• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

omt*** Tottenham Hotspur Vs Leeds United

I agree with the guy that your quoting..
Friedal is 75% at fault for that goal.
Do you really thing Lloris would have given the striker that much time and space to pick out his spot to shoot? Lloris would have closed down the player and kept the target to a minimum.

Friedal fan boys are really starting to annoy me. I would actually say that Friedal should have deflected the second goal too by the way...

I don't know if you noticed, but there was another Leeds player in the area. Charging out of his goal might not have been the best idea. Had he done so and a pass was made for a goal you can be sure that people would have been saying that he shouldn't have charged out like that.

I trust that you, as a "Lloris fan boy", were equally critical of your hero when he failed to cover his near post against Man Utd?

I have never said that I was ever a Lloris fan boy. Im just a spurs fan. But im just being critical of a poor selection of Goalkeeper.
There is no need to rest a goalie when they do not tire.
Im just putting my opinion across, that I believe Lloris, would have minimised the target on goal to a minimum.

I have never said that I was ever a Lloris fan boy. Im just a spurs fan. But im just being critical of a poor selection of Goalkeeper.
Im just putting my opinion across, that I believe Lloris, would have minimised the target on goal to a minimum.

This would be true if the only reason to play Friedel today was to rest Lloris, that's not true though.

-Keeping your second choice keeper somewhat match fit can be important if your first choice keeper picks up an injury or gets suspended.
-Keeping your second choice keeper happy by playing him once in a while might allow you to keep a better second choice keeper around and happy instead of having to resort to having a purely backup goalie (see Chelsea and Liverpool). Again, having a better second choice goalie around could be useful later in the season.

If you don't like being described as a "Lloris fan boy", it would probably be best if you didn't barrel your way into a discussion by describing other Spurs fans as "Friedel fan boys". You think?

Not exactly the best way to introduce yourself to the board.

I hope all the people who thought Brad was about as good/on the same level as Hugo have seen their mistake by now. :)

Hugo is far superior.

We can't play the high line with Brad, but hopefully this is the last time he ever plays for us.

But there were many other problems today, and I'm afraid we don't have the squad to win a trophy and finish top 4 ATM.

ENIC need to spend or it will be 13 years and one Lge Cup in the trophy cabinet. Not. Good. Enough.

I hope all the people who thought Brad was about as good/on the same level as Hugo have seen their mistake by now. :)

Hugo is far superior.

We can't play the high line with Brad, but hopefully this is the last time he ever plays for us.

But there were many other problems today, and I'm afraid we don't have the squad to win a trophy and finish top 4 ATM.

ENIC need to spend or it will be 13 years and one Lge Cup in the trophy cabinet. Not. Good. Enough.

That's a bit much.

Not really at direct fault for any of the two goals against us and you want him to never play for us again?

You know that your idol is at risk of injury at times? Probably more than most keepers the way he comes out and barrels into people.

He could have played up top on his own, power, pace and a very good finisher, best in Europe for 3 years.

I was at Leeds in 71, when they were one of the top teams in the country. Him and Pat both put in awesome performances as we won 2-1. Trouble was it helped Arsenal win the double.

Well hopefully you're right and he's just bluffing.

As stated a bunch of times mate, not bluffing more than keeping the integrity of the club by staying quiet...I thought he looked furious in his post-match interview and was doing a fine job of staying calm and vague.

Hugo is far superior.

Tbh we have just lost a tricky away cup tie when we have not played well, I personally don't blame Brad for either goal, both the goals were the result of playing the high line and getting caught in the first instance by ball watching and the second by a ball over the top, the players involved were Naughton and Caulker (both young) and both goals were against the run of play, as long as we learn from this it is not a disaster, we are on an upward trend and it will take time to implement AVB's ideas so we must keep the faith.

Hugo is far superior.

1. What's your position on Hugo conceding the near post goal against Utd last week?

2. Taking the club from perennial mid table mediocrity / occasional relegation fights to a team that regularly finishes top 4/5 not good enough? Despite the fact that the club has faced a mountain to climb against the far superior finances of a bunch of clubs that were stuck in a virtuous Champions League circle and against two clubs that won the oil lottery?

1. What's your position on Hugo conceding the near post goal against Utd last week?

Sticking my nose in here, I said last week that RVP's header was excellent simply because 9 times out of 10, that header is going back across the goal/keeper and into the keeper's left-hand corner. I think had Lloris been any tighter to the near post, RVP would've done him far side. Basically it was the calibre of striker making it look so easy IMO.

