• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

omt*** Tottenham Hotspur Vs Leeds United

Was having a bad day. You've made it much worse.

you-think-this-is-a-game-cat.jpg

Last edited:
Oh wow - because the omt*** has been merged, I can't take any responsibility for any negative outcomes of the game. However, because the omt*** has been merged, I have to take all responsibility for all positive outcomes of the game. It's ok, we've had an excellent team environment around the place for a while, and I'm sure the lads will manage. Triffic effort from crawley there.

http://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co....r-barkley-denied-permission-to-play-1-5342790

Leeds United: v Tottenham Hotspur: Barkley denied permission to play

Published on Wednesday 23 January 2013 09:07

Ross Barkley has been denied permission to play in Leeds United’s FA Cup clash with Spurs – but the Elland Road club are not ruling out the possibility of fielding him.

The on-loan winger is set to miss Sunday’s tie, with Everton unwilling to see him cup-tied ahead of his scheduled return to Goodison Park next month.

But Everton play Bolton in the competition’s fourth round on Saturday afternoon and Neil Warnock said: “We’re looking into whether he could play if Everton lose.”

Friedel
Naughton, Dawson (c), Caulker, Assou-Ekotto
Parker, Huddlestone
Lennon, Sigurdsson, Bale
Obika

Walker and Vertonghen could use the rest
Fear we'll be too stationary in middle without Parker
Lennon and Bale are key to us dominating teams
Defoe will probably play, I wouldn't mind protecting our "only" striker from Leeds' thugs

Friedel
Naughton, Dawson (c), JV, Assou-Ekotto
Parker, Dembele
Lennon, Dempsey, Bale
Defoe

I don't see why JV needs a rest, he didn't play against Man U.

This will be a difficult game and I want AVB fielding a strong team.

I would like to see Obika on the bench and getting some game time to give Defoe a bit of a rest before the Norwich game, but I wouldn't chuck him im from the start.

DEFOE ON LEEDS "SPECIAL GAME"

A1639.jpg

Jermain Defoe needed little reminding of the last time we played at Elland Road.

Turn the clock back three years and we travelled to the famous home of Leeds United for a fourth round replay after drawing 2-2 at White Hart Lane.

An absorbing contest was finely balanced at 1-1 at half-time before Jermain went on to complete a hat-trick as we ran out 3-1 winners.

Now we face the same trip in the same round of the competition as Elland Road braces itself again for another potential FA Cup cracker on Sunday.

“I’ve always enjoyed playing at Elland Road, a fantastic, traditional stadium,” said Jermain. “It was an unbelievable atmosphere and to go there, win and score a hat-trick, I’ll never forget that.

“The first goal was a left-foot volley, but I sliced it a little and it went into the top corner.

“After that went in, I knew it might just be my night because sometimes you can slice a shot like that and it will fly over, but that one flew into the top corner. I remember thinking ‘I’ll take that!’.

“The second goal was a cross from David Bentley and I managed to get in front of the defender and finish and the third goal I went through from halfway, one-on-one, I went around him and I remember scoring and I stood there for ages.

“It was the best feeling – a hat-trick in the FA Cup against Leeds at Elland Road. That was brilliant.

“I love these games. It’s the FA Cup! It’s special. I always look forward to FA Cup games, home or away. It will be a big day and going to Leeds, that will be something special as well.”

Lawro's Prediction for Leeds United v Tottenham Hotspur (Sunday, 14:00 GMT)

A few months ago I would have looked at this game and thought that Tottenham might not fancy it too much but they are made of sterner stuff now, and have got some strong characters.

I don't know what team Spurs boss Andre Villas-Boas will pick, but if it includes Gareth Bale and Aaron Lennon then you would have to fancy them big style.

But Leeds have had some decent results in the Cup in the last couple of years, beating Manchester United at Old Trafford in 2010 and taking Arsenal to a replay last season, so I would back them to take this tie to White Hart Lane.

Lawro's prediction: Leeds United 1-1 Tottenham Hotspur (Tottenham to win the replay)

Bit controversial but I'd rest lennon and bale and start townsend wide right and sisggy wide left with Naughton and ekotto as full backs, and keep dempsey defoe up top with parker and hudds in the centre.

But I'm pretty sure we'll go the same team we had vs manure 'cept ekotto coming in at LB. AVB knows best!

Cant believe no one has posted the famous Mackay Vs Bremner photo in this thread yet? So thought I would colour it in

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1359059244526.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1359059244526.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 27
Leeds have only won the cup once in their history?! Thats insane! Would've guessed at least 5!!

Leeds had a nasty habit of bottling big matches.

If they had won all the Cup Finals & Title races they were involved in, they would have trebled their trophy haul.

DAWSON ON LEEDS:

Michael Dawson is preparing for another potential FA Cup fourth round cracker at Elland Road on Sunday, insisting: "We have to be ready - and I'm sure we will."

It’s three years since we faced Leeds United in the same round of the FA Cup.

On that occasion, Jermaine Beckford scored a last-minute penalty at White Hart Lane to take the tie to a replay where Jermain Defoe stole the show with a hat-trick to fire us to a 3-1 win at Elland Road.

Leeds are currently 11th in the Championship, just five points off the play-off places. They climbed into contention with a run of five wins in six before the festive period and beat Birmingham in a replay at St Andrew’s in the third round.

Home form, as expected, has been impressive with nine wins and just three defeats in 14 matches.

We travel to Elland Road for a 2pm kick-off on a run of one defeat in 14 in all competitions.

“Leeds is a great place to play football and I’m sure Elland Road will be rocking again on Sunday,” said Michael.

“It’s a special stadium and being a Yorkshire lad myself, I’ll have a lot of friends and family there - it’s like a home game for them! It’s a massive football club and one that wants to be back in the Premier League.

“Neil Warnock always gets his teams right up for matches, it will be a sell-out, the fans will be right behind them and the atmosphere will be brilliant. We have to be ready, and I’m sure we will be.

“Leeds have some top players, they are doing well in the Championship and this is a one-off game. If we’re not at the races, we’ll come unstuck.

“We have to be professional, do the job and try to get through to the next round.”

If we win or draw at Elland Road, the draw for the fifth round of the FA Cup takes place on ITV1 following the Oldham vs Liverpool match, at approximately 5.50pm.

Has Dawson looked at the Championship league table? Leeds doing well? They're 11th!! Hardly doing that well, are they?!

Back