• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT Tottenham Hotspur Vs Leicester City Replay (FA Cup)***

Which bit? About him being injured or deserving a run in the side? Am I wrong though? He demonstrated quite clearly he offers more than Lamela in these tight games with teams sitting back. Lamela makes too many poor decisions - like when we were 3v2. And it's not the first time he has done that .
Strongly agree. Remember arguing a while back that Son should be in ahead of Lamela but got hammered for it at the time.

Hard to suppress the feeling with Son that there's much, MUCH more to come from him - if only he could get a decent run in the side.

Son all day, because he has great close control, whilst Lamela has the touch of a rapist. The Leicester defenders were loathe to tackle Son because of this. The camera work was a tinkle take. I reckon I missed at least five minutes of the game because of the brick direction.

lamela is an all round midfielder that son is not.
lamela tracks backs, tackles and leaves his foot in when necessary.
lamela is what we need now.

Given those comments, maybe think about changing your avatar?

Second thoughts don't bother, you got the right one in the first place but just don't know it.

What we need more of is attackers who can unlock defences, and Son demonstrated tonight he's some way ahead of Lamela in that department.

Meanwhile we already have plenty who can track back and put their foot in. Meantime Son is no slouch either.

Son all day, because he has great close control, whilst Lamela has the touch of a rapist. The Leicester defenders were loathe to tackle Son because of this. The camera work was a tinkle take. I reckon I missed at least five minutes of the game because of the brick direction.

Come on...Son had a great game but some of his first touches were not great. Squad game, both vital. Trust the manager!

Which bit? About him being injured or deserving a run in the side? Am I wrong though? He demonstrated quite clearly he offers more than Lamela in these tight games with teams sitting back. Lamela makes too many poor decisions - like when we were 3v2. And it's not the first time he has done that .

Harsh. Great assist record this season methinks, and the moment you're thinking of only happened because he pressed and harried and won the opportunity.

Sick of hearing the media banging on about a 'weakened' Leicester side. We had no Dembele, no Kane, no Toby, no Jan, no Lloris, no Rose...is it our fault that we actually have a fudgeing SQUAD that is all getting close to being on par? Second thoughts, let them bang on and not notice!!!!!!!!!

Why is everyone so hung up lately about what the media say? Who cares? I don't say that dismissively, I mean it sincerely. It doesn't even occur to me to be bothered by it.

If I have a favorite restaurant and a blogger or newspaper critic reviews it and says the food's too salty or not "authentic" enough or the portions are too small, what do I care? Does it affect my food or my experience? Am I worried what others will think about me and my tastes if they read the reviews which say the place is crap? Do I get outraged at the ignorance of the reviewer?

I get that pundit-bashing is a sport unto itself. Maybe that's just it.

Just watched the game. I have only one thing to say: about fudging time. I mean, it's Leicester ffs! Can't believe they've had our number this past year. Time for the order of the universe to right itself!

lamela is an all round midfielder that son is not.
lamela tracks backs, tackles and leaves his foot in when necessary.
lamela is what we need now.
It depends who were playing...

Against Sunderland the other day we could have comfortably played Son instead of Lamella as no defensive side was needed from a forward. Against a better side probably not

Lamella does track back and fight etc... But you don't pick an attacker on his defensive attributes. Lamella does more than though but I still think it comes down to scoring important goals which is something son has shown he is more capable of. He is also a contrast between the other attackers rather than being similar

Harsh. Great assist record this season methinks, and the moment you're thinking of only happened because he pressed and harried and won the opportunity.

No I'm not. I'm full of praise for the way Lamela won the ball and created the chance. However, he ballsed up the final ball. And it's not the first time he has done that. I can remember at least three other occasions. That can be crucial in tight games. Yesterday, apart from scoring a blinder, and providing a superb through ball, Son also set up gilt edge chances for Eriksen and Kane. In my opinion he offers more than Lamela in an attacking sense and deserves a run to see if he can prove it to you doubters ( much like I championed Dembele, when many on here wanted him gone).

Against Sunderland the other day we could have comfortably played Son instead of Lamella as no defensive side was needed from a forward. Against a better side probably not

Lamella does track back and fight etc... But you don't pick an attacker on his defensive attributes. Lamella does more than though but I still think it comes down to scoring important goals which is something son has shown he is more capable of. He is also a contrast between the other attackers rather than being similar

Exactly. Spot on.

It has to be a consideration when you set out to turn over the ball high up the pitch.

I generally don't like player A versus player B arguments because they tend to produce generalised arguments about each players' strengths and weaknesses.

I like both Son and Lamela and think that they both will have a roll to play in the remainder of the season. For me, Lamela shades it at the moment because I don't think that he is doing a lot wrong and Son's performances in the league have not been that inspiring but that could change and I am happy to see the decision made on form and fitness.

Son, Eriksen and Kane all made bad choices around the box at least once last night, so do we drop them all? Just enjoy the fact we have these players, I for one would not worry if any combo of those 3, chadli or Lamella started.

Quite amusing they think the commentary was biased against Leicester...

They do have a point on the goddamn 'narrative' editing sh*t. At one point clearly the commentary team and BBC producer were working together: endless sweeping shot of the crowd for several seconds (all while play was going on) while Pearce & Kilbane banged on and on about the f**king crowd.

Shut. The. F**up. Up. Stop this narrative cobblers and show the bloody match!!!
You lot are all too fuzzed about the commentary. I don't know the English commentators and who they support, and frankly don't care about it either. To me the commentary was just fine, and certainly not biased towards either side!

Back