• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

omt*** Tottenham Hotspur Vs Leeds United

I agree, they wanted it more and we were way below our best.

Once again a problem of mentality when facing teams that are seen as smaller/worse than us. The difference in mentality between this performance and the United one is just too big. There will always be a difference, but AVB must find some way to get the players up to a higher level in games like these. The players need to shoulder a lot of the blame of course, they're the ones out there on the pitch.

We started Friedel, Vertonghen. Parker and Dempsey. All experienced players, several of them have captained various sides in the past, players that you'd think would take some responsibility. Yet we weren't able to put real pressure on Leeds until way into the second half.

This is worrying, not so much because we're out of the FA-cup, but because it's a systematic problem that has been a problem for many years and a problem that AVB so far hasn't been able to sort out at all. I don't have the answer to what needs to be done, but I hope AVB has some kind of plan for this kind of thing.

Parker took too much responsibly.
Completely abandoned his defensive duties and went into headless chicken wannabe steven gerrard mode.
Vertonghen has not come to England to play in the FA Cup it seems.

Bale had a good game.
I sometimes dont know what you people want from the lad?

He's was OK. He's capable of much more than he showed today, but I thought he overplayed it too often. Sometimes a simple lay off is the correct pass but he choose to hog possession too much for my liking.

Contrary to the belief of some I think AVB actually wants Negredo and he's not going anywhere until Sevilla have extracted every last penny from the buying club. Add to that our previous encounters with them.
Well I would imagine it won't happen then two clubs as hardball as each other in transfer dealings.

We really fudged up last january by not strengthening and it cost us, I fear the exact same will happen again...

Im starting to honestly doubt Levy's ambition for the club

I think we were a bit arrogant with how we played , even after their first goal there wasnt much of a reaction at all- players like Bale and Hudd especially. Caulker for the 2nd goal looked really clumsy and shaky and Verts performance was dreadful, easily his worst for us. How people are singling out Friedel instead makes no sense at all as he made class saves.

Lets hope its a once off and we get one or two in on deadline day.

This, 100%

Cup upsets happen.
They wanted it more than, time to pick ourselves up, dust off and learn from it.

It's what makes football so great, if the big teams were always better than the lower team football would be boring (or like tennis!)

Caulker was poor again, and I'm not unhappy about that. He needs mistakes to learn from.
I also think people have gotten ahead of themselves with caulker. He has potential, but isn't Judas or ledley yet. Time will tell if he is lower prem, mid table or top class.

Completely abandoned his defensive duties and went into headless chicken wannabe steven gerrard mode.

Do you know what is role in the team was today? Were you privy to AVB's instructions? Because from what I saw Huddlestone was the "sitter" in front of the defence and Parker was clearly meant to be doing the "Essien" role.

Agreed

Can't doubt levy round here tho it's blasphemous

Im a massive massive fan of his, think he is fantastic, but sometimes I just think, really, go and prove you want us to play with the big boys, speculate to accumulate

We really fudged up last january by not strengthening and it cost us, I fear the exact same will happen again...

we did strengthen...Nelsen and Saha 8-[

Not releasing the ball quickly isn't the same as taking responsibility.

We had to push forward in the second half, that's fine by me. Parker tried, I'll give him credit for that, but as much as he tried he didn't succeed very often. He look average up against Brown... I also expect a bit of leadership from Parker, to try to get the other lads going. It might that they just didn't respond, but overall we didn't perform today and for me it's then natural to look at our more experienced players.

Verthongen has adjusted remarkably well to football in England, he's allowed an off day by my standards at least.

It's a fine line and I think it's the same one the scum down the road have been treading too. We're financially sound, very well run club. But that is because we also don't take risks in the transfer market. If we don't take risks in the transfer market, will we always only ever be a nearly club?

Im a massive massive fan of his, think he is fantastic, but sometimes I just think, really, go and prove you want us to play with the big boys, speculate to accumulate

Honestly I'm with you on this but the seeds of doubt are starting to creep in.

He's happy enough for us stay top 5 or 6 until the stadium is done.
We are not gonna make any gambles in the transfer market.
Safe conservative buys, no more than 15m on a player as usual.

He's probably right even though there is an opportunity in the league now for us to step and become a regular top 4 club.

I'm so angry I had to request my password for this place again !! What type of performance was that ? We're we trying the false 9 formation out ? What a joke . 16 mill on Bent when we didn't need him , and now this season is starting to look a lot like last season , going in to the business end with no Quality Strikers . Hats off to AVB , he's bled the team dry to get us where we are , sort it out Levy

This, 100%

Cup upsets happen.
They wanted it more than, time to pick ourselves up, dust off and learn from it.

It's what makes football so great, if the big teams were always better than the lower team football would be boring (or like tennis!)

Caulker was poor again, and I'm not unhappy about that. He needs mistakes to learn from.
I also think people have gotten ahead of themselves with caulker. He has potential, but isn't Judas or ledley yet. Time will tell if he is lower prem, mid table or top class.

Excellent post, on all points.

It's a fine line and I think it's the same one the scum down the road have been treading too. We're financially sound, very well run club. But that is because we also don't take risks in the transfer market. If we don't take risks in the transfer market, will we always only ever be a nearly club?
As fans it's hard to stomach always being the nearly club tho .
Oh we'll thick and thin

we did strengthen...Nelsen and Saha 8-[

You can understand why we did it now too. Saha or Obika today, and it's really no contest. If we had Saha now our squad would be stronger.

To be fair though I don't think AVB really envisioned us playing with two up top, or even a 4-4-1-1. So that would explain why he isn't interested in another striker. If you only play one up top, then you only need three in the squad who can play that role and we have Ade, Defoe and Dempsey. It's a midfielder AVB needs for his plan to work.

I felt for Obika at the end , but that's the difference between us and top 2 , that chance fell to RVP the other week against West Ham and he buried it . Crying out for a class striker I'm sick of it now

You can understand why we did it now too. Saha or Obika today, and it's really no contest. If we had Saha now our squad would be stronger.

To be fair though I don't think AVB really envisioned us playing with two up top, or even a 4-4-1-1. So that would explain why he isn't interested in another striker. If you only play one up top, then you only need three in the squad who can play that role and we have Ade, Defoe and Dempsey. It's a midfielder AVB needs for his plan to work.

This time last season we had Ade, Defoe and Saha. Now we have Ade, Defoe and Dempsey.
You cant compare Obika and Saha. You should be comparing Saha (released by sunderland) and Dempsey (5 goals in 5 games).

Back