• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT - TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs. Leicester City ***

No rotation for this one, play the same side as last game, they've had enough rest between the games.

For Utd, we can rotate the team completely, but let's go and make sure of these 3 points first.

We should be looking to beat United at home with a strong team out, so if there's anyone who can't manage the two games id rest them v Leicester

I would keep the defence largely intact - much like Chelscum do. They are improving as a unit. Maybe rest Walker if there is a doubt about whether his fitness can cope with so many games in such a short period. He will be needed for United and Chelsea.

Otherwise, Kane and Mason are obvious non starters - kane to save burn out and Mason to protect a knock. Eriksen is just too valuable to be risked against Leicester and Lamela should also be saved for United.
So , my team would be:

Lloris
Naughton/Vlad
Fazio
Verts
Davies/Rose
Stambouli
Bentelab
Townsend
Dembele
Chadli
Soldado

I get the whole resting midfielders thing but defenders/strikers...seriously?

Kane does his fair share of closing down but to drop him now on this run of form is crazy, especially given Soldado is the alternative.

Walker needs to be managed but he's young, fit and it wasn't an ACL type injury, he just needs match fitness which he's more than capable of picking up with games like Burnley and Leicester. Bring him off after an hour if he thinks its an issue. Fazio and Verts pick themselves.

Bentaleb looked rusty to me against Burnley - I'd give him a game off and bring Dembele in his place, open Leicester up. Stambouli instead of Mason due to injury I'm assuming. Drop Lamela after that goal and you're mad.

------------Loris-----------
Walker Verts Fazio Davies
--Stambouli---Dembele---
Lamela---Eriksen----Chadli
------------Kane------------

3-1 to Spurs

----------------------------------Vorm---------------------------------

Walker------------Fazio-------------------------Verts-----------Rose

------------------Stambouli--------------------Paulinho---------------

Lamela----------------------------Eriksen------------------------Chadli

-----------------------------------Soldado------------------------------

Subs: Lloris, Chiriches, Davies, Dembele, Capoue, Lennon, Kane

Rationale:

- Lloris needs a break: usually keepers don't, but the extent to which Lloris closes down and wanders around the area probably warrants an exception to this trend. Plus, we need to play Vorm in the league at some point: might as well be in a 'safer' game (if there ever is such a thing when it comes to Spurs)

- Davies seems to be improving defensively: best save him for United and let Rose take this if he's fit.

- Bentaleb needs a rest, as does Mason: we'd probably want them both fit and firing for United, where a win could really kickstart the second half of the season on a positive note. Hence, if it's possible I'd like Poch to not even put them in the 18.

- The front midfield three needs to gel more and look like they're still a little way off reading each other's movements, so it's probably wise not to make too many changes to this trio if it can be helped.

- Soldado isn't going to get a better chance to score some league goals than against the bottom side when they're on a bad run of form. Best try him now, and save Kane's energetic pressing for United.

Prediction - the horrible arrogance involved in that team selection backfires and Poch gets metaphorical coal for Christmas as we limply lose 3-0. :)

----------------------------------Vorm---------------------------------

Walker------------Fazio-------------------------Verts-----------Rose

------------------Stambouli--------------------Paulinho---------------

Lamela----------------------------Eriksen------------------------Chadli

-----------------------------------Soldado------------------------------

Subs: Lloris, Chiriches, Davies, Dembele, Capoue, Lennon, Kane

Rationale:

- Lloris needs a break: usually keepers don't, but the extent to which Lloris closes down and wanders around the area probably warrants an exception to this trend. Plus, we need to play Vorm in the league at some point: might as well be in a 'safer' game (if there ever is such a thing when it comes to Spurs)

- Davies seems to be improving defensively: best save him for United and let Rose take this if he's fit.

- Bentaleb needs a rest, as does Mason: we'd probably want them both fit and firing for United, where a win could really kickstart the second half of the season on a positive note. Hence, if it's possible I'd like Poch to not even put them in the 18.

- The front midfield three needs to gel more and look like they're still a little way off reading each other's movements, so it's probably wise not to make too many changes to this trio if it can be helped.

