• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT*** Tottenham Hotspur vs Fulham

Really undecided on this one- head says draw heart says thumping win.

Really depends on which Tottenham turns up. It's easy for the players to get motivated to play United especially after the Emirates Marketing Project mauling. But will we see the same intensity against weaker opponents who are likely to get men behind the ball.

Also will we see the same intensity if Andre changes the team around to keep players fresh? On FM I'm a total tinkerer happy to rotate my big spurs squad but real football does not play out like FM.

What we need is the same team same intensity to properly kick start our season but with the gmes coming thick and fast it's inevitable that we'll get inconsistent performances as Andre finds the right blend for each game.

That's the beauty of football in this country each week brings another different challenge. This game it's the impact of a new manager for Fulham which might be a big deciding factor.

Personally I wouldnt like to see us making no more than 2 changes from Sundays team, or maybe even none. Lets try and build up some form of consistency in the League starting X1 at least. Perhaps thats what we have been missing? How many times this season have we played the same X1 for 2 consecutive League matches?
Same applies to the Sunderland match too, and then a completely different X1 for the Angie match

A shame that Jol left before he could give us another 3pts as a parting gift but hopefully there's no dead cat bounce / honeymoon period for Fulham' eccentric new manager, as anything less than a win tomorrow would be highly disappointing. Agree with previous posters that Lamela should come in for Paulinho and Siggy for Chadli.

The FourFourTwo Preview: Fulham vs Tottenham | FourFourTwo

• Fulham have scored just three goals in their last nine Premier League meetings with Tottenham.
  • Fulham have lost eight of their previous 10 home games, and with just one win at Craven Cottage this season, have the joint-worst home record along with Crystal Palace (W1 D1 L4).
  • Only Arsenal have a higher points-per-game average than Spurs on the road this season (1.67), despite being thrashed 6-0 in their last away match.
  • Only Crystal Palace, Norwich and Sunderland have managed fewer away goals than Spurs this season.
  • Tottenham have scored first in six of their last eight trips to bottom-six clubs.

Personally I wouldnt like to see us making no more than 2 changes from Sundays team, or maybe even none. Lets try and build up some form of consistency in the League starting X1 at least. Perhaps thats what we have been missing? How many times this season have we played the same X1 for 2 consecutive League matches?
Same applies to the Sunderland match too, and then a completely different X1 for the Angie match

I absolutely see where you are coming from. But Sandro, Dembele and Paulinho and safety first Lennon and Chadli against Fulham?

Don't break up the Sandro-Dembele partnership. It works.

Other than that, rotate as necessary.

---------------------------Lloris---------------------------

Walker----------Daws--------------Chiriches---------Verts

-----------------Dembele---------Sandro----------------

Lennon--------------------Lamela-------------------Chadli

-------------------------Soldado------------------------

Subs: Friedel, Kaboul, Naughton, Capoue, Holtby, Townsend, Defoe

This run ends here. AVB's talked the talk. Now he needs to f*cking walk the walk. Player after player has endorsed him, saying that they believe in him. Now it's time for him to believe in them. Send them out there and let them play, Andre. Give them the freedom to create, to do the unexpected, to play the beautiful game the way it should be played. Let's annihilate these c*nts (sorry, Fulham). COME THE **** OOON!

17-0 Fulham, Neil Ashton and Martin Samuel with eight each and Alan Sugar with the last one, followed by AVB being giving a good hard lovin' by the three of them in the shower room while Allardyce yells 'take it on the chin!' in delight.

17-0 Fulham, Neil Ashton and Martin Samuel with eight each and Alan Sugar with the last one, followed by AVB being giving a good hard lovin' by the three of them in the shower room while Allardyce yells 'take it on the chin!' in delight.[/QUOTE]

Possibly the greatest post this forum, or any other has ever seen. I am in awe.

17-0 Fulham, Neil Ashton and Martin Samuel with eight each and Alan Sugar with the last one, followed by AVB being giving a good hard lovin' by the three of them in the shower room while Allardyce yells 'take it on the chin!' in delight.

