• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT - TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs. Leicester City ***

I get what you are saying, but for every good luck story there is a hard luck one, reminds me a bit of the early days under Jol and Redknapp, the results arrived before the performances

also, and I'm sure many will disagree, Jol and Redknapp had a bit more to work with in the early stages, that MP can get these results out of this squad, bearing in mind what we looked like a few months ago, leaves me feeling very positive

I agree the squad isn't the best, but the performances and results aren't much different to last season, albeit with less hammerings.

I watched the complete rerun game on sky at 8 o'clock after following the game from the comments on here and I have to say that we were no where near as bad as us being made out. I think the nervousness of a live game must have made it seem a lot worse. Up to Bentaleb fluff that chance they weren't in it, but they seemed to take heart from that and have s go. We played a lot of good football that just didn't quite click. Some teamisgoing to get a right going over when it does. Love Kane but he has to get back to doing what he does best, the simple effective things. Hus overconfidence the last couple of games has nearly cost us.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

I don't re-watch full games much but have done so a few times this season and have been surprised how different things appear second time around, once the in game emotion has been removed.

Happy with the win. But this was embarassing as we got outclassed by one of the worst team in the league. They could have scored 3 or 4 goals if not for Lloris and poor finishing. Normally teams would get boosted after scoring early. But we scored in the first minute and then went to sleep for the rest of the match. Fortunately for us, Lloris and Eriksen came to our rescue yet again !

Big credit to Kane for continuing his goal run. It was a well-taken goal so early in the match. It was his 5th goal in the league and 15 in all competitions. But Kane also wasted another open goal when his header went off target with only the goalie to beat. It could have been costly to us as we didn't create many chances in this match. But just when it looked like we will lose, Eriksen saved us with another crucial late goal. It was a well-taken freekick with a inch perfect shot that beat the goalie.

Really disappointed with our midfield as they were simply outclassed in this match. I would have blamed Bentaleb if we had lost this match as he was involved in 2 crucial incidents in the first half. First, he wasted a golden chance to make it 2-0 when he was all alone against the Leicester goalie but was too slow to shoot or pass to an unmarked Lamela. Then he was too clumsy to tackle the Leicester player which resulted in them scoring. We got even worse when Mason replaced Stambouli in the second half. Mason and Bentaleb are simply not good enough to play together in midfield as shown in the 2nd half. Hope Pochettino have learned a lesson from this match.

Despite the goals by Kane and Eriksen, surely Lloris was the man-of-the-match for us. He saved us with many world class saves yet again. Our defence simply went to sleep in this match. Leicester created too many chances which they failed to make use of. And they were also unlucky with the freekick which hit the post. Also, thought we also got away a few times when any other ref could have given Leicester 1 or 2 penalties after clumsy tackles by Vertonghen in 2nd half.

Despite the poor performance, really happy we have now won 4 matches in a row, 3 in the league. We have been poor in all those league matches. But it is always good to play poorly and win, instead of losing despite playing well. Hope we will now go into the ManU match with more confidence and luck !

The problem wasn't the defence as such, although they did not cover themselves in glory either. The problem was the midfield and the Mason/Bentaleb is - at least at the moment - not good enough, not experience enough and not effective enough to shield our defence appropriately.

I haven't watched it again, but if I did, I don't imagine I'd see much other than the fact we were outplayed for 70-odd minutes by the bottom side in the league and didn't merit one point in my opinion, never mind all three. We were poor. A different day and a different referee, and we'd have come away with what we deserved -- nothing. We've shown hints of a style and identity recently, but games like this show what a house of cards it all is without players you can trust, and a house of cards is only ever a breath from collapse.

Am I the only one that thinks the MOTD editors pick out some odd clips? I didn't see the game today but kept up with the live text commentary. Some of our first half opportunities get completely edited out, or were the opportunities I read about (Bentaleb played through on goal for instance) not as clear cut as the text commentary made them out to be?

The Bentaleb chance was a sitter... All he had to do was lay it square after his second touch to an unmarked Lamela.

Strange not to include it, maybe MOTD are trying to play up to a narrative

I watched the complete rerun game on sky at 8 o'clock after following the game from the comments on here and I have to say that we were no where near as bad as us being made out. I think the nervousness of a live game must have made it seem a lot worse. Up to Bentaleb fluff that chance they weren't in it, but they seemed to take heart from that and have s go. We played a lot of good football that just didn't quite click. Some teamisgoing to get a right going over when it does. Love Kane but he has to get back to doing what he does best, the simple effective things. Hus overconfidence the last couple of games has nearly cost us.

Agreed! Watched it in hindsight too, and even with the caveat that the calm confidence that comes from knowing the win was safe might make me overestimate us I really didn't think we were that bad.

We were clearly the better team in the opening 30-35 minutes. A lot closer to 2-0 than Leicester were to the equalizer and we played rather well as a team.

Leicester did better towards the end of the first half, I still think their chances came somewhat from nothing, but they did better. Didn't feel like we were outplayed though.

Leicester did much better after the goal. A lot of confidence and energy and obviously came close with the free kick. We weathered the storm a bit and I thought we looked like taking over again a bit before the goal from Eriksen came. Leicester spent a lot of energy in that opening 15 in the second half and I don't think they would have been able to continue that pressing for much longer even if Eriksen hadn't scored the somewhat lucky goal.

Kitchen sink time towards the end. Arguably the one massive involvement from Lloris as he palmed the cross onto Morgan's backside instead of him getting the tap in. It's still one I expect Lloris to get to and the rest of his involvements were all shots he would have been bitterly disappointed to be beaten by I thought.

Margins, Leicester fought hard, we had more quality in the boxes, we were decent, but not great.

Back