• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT Tottenham Hotspur Vs Leicester City Replay (FA Cup)***

So yes, we won. But the most important question remains unanswered: Why the fudge didn't that clam Pochettino give Dier a rest?
He did. He played him as a CB against Leicester Hoof club. All he had to do was stand in one spot, take down the ball and pass it to a team mate when they hoofed it upfield.

What an evening. The atmosphere was superb, non stop singing for 90 mins. Best away support bar none.

I was very pleased with the performance, I thought everyone stepped up and gave a case for starting in the league. Wimmer really impressed me, he looked like he had been playing there all season and if Son hadn't got a goal and an assist, he would have been my MOTM.

I'm a Lamela fan but he didn't have a great game last night. Son is showing that he could replace him in the league so we will have to see. Personally, I'd give him the chance.

Last night showed that we should be finishing above Leicester based on squad depth. Our (mainly) second string played theirs off the park which is good to see.

I also don't get the obsession with resting our most in form players. Poch and his staff work with the players day in day out, they will know if players are tired. Good form comes with continuity too so keeping them in the team keeps their momentum going.

The fact that everyone is so split on this Lamela v Son debate proves the squad is what it should be. We should be able to swap players without a drop in the team performance, we are slowly getting there. I've loved the full back rotation for instance. If we can get to a similar stage with the three behind Kane it would be great. Really do hope to see Bentaleb and Mason properly challenging for the midfield slots.

Good performance that, he left out one or two more important players than I'd have liked (Kane and Lloris), but it still worked so great.

Think it definitely helped us playing away, Leicester seemed to freeze under the pressure of actually having to attack a bit and not just sit back. When they did push forward we looked dangerous on the break.

He did. He played him as a CB against Leicester Hoof club. All he had to do was stand in one spot, take down the ball and pass it to a team mate when they hoofed it upfield.

images

So yes, we won. But the most important question remains unanswered: Why the fudge didn't that clam Pochettino give Dier a rest?

As Kandi1977 said, the Leicester forward line did that.

On the other hand, if he had got injured ... dier [sic] consequences!

Last edited:
I called this wrong asking for Lloris to play. Vorm did well enough.

Yes he did, it seems that supporters ( some) think a back up keeper should be as good as the first choice. Over the years I have read/heard on sites that the likes of Cuddichi, Frediel, Vorm are brick but in all honesty they were not, truth is they are second choice keepers and should be viewed as that.

I generally don't like player A versus player B arguments because they tend to produce generalised arguments about each players' strengths and weaknesses.

You'll never stop that sort of thing with fans, I use to disagree with my dad about the merits of Dyson and Medwin

Just watched the game. I have only one thing to say: about fudgeing time. I mean, it's Leicester ffs! Can't believe they've had our number this past year. Time for the order of the universe to right itself!

Agree. For me, progressing to the the next round was great, but also getting the monkey (or fox) off our back was just as pleasing.

You lot are all too fuzzed about the commentary. I don't know the English commentators and who they support, and frankly don't care about it either. To me the commentary was just fine, and certainly not biased towards either side!

My bugbear from last night was the constant sucking-off of Gray and Chilwell. It was if Leciester are the first club in the history of football to have the courage to play a youngster.
Good knows what Pearce would have happened had that late shot from Gray gone in, could have been another Gary Neville-type climax (a-la-Torres in the CL), with Kevin Kilbane covered in it....

Last edited:
My bugbear from last night was the constant sucking-off of Gray and Chilwell. It was if Leciester are the first club in the history of football to have the courage to play a youngster.
Good knows what Pearce would have happened had that late shot from Gray gone in, could have been another Gary Neville-type climax (a-la-Torres in the CL), with Kevin Kilbane covered in it....
Maybe I had a different set of English commentators on my coverage, but on my coverage of the game the co-commentator said Chilwell was poor at the first goal. I believe this where the words - "He has to do better than that. He has to get closer to Son"

He's done a terrific job there with limited resources, who would have thought a team with Huth and Morgan as the centre of their defence could be where they are?
I beg to differ. They have just been unbelievably lucky. His previous job with Greece (losing twice to the Faroe Islands, among other things!) belies that. Leicester have been outplayed in most of their matches, but somehow managed to nick results. Exactly the opposite of us. As I said before, if we had just a quarter of their luck, we'd be several points clear at the top of the table.

You can tell I'm really fed up with this Leicester Cinderella story (maybe I wouldn't have been as much, if the results in our matches with them reflected who the better team was). :) They'll revert back to the norm soon enough.

It's a decent point to be fair. The first 45 minutes will have been the easiest Dier has had all season, I bet it felt almost as good as a rest.

Back