- Soldado isn't going to get a better chance to score some league goals than against the bottom side when they're on a bad run of form. Best try him now, and save Kane's energetic pressing for United.

Prediction - the horrible arrogance involved in that team selection backfires and Poch gets metaphorical coal for Christmas as we limply lose 3-0. :)

Small Paul in a midfield two away from home. :red::red::red:

A lot of people are obviously feeling bullish about this one, but how sexy would it be to go and lose at home to the bottom side to put a dampener on our recent little upturn? Foxes are pitiful at the moment, though; 2 points from their last 12 games, a Redknapp Number of 1 and lost the last 5 on the spin, so I'll go 2-0 Spurs, and no Boxing Day blues.

i say we go for the bird in the hand and put out a strong starting line up and secure the win and 3 points.
and when we're comfortably ahead, defend with two banks of four with lennon and townsend leading the attack with fresh legs

A lot of people are obviously feeling bullish about this one, but how sexy would it be to go and lose at home to the bottom side to put a dampener on our recent little upturn? Foxes are pitiful at the moment, though; 2 points from their last 12 games, a Redknapp Number of 1 and lost the last 5 on the spin, so I'll go 2-0 Spurs, and no Boxing Day blues.

sexy would be losing this one then taking 4 points from United and Chelsea.

.........................LLoris

Walker........Fazio.........Vertonghen........Rose

..............Stambouli........Bentaleb

Lamela...............Eriksen..................Chadli

.........................Kane

.........................Lloris

Walker........Fazio.........Vertonghen........Rose

..............Dembele........Mason..........

Lamela...............Eriksen...............Chadli

.........................Kane

Limited rotation if we do rotate.

-One of Mason and Bentaleb replaced by Stambouli. If we want to be more solid against United resting Bentaleb for this one and Stambouli-Bentaleb against Manu makes some sense. Assuming Mason is fit for the Leicester game.

-One, max two out of the front 4 (Kane, Eriksen, Chadli, Lamela) rested. Soldado and/or Lennnon in as they've been the best functioning players out of the squad players for those positions imo. Again, if we want more solidity against United Dembele can be put in one of those roles.

Keep the back 4 intact if at all possible.

Leicester are in a horrible run, but we've struggled against smaller teams this season and wholesale changes would probably make us disjointed. Wouldn't be against just starting our strongest 11, perhaps one or two tactical changes for Manu and then let the Chelsea game be the Chelsea game when it comes around.

I think Kane & Eriksen should be on the bench for this one as its vital we have them firing against United 2 days later. I wouldn't want to run them into the ground.
There needs to be some consideration about the number of games Walker has played after being out 9 months. Again it might do some good to rest him here and bring him back for the 2 big games at WHL.
Rose is also in contention if we want to keep the squad happy we could rest Davies though that is non essential.

I don't know, we really should be looking to beat Utd. They're not that good.

Really? In recent games they have beaten both liverpool and Arsenal our supposed rivals for fourth spot. I think you are underestimating them. Would love a win but would not be displeased with a point.

I think we should aim for at least 5 points from our next three games. A win and two draws would be great imo. Anything more would be a major bonus.

Limited rotation if we do rotate.

-One of Mason and Bentaleb replaced by Stambouli. If we want to be more solid against United resting Bentaleb for this one and Stambouli-Bentaleb against Manu makes some sense. Assuming Mason is fit for the Leicester game.

-One, max two out of the front 4 (Kane, Eriksen, Chadli, Lamela) rested. Soldado and/or Lennnon in as they've been the best functioning players out of the squad players for those positions imo. Again, if we want more solidity against United Dembele can be put in one of those roles.

Keep the back 4 intact if at all possible.

Leicester are in a horrible run, but we've struggled against smaller teams this season and wholesale changes would probably make us disjointed. Wouldn't be against just starting our strongest 11, perhaps one or two tactical changes for Manu and then let the Chelsea game be the Chelsea game when it comes around.

I think you are risking Eriksen burn out if he is to start in all of the next three games. He is the one player we don't really have an adequate direct replacement for imo.

Back