• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT - TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs. Leicester City ***

Come on!! That's a lame Figbird, if I ever heard one.

Most of those games were EL and League Cup games where we played totally different teams

Not totally different. Most of our players have played a fair amount of cup football this season. And don't forget that clubs not involved in cup competitions can still rest players for PL games as and when deemed appropriate. Spurs don't have that luxury. All in all, I think you'll find that the majority of our players have played far more competitive minutes this season than the majority of other clubs' players.

Besides which, there's also the travelling and lack of specific match preparation to consider.

I cannot believe this place sometimes!

Yes, it was a scrappy win for us, we rode our luck for sure with the penalty decisions and the woodwork/Loris were in top form. But the way this reads, we did nothing. In fact, we missed (by my count) three sitters, saw their trendy hipster arsssse of a keeper make a couple of tremendous saves and Vardy should've seen a straight red for taking out Loris.

We are a YOUNG SIDE finding our way amidst an absolute cluster of games, we have ridden a near-mutiny in the dressing room from some the 'senior figures' where the young have prevailed, and we are still trying to find out best defensive combination (I think it's fair to say that Rose and Eriksen together cause issues for us defensively).

Do you see ROOTS of good stuff? Do you see some identity slowly bedding in? I see a very very young side winning games, learning to dig deep and scrap it out sometimes and laying down some very good future foundations.

Cheer up!!!!!!!

COYS

p.s. The c**ting Bentaleb has got is shameful. One poor game and he's 'out' of most of your sides against Utd, with Capoue and Dembele coming in? Think that one through carefully. Or let me be blunt. We'd have rings run around us.

I don't think there is anything wrong with calling a poor performance what it is. The 1st half was ok and we had a few chances to kill the game but didn't take them. The 2nd half was not good and we were lucky to come away with the 3 points and could quite easily have come away with zero.

There are of course positives. The very fact that we managed to pick up 3 points in this kind of game is great and i do think in the past month there have been definite signs of us moving in the right direction but at the same time its ok to accept we did not play well and were lucky today. Hopefully we can put in an improved performance against Utd.

I don't think there is anything wrong with calling a poor performance what it is. The 1st half was ok and we had a few chances to kill the game but didn't take them. The 2nd half was not good and we were lucky to come away with the 3 points and could quite easily have come away with zero.

There are of course positives. The very fact that we managed to pick up 3 points in this kind of game is great and i do think in the past month there have been definite signs of us moving in the right direction but at the same time its ok to accept we did not play well and were lucky today. Hopefully we can put in an improved performance against Utd.

I agree with this mate. But there is, for me, a difference between rational observation and outright pessimism.

p.s. The c**ting Bentaleb has got is shameful. One poor game and he's 'out' of most of your sides against Utd, with Capoue and Dembele coming in? Think that one through carefully. Or let me be blunt. We'd have rings run around us.

Steff in my defence I would drop half the team on the basis of fitness levels. Actually I would have put capoue and dembele in today and used Bentaleb for man u.

For me at this time of year it is about squad rotation.

We were ****. If we play like that against United, we will lose very, very badly. Their keeper is probably as good as (if not better than) our own hero. We've been lucky for huge portions of this season, but today we got the win via the most miraculous, unlikely method possible. We will not get THAT lucky again.

Yes, we won, and we received some welcome points considering the next two games. But we were very, very bad after the 30 minute mark. No shame in admitting that.

Hang on! If we've been lucky all season surely we've had the luck before and by the sentiments of your post will get it again in all likeliness??

Well I missed the second half due to a family dinner and Im bloody glad I did by the sounds of it. Not good for the heart. Sounds like we were ****e/lucky judging by the posts. Its a massive win but if we play like that Utd and Chelsea will have a field day.

Yes, it was a scrappy win for us, we rode our luck for sure with the penalty decisions and the woodwork/Loris were in top form. But the way this reads, we did nothing. In fact, we missed (by my count) three sitters, saw their trendy hipster arsssse of a keeper make a couple of tremendous saves and Vardy should've seen a straight red for taking out Loris.

We are a YOUNG SIDE finding our way amidst an absolute cluster of games, we have ridden a near-mutiny in the dressing room from some the 'senior figures' where the young have prevailed, and we are still trying to find out best defensive combination (I think it's fair to say that Rose and Eriksen together cause issues for us defensively).

