• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

omt*** Tottenham Hotspur Vs Leeds United

Leeds is higher priority than Norwich. Throw the Norwich game if that's the new strategy.

We haven't won the FA cup for 20+ years.

ENIC have one trophy to show for 12+ years.

I wanna trophy, and I want it now

I want a very strong team out v Leeds

I wanna trophy, too! But we can still field a very strong team and give an opportunity for squad players to stake a claim for a starting berth.

Well, the Defoe injury story that cropped up earlier in the week, and was then dismissed when training pics appeared, may not be completely over.

Not gospel. See if he appears or not.

I was a bit suspicious about the lack of snow on the trees in the training pics. We will see tomorrow but I am a great believer in serendipity.

Originally Posted by ALtottenham_hotspur
my first ITK ever!!! my friend works at leeds & bradford airport Defoe wasnt on he flight!!!

This was posted in the ITK thread

GK - Brad
RB - Naughton
CB - Dawson
CB - Caulker
LB - BAE
RM - Lennon
CM - THudd
CM - Carroll
LM - Townsend
CF - Sig
ST - Dempsey

If Defoe is injured then thats the team i would like to see, if not then Play Dempsey behind Defoe and replace Sig with Carroll.

No Defoe =

-------------------------------Friedel-----------------------------------

Naughton-----------Dawson------------Caulker---------------Ekotto

Lennon-------------Parker-----------Huddlestone-------------Townsend

----------------------------Sigurdsson---------------------------------

-----------------------------Dempsey-----------------------------------

No Defoe =

-------------------------------Friedel-----------------------------------

Naughton-----------Dawson------------Caulker---------------Ekotto

Lennon-------------Parker-----------Huddlestone-------------Townsend

----------------------------Sigurdsson---------------------------------

-----------------------------Dempsey-----------------------------------

I agree, although I wouldn't mind Bale starting either in place of Lennon (Townsend on the right) or in place of Townsend.

Dempsey as a false number 9 :D

Edit: Neither Carroll or Townsend were involved for the u21s yesterday if I got it right, could indicate that they will at least be in the squad today.

I'm keen to see Siggy given 90 mins in his proper position.

I think the Dempsey-Siggy partnership could be interesting. We might have more of a fluid front 6, rather than the big gap between midfield and the forward that we've had whilst we've been playing 4-4-2.

I'm keen to see Siggy given 90 mins in his proper position.

I think the Dempsey-Siggy partnership could be interesting. We might have more of a fluid front 6, rather than the big gap between midfield and the forward that we've had whilst we've been playing 4-4-2.

I agree, might be interesting.

Also interesting to see how Dempsey does leading the line for us, AVB has been adamant all along that he's a forward/striker if we need him to be.

We used to be the most successfull club in FA Cup history. But it has been 22 years since we last won the FA Cup in 1991, during which time we lost 6 semi finals, annoyingly. Since then, ManU and Arsenal have overtaken us in the total of FA Cup won. It is time we get back our glory in the FA Cup by winning it after so long ! AVB did well to give our first win over ManU after so long. Hope he will help us win back the FA Cup as well !

Our record against Leeds has been topsy turvy in recent years. We once lost to them 6 consecutive times when they used to be a strong team in early 2000s. But since the fall of Leeds, we have had good results, winning 5 and drawing 2 in our last 7 matches against them. In fact, we beat them 3-0 away in FA Cup replay last season, Defoe scoring all goals.We need to continue that good record against them in this match. They have had good record at home recently but did lose 1-5 to Chelsea in the League Cup. So, there is no reason why we cannot win this match as long as we don't get complacent.

Due to injuries and all, our strength in depth is really limited now. So, we shouldn't rest too many players in this match. The only one I will consider resting is Dembele due to his injury problems and Lloris. Other than that, don't want to see any other changes, even if we play Norwich on Wednesday. I think Hudd can be a good cover for Dembele as he did well against ManU last week. Atfer all, would prefer Hudd over the error-prone Livermore in midfield. Wish we can rest Parker but with Sandro injured, not sure if we can afford to play without both. I think Bale needs to play as he has not been in good form after returning from suspension. A good performance in this match will go a long was in boosting his form. Hope Lennon will put up another good performance with Leeds being his old club.

Defoe did well to score hattrick against Leeds last season. Hope he will come back and get a goal or two in this match. He really needs to go on another goal scoring run. Hope Dempsey will continue his recent goal scoring form as well. Can see Sigurdson playing a part in this match. He badly needs to score to boost his confidence. This will be a good oportunity for him to get on the score sheet. Apart from those 3, hope others will score as well, especially Bale.

Won't mind if we start the same defence that started against ManU, apart from Friedel. I think Dawson and Caulker will need more time to gel as partners in defence and this will be a good match to do that. Don't think we should risk BAE as he has just returned from injury. Hopefully Walker and Naughton will be too good for the Leeds attack. Will be disappointed if we don't keep a clean sheet in this match.

Hope the players will have the same hunger for FA Cup glory as the fans. We have gone too long without winning the FA Cup. Hope we will put up a good performance and get an erection inducing win.

Any official team news yet ?

Hope Defoe is not injured like the rumours suggests. It is disappointing to note we badly lack goal scoring players in our squad now. Hope we will be able to find goals from somewhere and get the win. Won't mind if we don't play well as long as we win !

I wanna trophy, too! But we can still field a very strong team and give an opportunity for squad players to stake a claim for a starting berth.

Definitely agree. It's probably the case that some of the squad can come in and be well motivated and do as good a job as 'first team' players.

It's the priority angle that gets to me. I rate winning the FA Cup as highly as finishing fourth, in fact if I had a choice, I'd go for the Cup. But as you say no need to choose, we can do both. But that requires ENIC to stump up some cash for a striker and a mid, IMHO.

are they still dirty bastards?

They're managed by Neil Warnock, what do you think? :lol:

From reading their forum I think their team is INCREDIBLY slow and very susceptible to being undone by counter attacks. Better prepare for some late challenges.

Back