. Only he knows where he has got them to. 3 points against Liecester is easier than 3 points against the other 2. We should go all out.

Yes we have to win this one. Then can focus on 3 points from united. Winning this will take the pressure off. Anything from Chelsea is a bonus, nothing to lose game. Could see us nicking a draw depending on fitness and players used. Imagine if we could get 7 points? Or even 5! Would set us up nicely for 2015. First thing: take this game seriously and get the points.

I think you are risking Eriksen burn out if he is to start in all of the next three games. He is the one player we don't really have an adequate direct replacement for imo.

Definitely, although the lack of replacement is true for a few others too. And it's that risk Poch has to balance up against the decreased chance of getting the 3 points in our next game by resting players.

Meh, I think we will struggle to beat Chelsea, City and Wham at home. The Wham game comes on the Sunday after the Fiorentina first leg and I fully expect us to be resting players for the second leg in Italy 4 days later.[/QUOTE]

Or a League Cup final 7 days later [-o<

Meh, I think we will struggle to beat Chelsea, City and Wham at home. The Wham game comes on the Sunday after the Fiorentina first leg and I fully expect us to be resting players for the second leg in Italy 4 days later.[/QUOTE]

Or a League Cup final 7 days later [-o<

Wow, our players are really gonna deserve their holidays this year if we get there and push past Fiorentina in the same week.

NY spurs -> http://www.nyspurs.com/forum/venue-...ing-day-10am_topic6156_post141290.html#141290

They will be at -> http://perditionnyc.com/home/ for this game (usual spot is under reno I believe)

Alternatively it should be at most PL carrying Pubs (as NBC Sports Extra carries pretty much all games now), where are you staying?

Thanks. Not staying too far from perdition actually so I might have to pop in. 10am kick off time has potential to be a real day ruiner.

Yeah I know nbc sports show most games, but was wondering what the likelihood of them showing Spurs /Leicester would be. Perdition seems to be the most likely destination.

Thanks. Not staying too far from perdition actually so I might have to pop in. 10am kick off time has potential to be a real day ruiner.

Yeah I know nbc sports show most games, but was wondering what the likelihood of them showing Spurs /Leicester would be. Perdition seems to be the most likely destination.

NBC shows all the games over several platforms. However, the majority are usually shown online and are only accessible if you have a cable provider that has the appropriate deal with them. Some games are on the regular NBC channel (4) but the majority on TV are on the cable NBCSN. For tomorrow, the Spurs game is online only at 10 (although one can put the stream on a screen).

Last edited:
A few years ago, we used to field virtually 2 different teams during the Christmas holiday matches. It is a pity that we don't have that squad depth now. We are badly lacking the squad depth that we can't afford to rest too many players now. With us playing 3 days in 7 matches in this holiday period, lack of rest for our key players are going to play a huge role in how we do in these matches. I will prefer if we can rest a few players against Leicester and field out strongest 11 against ManU instead. But our lack of quality players means we will struggle badly against Leicester if we rest key players. So, we have to play our best in both matches and hope they don't tire out.

IMO, Eriksen will be our key player in this match. Hopefully his creativity will be too much for the weak Leicester midfield and defence. The queston will be if we can fnish up the chances he creates. Lamela did well to score him first league goal for us against Burnley. Hope he will be fired up in this match, if he plays. Hope Chadli will be among the goal scorers as well. Somehow feel we should start Soldado instead of Kane in this match.

Want to see Dembele partner Stambouli in midfield. Still think Dembele can contribute to our midfield. Also, I think it is time we let Stambouli show what he can do in league matches. Wish we can start Lennon as well. His pace will trouble the weak Leicester midfield. Without doubt, we have to control the midfield to win this match. It will be annoying if we can't beat the shyte Leicester midfield.

Despite this being an away match, will be disappointed if we cannot keep a clean sheet. But we cannot under estimate Lecicester as they have the same number of home league goals as us. Hope Lloris and the defenders wil be alert all the time. Will be annoyed if we concede another long range goals. Surely, we should have done our homework on how to stop those goals by now.

Hope we will be fired up for this match despite the holiday period. We need to get a comfortable win to go into the ManU match in a confident mood. Hope we can do just that.

Leicester continue to be without first-choice goalkeeper Kasper Schmeichel as he recovers from a broken metatarsal.
Top scorer Leonardo Ulloa could be recalled as the Foxes look to end a two-match goal drought.
Tottenham are hoping midfielder Ryan Mason will overcome the ankle injury that forced him to be substituted in the first half against Burnley.
Emmanuel Adebayor is included in the squad, but captain Younes Kaboul is set to miss out again.

Any official team news yet ?

Regardless of what team we play against Leicester, hope we will turn up with the right mentality and get the much needed win.

Back