• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT - TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs. Leicester City ***

Leicester were very unlucky to lose that game. Hit the woodwork twice, brought out three top class saves from Lloris and had two nailed on penalties within two minutes of each other. Rose brought down a player and Vertonghen literally dragged down another. We played five minutes of football just after the goal. As usual, the tempo slowed, we started knocking the ball around in their half and our off the ball running stopped. Leicester were played back into the game by us. Stambouli, was he on the pitch? Lamela, back to his anonymous self. Over the next week, we need to up the anti big time!

stambouli wasnt on the pitch for the second half though was he?

We were ****. If we play like that against United, we will lose very, very badly. Their keeper is probably as good as (if not better than) our own hero. We've been lucky for huge portions of this season, but today we got the win via the most miraculous, unlikely method possible. We will not get THAT lucky again.

Yes, we won, and we received some welcome points considering the next two games. But we were very, very bad after the 30 minute mark. No shame in admitting that.

For fear of being called negative I would play without a striker in the next two matches, bring in Dembele and Capoue for some stability but then have Paulinho and Lamela attacking on the break from midfield with townsend and lennon offering the width.

Would be completely out there but could work and it is clear to me our first string is not fit enough to go again in a couple of days.

GG logic:

Man U - play ****e, take a few of their chances, pick up points - Top 4 certainties

Spurs - play ****e, take a few of their chances, pick up points - serious relegation fears

i'd say we weren't ****.

So, maybe our perspectives are different, perhaps what I define as ****, you view as acceptable. I just fail to take any positives out of the game bar our goals & our win... which by themselves, don't elevate us past being ****. But that's just by my standards.

GG logic:

Man U - play ****e, take a few of their chances, pick up points - Top 4 certainties

Spurs - play ****e, take a few of their chances, pick up points - serious relegation fears

A lot started going right for Leicester in the second half but our inability to make any inroads was really poor. How many shots on target did we have second half again?

So, maybe our perspectives are different, perhaps what I define as ****, you view as acceptable. I just fail to take any positives out of the game bar our goals & our win... which by themselves, don't elevate us past being ****. But that's just by my standards.

i dont think its a coincidence that we constantly edge out the smaller teams away from home.

We have played far better than that this season and lost. You can tell why Leicester are going down as their finishing was dreadful and their defence was careless. If we play that badly against Man Utd, we will be spanked. But...I sincerely hope we'll raise our game a bit more for them. Too many of our players looked as though they thought the three points were already in the bag today.

On the bright side - 3 straight league wins, 16 points from the last 7, into the top 6 (until Arsenal spank QPR at least), only two points off the top 4. Given that West Ham and Arsenal are playing each other on Sunday, and Southampton have Chelsea, a result against Man Utd will do wonders for us.

Looks like United had mostly a full team out bar Di Maria who pulled out injured. Will now be interesting to see how the respective squads cope with the intensity of the games coming thick and fast. I'd have loved to have seen Eriksen and Kane come off around the 60 minute mark but Kane got a 5 minute rest and that was it.

OK we were sh**e after 20 minutes but look at the silver lining guys...

A convincing win could/would have:

1. left complacency creep in before our two most difficult games this season

2. convinced Levy that no additions were needed in January

3. bamboozled us to believe that Mason - Bentaleb - Stambouli are good enough for the key midfield pivot of a top 4 team

4. reinforced the false dawn of Lamela's last game and goal

5. kept Danny Rose in the team

Something that needs to be considered when assessing our performances this season: week in, week out, we are playing against teams who have played far fewer games than us and who should therefore be far fresher.

Today was Leicester's 19th game of the season. It was our 29th game. In addition, our players will collectively have played more international games than theirs this season. Not to mention all the added travelling to Europa League and international games.

There's no way that all of that can fail to have an effect.

Even Chelsea (and Liverpool) have played two fewer games than us this season. No other PL team comes close.

In the circumstances, I'll take a scrappy three points.

Something that needs to be considered when assessing our performances this season: week in, week out, we are playing against teams who have played far fewer games than us and who should therefore be far fresher.

Today was Leicester's 19th game of the season. It was our 29th game. In addition, our players will collectively have played more international games than theirs this season. Not to mention all the added travelling to Europa League and international games.

There's no way that all of that can fail to have an effect.

Even Chelsea (and Liverpool) have played two fewer games than us this season. No other PL team comes close.

In the circumstances, I'll take a scrappy three points.

Come on!! That's a lame excuse, if I ever heard one.

Most of those games were EL and League Cup games where we played totally different teams

For fear of being called negative I would play without a striker in the next two matches, bring in Dembele and Capoue for some stability but then have Paulinho and Lamela attacking on the break from midfield with townsend and lennon offering the width.

Would be completely out there but could work and it is clear to me our first string is not fit enough to go again in a couple of days.

Never.
He is the biggest wage thief at the club IMO and a tosser to boot!

Was it definitely an Eriksen goal, that was scored? Or could it go down as an own goal? I didn't see the goal.

Back