• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

omt*** Tottenham Hotspur Vs Leeds United

Just re-watched the highlights - GHod knows why - but noticed the long shot Leeds had at the end (when Brad was still up in their box) went in.

Am I right in thinking the ref blew for full time after the shot, but before the ball crossed the line. Harsh on the Leeds player!

And harsh on anyone who had a 3-1 win bet on Leeds.

Tbh we have just lost a tricky away cup tie when we have not played well, I personally don't blame Brad for either goal, both the goals were the result of playing the high line and getting caught in the first instance by ball watching and the second by a ball over the top, the players involved were Naughton and Caulker (both young) and both goals were against the run of play, as long as we learn from this it is not a disaster, we are on an upward trend and it will take time to implement AVB's ideas so we must keep the faith.

I partly blame Brad for both, because Hugo would have been off his line giving a different dynamic to both situations. Brad is simply not up to it these days, Hugo's probably the best keeper in the country, certainly one of them. It's no contest.

But yes, other defenders were at fault too.

To think some people actually think Caulker is better than Dawson, that's as off beam as thinking Brad is at a level with Hugo.

To think AVB was actually going to sell Dawson that was way more stupid than anything he did to Hugo, and some of that wasn't clever.

What a mess we'd be in now without Daws.

He could have played up top on his own, power, pace and a very good finisher, best in Europe for 3 years.
He was a top player, but not as good as Muller. He was easily the top striker in Europe for about 5/6 years all during Chivers prime. In fact after Pele's demise around 71, Muller was the best striker in the world for a few years.

I'v never seen a goalscorer like him. I've seen better players, like Pele and Messi, but as an out and out goalscorer he was unbelievable. Better even than my namesake Greavesie.

And harsh on anyone who had a 3-1 win bet on Leeds.

i actually left the ground assuming we had lost 3-1 (watched the final couple of minutes on the tv in the bar within the stand)as we saw the player hit the shot and trickle over the line. weren't until we was at Watford Gap that i realized it finished 2-1!

I partly blame Brad for both, because Hugo would have been off his line giving a different dynamic to both situations. Brad is simply not up to it these days, Hugo's probably the best keeper in the country, certainly one of them. It's no contest.

But yes, other defenders were at fault too.

To think some people actually think Caulker is better than Dawson, that's as off beam as thinking Brad is at a level with Hugo.

To think AVB was actually going to sell Dawson that was way more stupid than anything he did to Hugo, and some of that wasn't clever.

What a mess we'd be in now without Daws.

You're obviously quite old as you have said you attended matches in 71 but when it comes to Lloris you come across like a 12 year old girl with a crush

You're obviously quite old as you have said you attended matches in 71 but when it comes to Lloris you come across like a 12 year old girl with a crush

I am very old and I think already that Lloris is the best keeper we have had since Clemence, upon saying this I don't think him and Sandro would have made the result at Leeds any different, we need to score goals in the first twenty minutes when normally we are bossing the game to put our opponents under pressure and make them come out at us.

I tell you what......a comment like that points to you being very young. Show some respect for your elders :lol:

Bloody whipper-snappers

I am very old and I think already that Lloris is the best keeper we have had since Clemence, upon saying this I don't think him and Sandro would have made the result at Leeds any different, we need to score goals in the first twenty minutes when normally we are bossing the game to put our opponents under pressure and make them come out at us.

Are you older than me?

Since CAS left the board, I thought I wore the crown 8)

1952, but I am look bloody good on it, ( so I am told ). :ross:

:eek:

You've no idea how much better you've made me feel.

I was the glorious year of 61. Sadly the old folks had left it a bit too late and the double was already won by the time I popped out :(

:eek:

You've no idea how much better you've made me feel.

I was the glorious year of 61. Sadly the old folks had left it a bit too late and the double was already won by the time I popped out :(

I was in the crowd on Tottenham High road and saw the double bus parade, I saw quite a few of the home games that season, Jones,Dyson and Medwin stay in the memory they were flyers, I also remember the visiting supporters, great interaction with ours and a marvellous atmosphere, we were everyones favourite side.

I'll just say I won't see 60 again, and have seen all our great players from the Double team and onwards.

I'm sure Hugo would have made la difference at Leeds, and am an unashamed fan boy.

When some of the young 'uns get older they might find out not us all senior citizens grow old gracefully. I'm as capable of crazy behaviour, crushes and lunacy every bit as much as when I was twelve or twenty. In fact I'm probably getting worse as dementia lurks round the corner.

As Dylan Thomas wrote

Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rage at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

He also wrote 'And death shall have no dominion.'

He could write that boyo.

Last edited:
I also remember the visiting supporters, great interaction with ours and a marvellous atmosphere, we were everyones favourite side.

What was the atmosphere at grounds like in the 60s? In the 70s the skinhead movement was huge, and I remember being fairly scared the first few "First division" games I went to. Definitely a case of "looking at the ground " and trying to avoid the "oi what are you staring at?". Was violence always part of the scene or did it evolve in the 60s/70s?

I also remember the visiting supporters, great interaction with ours and a marvellous atmosphere, we were everyones favourite side.

What was the atmosphere at grounds like in the 60s? In the 70s the skinhead movement was huge, and I remember being fairly scared the first few "First division" games I went to. Definitely a case of "looking at the ground " and trying to avoid the "oi what are you staring at?". Was violence always part of the scene or did it evolve in the 60s/70s?

I witnessed my first bit of trouble in about 69, and on my virst trip to Highbury in 71. But my old dad told me there were fights between us and Arse as far back as the early 50s, and I remember reading an old article once from the 20s or 30s where Spurs and Arsenal fans had a mini riot.

Got bad in the late sixties, there was always an edge when we played the gooners but it was mainly all mouth nothing else, West Ham were always a pain in the arse but were very fast runners :lol: generally the atmosphere was good, everyone had a wooden rattle and scarf, did not matter what end you went in and the kids used to be passed over the heads to the front by home supporters or away.

The streak continues. I hope you are all in awe at my ability to directly influence our progress into the champions league next season, by lightening a heavy fixture load, allowing us to focus on what's really important.

Back