Possibly the greatest post this forum, or any other has ever seen. I am in awe.

samuels460.jpg

Alan-Sugar.jpg

article-2239716-11DCEB4A000005DC-958_196x258.jpg

Sam-Allardyce-during-his-press-conference-after-a-fall-at-Aintree-1813351.jpg

"Alright, Andre...let's be 'avin some of that vertical penetration!"

andre-villas-boas-2011-4-13-12-30-52.jpg

Don't break up the Sandro-Dembele partnership. It works.

Other than that, rotate as necessary.

---------------------------Lloris---------------------------

Walker----------Daws--------------Chiriches---------Verts

-----------------Dembele---------Sandro----------------

Lennon--------------------Lamela-------------------Chadli

-------------------------Soldado------------------------

Subs: Friedel, Kaboul, Naughton, Capoue, Holtby, Townsend, Defoe

Can't see him dropping Paulie from the squad, and he had his best game in a while against United in a more advanced role. And knowing how much Andre loves him I think he'll start in the same role again. Would like to see Lamela involved at some stage, perhaps Townsend on the left and Lamela on the right.

Andre Villas-Boas reports that Emmanuel Adebayor is out of tomorrow's Premier League clash at Fulham.

The striker is sidelined with a knee injury.

“We’ve had a setback with Ade who picked up a knee injury in yesterday’s training session,” explained Andre after training on Tuesday. “He’s the only player who will join the injury list.”

That injury list consists of Danny Rose (foot), Christian Eriksen (ankle) and Harry Kane (back)

Andre Villas-Boas reports that Emmanuel Adebayor is out of tomorrow's Premier League clash at Fulham.

The striker is sidelined with a knee injury.

“We’ve had a setback with Ade who picked up a knee injury in yesterday’s training session,” explained Andre after training on Tuesday. “He’s the only player who will join the injury list.”

That injury list consists of Danny Rose (foot), Christian Eriksen (ankle) and Harry Kane (back)

Who would have thought it. Frankly this is getting ridiculous now.

Lloris

Walker Dawson Vlad Verts

Sandro Dembele

Lennon Paulinho Townsend

Soldado​

I think this is what we'll see, save perhaps Siggy rather than Townsend to start with.
I never thought I'd say this about Fulham away at such an early point in the season, but this is a big game. The teams around us have very winnable matches tonight, and if we drop points we start to fall behind the likes of Liverpool and United with whom we will be battling for 4th. A win, no matter how close and unconvincing, will set us up nicely for the next few games. COYS.

Who would have thought it. Frankly this is getting ridiculous now.

I know you probably meant the bit about Adebayor, but so is this bit

How long has this been now?

----------------- Lloris -----------------

-- Walker -- Dawson -- Vlad ---- Verts ---

---------- Sandro --- Dembele ------------

--------------- Paulinho ------------------

----- Lennon -- Soldado --- Lamela ---------

Would be my team, although it's probably likely AVB plays Siggy instead of Lamela.

Big game, we need 3 points, I'm backing 2-0 win.

COYS

Ade seems to get a different " injury" every week :-k

Rosé could have grown 6 new toes by now. :eek:

Big shout out to our medical dept - yet again :(

Ade seems to get a different " injury" every week :-k

Rosé could have grown 6 new toes by now. :eek:

Big shout out to our medical dept - yet again :(

Re: Ade Jan transfer window cant come soon enough now. Get him off the wage bill
Re: Rose Jan transfer window cant come soon enough. We need an additonal left-back, so we can get Verts back in the centre. Would love Shaw, but Soton will be asking too much. Coentrao I think will end up at Chelsea before Spurs. Where's Nicky Shorey when you need him :)

Re: Ade Jan transfer window cant come soon enough now. Get him off the wage bill
Re: Rose Jan transfer window cant come soon enough. We need an additonal left-back, so we can get Verts back in the centre. Would love Shaw, but Soton will be asking too much. Coentrao I think will end up at Chelsea before Spurs. Where's Nicky Shorey when you need him :)

This and this.

Back