• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

omt*** Tottenham Hotspur Vs Leeds United

Walker, Vertonghen, Bale, and Dembele can all rest for the Norwich game on Wednesday.

Just realised we are playing Norwich on Wednesday. Can see that match influencing our team lineup against Leeds. Just hope we won't rest too many players as Leeds seems to be in great form at home recently.

Wouldn't mind Townsend getting some game time, wasn't he on loan at Leeds for a bit once? Might put that extra bit of effort in to impress.

Just realised we are playing Norwich on Wednesday. Can see that match influencing our team lineup against Leeds. Just hope we won't rest too many players as Leeds seems to be in great form at home recently.

AVB rarely rests players, so I can see us putting out a similar, if not identical, team for both matches.

AVB rarely rests players, so I can see us putting out a similar, if not identical, team for both matches.

24 Friedel
16 Naughton
20 Dawson
32 Assou-Ekotto
33 Caulker
02 Dempsey
06 Huddlestone
08 Parker (Dembele - 80' )
11 Bale (Townsend - 70' )
22 Sigurdsson (Carroll - 79' )
10 Adebayor

FA Cup third round. How is that not resting players?

Lennon, Defoe, Sandro, Lloris, Dembele, Walker.

I'd go back further if i had a better memory for injuries..

Last edited:
24 Friedel
16 Naughton
20 Dawson
32 Assou-Ekotto
33 Caulker
02 Dempsey
06 Huddlestone
08 Parker (Dembele - 80' )
11 Bale (Townsend - 70' )
22 Sigurdsson (Carroll - 79' )
10 Adebayor

FA Cup third round. How is that not resting players?

Lennon, Defoe, Sandro, Lloris, Dembele, Walker.

I'd go back further if i had a better memory for injuries..

CARLISLE (FLC)

Cudicini
Adam Smith
Dawson
Caulker
Vertonghen (65 Walker)
Huddlestone
Mason (70 Carroll)
Townsend
Sigurdsson
Falque
Dempsey (75 Obika)

NORWICH (FLC)

Lloris
Walker (89 Defoe)
Dawson
Caulker
Naughton
Livermore (45 Huddlestone)
Carroll (79 Vertonghen)
Falque
Sigurdsson
Bale
Dempsey

Thanks Statto, but by 'injuries' I meant to players who were available.

It's all well and good claiming we played a rotation side, but if the players i claim were rotated were injured then it falls apart..

Wouldn't mind Townsend getting some game time, wasn't he on loan at Leeds for a bit once? Might put that extra bit of effort in to impress.

He was there for 6 months then went to Birmingham in january. They really hate him up there after something he wrote on twitter after the move.

resting players in the FA Cup :~

Strongest side available for me

Am fine with that if we think that it doesnt impact our line up for Norwich on Wed. League is higher priority than FA Cup.

Personally, I would use our squad and that means, for example:
- we have Walker, Naughton and BAE so dont see any need to play the same two on Sun and Wed
- same with CBs with Vertnghan, Caulker and Dawson

Am fine with that if we think that it doesnt impact our line up for Norwich on Wed. League is higher priority than FA Cup.

Personally, I would use our squad and that means, for example:
- we have Walker, Naughton and BAE so dont see any need to play the same two on Sun and Wed
- same with CBs with Vertnghan, Caulker and Dawson

This. It's also not just a case of resting our 'first team'. It's also about keeping our 'non-first team' match fit so they are ready to be used as subs or a replacement if the worst happens.

Leeds is higher priority than Norwich. Throw the Norwich game if that's the new strategy.

We haven't won the FA cup for 20+ years.

ENIC have one trophy to show for 12+ years.

I wanna trophy, and i want it now - STamps foot and throws toys out of pram

I want a very strong team out v Leeds

Well, the Defoe injury story that cropped up earlier in the week, and was then dismissed when training pics appeared, may not be completely over.

Not gospel. See if he appears or not.

Back