Do you see ROOTS of good stuff? Do you see some identity slowly bedding in? I see a very very young side winning games, learning to dig deep and scrap it out sometimes and laying down some very good future foundations.

Cheer up!!!!!!!

COYS

Agree. Not a good performance today but we have character and a little bit of identity forming and you can see some patterns to our play. Plus wih our Young kids there is a bit of solidariry with the players that had been lacking for a few years.

We need some additions at centre half and centre midfield but the young team we have are 100% good enough.... We just need to make sure when they dip that we have experienced pros there who are better than them...... The likes of kaboul, stambouli, paulinho, dembele and ADE aren't and theres the problem.

We should support out young players and I can see the kane doubters come out in force when he hasn't scored in a few 'told you in 2012 that he wasn't up to it'. We've got roots to build from
But we have to make sure we do well in the transfer market.

Come on!! That's a lame excuse, if I ever heard one.

Most of those games were EL and League Cup games where we played totally different teams

Oh ffs do i need to make a chart showing the minutes our 11 played and the minutes their 11 played.
Its christmas and I really couldnt be arsed.

This is all youre getting.
http://www.transfermarkt.com/tottenham-hotspur/leistungsdaten/verein/148/reldata/&2014
http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/leicester-city/leistungsdaten/verein/1003/reldata/&2014

Steff in my defence I would drop half the team on the basis of fitness levels. Actually I would have put capoue and dembele in today and used Bentaleb for man u.

For me at this time of year it is about squad rotation.

Fair point mate...I might not agree with actual selections, but yes, rotation for sure.

Agree. Not a good performance today but we have character and a little bit of identity forming and you can see some patterns to our play. Plus wih our Young kids there is a bit of solidariry with the players that had been lacking for a few years.

We need some additions at centre half and centre midfield but the young team we have are 100% good enough.... We just need to make sure when they dip that we have experienced pros there who are better than them...... The likes of kaboul, stambouli, paulinho, dembele and ADE aren't and theres the problem.

We should support out young players and I can see the kane doubters come out in force when he hasn't scored in a few 'told you in 2012 that he wasn't up to it'. We've got roots to build from

Agreed.
It has to be quality not quantity.
I think we are all starting to see what Fazio has brought to the table (and he was our second option!!!!)...would love to see Poch get his first.

Hang on! If we've been lucky all season surely we've had the luck before and by the sentiments of your post will get it again in all likeliness??

We haven't been as lucky as we were today, is my point. By all rights we should have lost comfortably today. Perhaps a 5-3 loss, like United suffered against the same opposition.

Again, good three points, hard work by the lads, and hopefully they'll gain confidence from this sort of game (perhaps confidence that they can pull any sort of situation out of the fire). But we were enormously lucky today, and didn't deserve the win at all. The sooner we can all accept that, the sooner we can learn from what we did wrong instead of whitewashing it by focusing on the win instead of the performance.

This January could be very important for us. Given our frustrating & inconsistent year so far (to be expected) to be in the position in the league that we are is a really positive thing. If we make a few astute signings in the transfer window who knows we might have an opportunity to surprise a few people, myself included.

Drama is its been a long while since we've had a transfer window we have really taken advantage of and pushed on.

Only saw the last half hour, due to going to sister-in-laws today (kin hell). Anyway, pleased with how we dug in and battled it out. Lucky, but got a very big 3 points today to give us some momentum for the Utd game.

"2222222222-1111111111111111111111....we only win 2222222222-11111111111111111111...."

Phew ! That was painful.
We should have wrapped up the game in the first 30 minutes.
Lucky to get 3 points.

Sent from my Noki DigiDrum using JungleTalk

I don't think anyone isn't happy with the 3 points

But once more it was a very lucky win, the midfield was a complete mess, he has his faults but we miss Dembele's ability to keep the ball, against better sides we will be punished for giving the ball away non stop.

The worry is the luck will run out.

Were doing what all top teams do, yep winning ugly, were digging in and getting results, 3 points away from home yet again

Roll on Man Utd

I agree. This transfer widow is very important. Maximum three buys (Benteke, Schneiderlin and Moreno) . Quality now is key. And get rid of the dross (Ade, Pauli, Kaboul, Capoue ). That would do for me.

Back