• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT Tottenham Hotspur Vs Leicester City Replay (FA Cup)***

First chance I've had to post, but did anyone else think that the ref last night was tinkle poor and favouring them slightly? The number of little niggly fouls against our lads that he ignored, the times he waved play on when there was no advantage to be had and the failure to give Wasilewski a yellow for the foul on Kane in the second half had me constantly calling him an incompetent clam. It got worse with the number of niggly fouls that he gave them free kicks for and the dive from Chilwell.

+1 @paxtonwolf

The commentators were having a love in over Chilwell all night and it was getting a tad nauseating to say the least. Jonathan Pearce always seems to favour the opposition when commentating on Spurs games though, even his commentating on the highlight reels on MOTD are pretty anti Spurs. Quite happy to downplay what we do and remain up beat about the opposition. I can't bear listening to him commentate on our games.

Might just be me mind.

I beg to differ. They have just been unbelievably lucky. His previous job with Greece (losing twice to the Faroe Islands, among other things!) belies that. Leicester have been outplayed in most of their matches, but somehow managed to nick results. Exactly the opposite of us. As I said before, if we had just a quarter of their luck, we'd be several points clear at the top of the table.

You can tell I'm really fed up with this Leicester Cinderella story (maybe I wouldn't have been as much, if the results in our matches with them reflected who the better team was). :) They'll revert back to the norm soon enough.

What he did elsewhere is irrelevant, He has a team of journeymen who play a system which suits their ability, this is achieved by hard work. I not saying they are good to watch but they are doing well, the media always over react to anything new or out of the norm so their interest in Leicester should not be a surprise. As it's been said before on this site luck or the lack of it is the excuse of losers.

First chance I've had to post, but did anyone else think that the ref last night was tinkle poor and favouring them slightly? The number of little niggly fouls against our lads that he ignored, the times he waved play on when there was no advantage to be had and the failure to give Wasilewski a yellow for the foul on Kane in the second half had me constantly calling him an incompetent clam. It got worse with the number of niggly fouls that he gave them free kicks for and the dive from Chilwell.

+1 @paxtonwolf

The commentators were having a love in over Chilwell all night and it was getting a tad nauseating to say the least. Jonathan Pearce always seems to favour the opposition when commentating on Spurs games though, even his commentating on the highlight reels on MOTD are pretty anti Spurs. Quite happy to downplay what we do and remain up beat about the opposition. I can't bear listening to him commentate on our games.

Might just be me mind.
The ref was quite bad, I agree. I remember one challenge at the edge of our area where our player clearly won the ball and the Leicester player subsequently tripped over his foot and we got penalized and in a very dangerous area too.

What he did elsewhere is irrelevant, He has a team of journeymen who play a system which suits their ability, this is achieved by hard work. I not saying they are good to watch but they are doing well, the media always over react to anything new or out of the norm so their interest in Leicester should not be a surprise. As it's been said before on this site luck or the lack of it is the excuse of losers.
I wouldn't say what he did elsewhere is irrelevant. It's not like he has a track record of getting teams to play above their level and adapt to the players he has. So luck has something to do with it. In one half of a season, or in a cup run (see Chelski 2012, or Greece 2004), luck does play a role. In the entire history of a club I agree it doesn't and is an excuse.

I know people have mentioned BBC Camera shots before, but last night was fudging brick, and whoever is involved in this or oversees it, should be sacked.
The amount of overly long close ups on players on the pitch, or seeing that steptoe looking racist bully, Vardy on the bench, was poor.
On the plus side, I was sure that in the studio, post game, Jenas ended up talking over Ian Wri*ght at least twice, seemingly before he had finished his comments, which ticked me. I was sure Wrig^^t was screwing over it :D

I wouldn't say what he did elsewhere is irrelevant. It's not like he has a track record of getting teams to play above their level and adapt to the players he has. So luck has something to do with it. In one half of a season, or in a cup run (see Chelski 2012, or Greece 2004), luck does play a role. In the entire history of a club I agree it doesn't and is an excuse.

I think they will drop a lot now as they have been found out like Watford. They will pick up a few wins I'm sure but their lack of goals now isn't bad luck. It's predictability and the fact that their higher performing players are well know now. They rely a lot on Richochets and deflections and when they don't get them there dependant on Drinkwater who has been outstanding but he can't do it all on his own and Mahrez has faded massively

It was nice to beat Leicester for once and progress to the next round of the FA Cup. It was a sweet revenge for the previous league and Cup defeats by Leicester over the years. But it was a big gamble by Pochettino to rest so many players in a Cup replay ! It would have been unacceptable if we had failed to progress due to resting many regulars. Hope Pochettino will take the FA Cup more seriously as we had not won it since 1991 !

Credit to Son and Chadli for getting us the winning goals. It was a brilliant long range goal by Son. Wish we score more long range goals like this instead of trying to dribble the ball into the goal. Son also did well to assist the goal for Chadli. It was nice to see Chadli scoring after being without a goal for so long. And it was a well-taken goal by Chadli. It will help us greatly if Son and Chadli can keep this form in league matches. Too bad Kane couldn't score from the 2 chances he had after coming on.

Still not convinced of Carroll and Bentaleb in midfield but thought they did well. But they need to cut down on the mistakes if they want to break into our first 11. Bentaleb's misheader put our goal in danger and needed a good save from Vorm early in the second half. These are the mistakes that Carroll and Bentaleb need to overcome. Lamela worked hard again but thought he was not at his best. He should have done better with the pass to Eriksen in the second half but he had won the ball himself in the first place. He looked disappointed when being replaced by Kane so early in the second half. Hope it won't affect his form as he had been in great form until recently.

Glad to see our defence keeping the clean sheet despite resting our first choice defence of Lloris, Vertonghen and Alderweireld. Leicester were shyte but still our second choice defence of Vorm, Wimmer and Dier did well to protect our goal. Vorm was surprisingly free of errors and made a few good saves. But he needs to be more consistent if he wants to be a reliable goalkeeper.

It was satisfying to beat Leicester for the first time in 4 matches this season. It was even more sweet to progress to the next round of FA Cup. Hope we will take the FA Cup more seriously and go all the way to win it this season !

Not had chance to post in the last few days, been a busy boy, but wanted to give a quick message about the match on Wednesday night.

Firstly, our support was great. I was there, and we completely drowned out the foxes and their damn clapper things. Was superb. Our fans in full song, made the hairs on my neck stand on end.

Secondly, the match itself was fairly poor,to be honest, but Son's strike plus our path into the fourth round, made it a worth while evening.

And that's why we bloody rotate for the cup games (written after the Palace win)!

-Son did alright, at least gave us another option in attacking midfield having gotten back some match fitness from the cup games.
-Chadli back as an option from the bench and made a huge impact. Again match fitness gained from those cup games.
-Verts gets injured, we can call on Wimmer feeling quite confident that he will step in and do a good job with the 3 hours of football against Leicester recently.
-Looking open at 1-1, but accepting it. Getting the lead so we need to regain some solidity. Of course we can call on Bentaleb because he's also started to recover some match fitness thanks to those cup games.

After the 1-1 FA cup draw against Leicester I somewhat jokingly said that the result gave us a chance to give more game time to our squad players and that could be a benefit... Not that I'm in the habit of repeating myself or anything ;)

Back