Today, I really cannot fault Brad for either goal and wouldn't even try.

Sticking my nose in here, I said last week that RVP's header was excellent simply because 9 times out of 10, that header is going back across the goal/keeper and into the keeper's left-hand corner. I think had Lloris been any tighter to the near post, RVP would've done him far side. Basically it was the calibre of striker making it look so easy IMO.

Today, I really cannot fault Brad for either goal and wouldn't even try.
Personally I really do feel he should have come out and at least given the player something to think about. Yes he had a man square but had he been beaten that way no body would fault the keeper. Made some good stops otherwise as our calamitous back line just let the world class Leeds strike force through.

Love Vertonghen and Caulker but both need to make sure they work dam hard to never let there performance level dip to that again

Personally I really do feel he should have come out and at least given the player something to think about. Yes he had a man square but had he been beaten that way no body would fault the keeper. Made some good stops otherwise as our calamitous back line just let the world class Leeds strike force through.

Love Vertonghen and Caulker but both need to make sure they work dam hard to never let there performance level dip to that again

Neither looked up for, or to, it today.
Verts got away with it largely because he is quality. Caulker was awful but he's young and will survive.

I thought Leeds deserved it today-some great stuff from Gareth but absolutely zero creativity from anyone else. I was surprised Hudd was subbed-I would have taken Parker off and fudge Brown.
I hate playing teams that wear white-I had a distinct deja vu moment at the start when Brown led out the Leeds side.

haha A lot of the discussions seem to revolve around two or three topics and they always seem to find their way into unrelated threads. I mean what the fudge has Friedel v Lloris got to do with our loss today? Its all so hypothetical all hypothetical bull brick. Yet people are getting their panties in a twist.

A poor performance (not as bad as others earlier this season) and like I have said this before this performance highlights our lack of quality in our squad.

Didn't even feel upset about this defeat. We relied too much on luck than quality and this is what we get as a result. As soon as I saw the team lineup, knew we would lose. This must be the first time ever we started a match without any out-and-out striker. With Defoe injured and only Dempsey coming close to being a striker, it was always going to be difficult for us to win this match. Our lack of proven goal scorers has ultimately cost us this match. You have to blame this on Levy for not signing any new striker until now.

Dempsey did well to get a goal but he wasted far too many chances while Bale and Lennon didn't even come close to scoring. Other than these 3, there was absoultely no one who could get us the goal. Obika wasted a golden chance to equalise but you cannot blame him as he is too inexperienced. Really disappointed with Lennon. Thought he will be all fired up against his old team but he didn't contribute anything to us at all. Bale tried hard but his finishing was very poor in this match. He should have done better with the one-on-one chance in the 1st half.

Our midfield was a big let down. Despite Parker's hard work, I think Leeds won the midfield battle. This was a great chance for both Hudd and Sigurdson to show what they can do but they failed miserably. Won't be surpised if both don't get to start any Spurs match after this. Was hoping Dembele will come on and lift us but he didn't even do anything of note. In fact, we didn't even look like scoring after he came on.

Main reason for this defeat was our poor defence. I think the entire defence was shyte in this match, including Vertonghen. Caulker and Friedel should take all the blame for their crucial 2nd goal. Have never been impressed with Caulker but he was really error-prone in this match. He should have done better with the covering for their 2nd goal. Thought Friedel was too slow to react for that shot as well. Really annoyed the way Leeds had all the time in the world to score both the goals.

Now, you have to wonder if we will ever win the FA Cup again ! After dominating the FA Cup once, we have now gone without winning it since 1991. It seems we will need more quality and some miracle to win it again.

I thought Leeds deserved it today-some great stuff from Gareth but absolutely zero creativity from anyone else. I was surprised Hudd was subbed-I would have taken Parker off and fudge Brown.
I hate playing teams that wear white-I had a distinct deja vu moment at the start when Brown led out the Leeds side.

Special mention to Brown. It is really amazing to see him still playing after all those years. It is 7 years since he played for us and he is 36 now. Yet he embarassed and annoyed Parker a few times with his tackles.

Just re-watched the highlights - GHod knows why - but noticed the long shot Leeds had at the end (when Brad was still up in their box) went in.

Am I right in thinking the ref blew for full time after the shot, but before the ball crossed the line. Harsh on the Leeds player!

Back