• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT*** Tottenham Hotspur vs Fulham

Crucial match tonight and I think the lads will respond well after the confident performance against Utd. A dominant win will set us up for a good run through to January, any other result will be a disaster tbh.

My line up for this one:

Lloris. // Walker Daws Vlad Verts // Sandro Dembele Paulinho // Lennon(R) Townsend // Soldado in a 4-2-3-1 which can turn into a 4-3-3. Hope Dembele and Paulinho can replicate Sunday's performance and Soldado to score a couple, he needs to get that breakout game out of his pocket, he is a very classy forward - he should get a couple easy ones (not penalties) to boost his morale up. Townsend to start on the left with Paulinho given just 45 minutes before he can be replaced by Lamela or Holtby.
I would keep the same system, seems to get our offense involved at all times and I hope we can finally start to enjoy some quality football with EL (which seems to be a major distraction) out of the way for now.

Excited for the game. COYS!!!!

Fulham have conceded the most and taken the fewest number of shots on goal amongst the clubs of Europe's top five leagues.

Over 13 Premier League matches Fulham have conceded 260 shots on goal at an average 20 shots per game.

The Cottagers have also taken an average of just 8.2 shots per match in what has been a disappointing start to the new domestic campaign.

Manager Martin Jol was fired after Saturday's 3-0 defeat away to fellow strugglers West Ham United, a result that left Fulham 18th-placed in the Premier League table.

Former Manchester United coach Rene Meulensteen, who was appointed head coach under Jol in November, has taken over first-team responsibilities.

No other team from the leagues of Italy, France, Spain and Germany have a worse record than Fulham's.

http://www.sportsdirectnews.com/premier-league-news/36718-fulham-the-worst-team-in-europe.php

:~

They seem to always give us a tough game at Craven Cottage, so no ****ing about here. I'd go...

-----------Lloris---------
Walker--Vlad-Daws--Vert
---Dembele--Sandro-----
Lennon---Lamela---Chadli
-----------Soldado---------

One of the things I noticed about the United match was how far forward Paulinho was, at times in front of the striker, Soldado. As much as I love him as a footballer, I like him much more as a late-arriving, slightly deeper-lying central midfielder (a la Lampard) than a #10 who will be that close to our striker. I think we need a more creative player up there in that #10 role, and I think Lamela will really be able to exploit the space in between the lines, especially w/ a player like Chadli who can drift inside. Paulinho has been basically an ever-present for club and country this season, and I think this is the kind of game where we can and should rotate him.

I think that we need to take the game to Fulham, who will likely sit back, and I worry that a central midfield of Sandro, Paulinho, and Dembele isn't going to be creative enough to break them down, and that we might be frustrated.

a team we should be beating, on paper, and are very poor. In true Spurs tradition, thats a Fulham win! With the players wanting to play for their new manager, im not expecting much from this game.

Adebayor reminds me of a girl where I work, who I shall call Sarah Bottomley

She is "ill" on every Monday so we call her "Bank Holiday Bottomley"

I assume the new Fulham coach will drop all the tarts like Taraabt, Berba, Ruiz, Kakkakkkaikikizzz and play the hard men in a rigid 8-2-0 formation to stifle the frig out of things and aim for 0-0

Expect a thoroughly frustrating night as AVB's gallant army throw themselves onto the defensive rocks hour after hour, rather than following John Barnes' mantra (you can be slow or fast but you must get to the line.... there's only one way to beat them, get round the back)

After going winless in 4 matches, surely we have to win this match. We have a good record at Fulham in recent years as we are unbeaten there in 5 league matches, winning the last 3. So, there is no reason whatsoever why we cannot beat them. But then, we also had an excellent result at home against Fulham before losing to them last season. That disappointing loss was one of the main reason why we couldn't finish in top 4 last season. So, hope we will go all out to get the revenge for that defeat. More importantly, we need to win to get back into the top 4 race.

Our attacks looked much better against ManU, even if the strikers didn't score. So, won't mind if we play the same players here. Soldado missed a good chance against ManU. Hope he will make up for that mistake by scoring in this match. Defoe is our top scorer with 9 goals so far but all of them in Cup matches. Hope he will get his first league goal in this match. Too bad Adebayor is injured as he would have given us more options in attack. Not sure if Lamela will get to play but hope he will have a good match if he does. He still needs to prove his worth to us.

On paper, our midfield looks much better than Fulham's. But our midfield need to turn up for this match. We shouldn't get complacent as Fulham got players who can hurt us. Want to see Sandro having another influential match after scoring the wonder goal against ManU. Dembele and Paulinho played well against ManU as well. But want them to help our attack more in this match. I think Lennon will be our key player in this match. As he shown against ManU, Lennon can hurt the opponents when he is in top form. But he still needs to improve his finishing. Anyway, I would always prefer the experienced Lennon over the inexperienced Townsend any time. I am still not convinced of Chadli, so would prefer Sigurdsson to start instead. Sigurdsson can be our key player if he is more consistent. Hope he will score from one of his long range shots here as he has not scored for very long time now.

After keeping many sheets before, we have conceded 8 goals in the last 2 matches. Will be very disappointed if we don't keep a clean sheet here. Lloris has looked shakey since his head injury. Hope he will get back his best form. Just don't want us to call back Friedel who is very slow now. Wish Rose is fit as that will allowe Vertonghen play in his best position. Until that happens, hope Dawson and Chiriches will get more understanding between them. Want us to concentrate on safety-first defending instead of trying to be too clever. Walker did well to score from freekick against ManU. Hope he will be our regular freekick taker and score more goals like that.

I think this is a must-win match for us to get back into the top 4 race. We cannot afford to go too long without a win as that will drop us even lower in the league table. Don't mind how we play or score as long as we get that much-needed win.

Any official team news yet ?

Feeling a bit nervous already. Don't care how we are going to play, as long as we win. Result is more important than performance for both the team and AVB now.

Baqb_0ICIAAIPvJ.jpg

Fulham v Tottenham Hotspur

Lloris

Walker, Chiriches, Dawson, Vertonghen

Capoue, Sandro

Lamela, Paulinho, Lennon

Defoe

Subs: Friedel, Naughton, Chadli, Townsend, Sigurdsson, Holtby, Soldado.​

Last edited:
New Fulham manager Rene Meulensteen makes seven changes to his team tonight - but Dimitar Berbatov is not one of them. The Bulgarian starts up front against his former club Tottenham.

Fulham XI: Stekelenburg; Riether, Hughes, Senderos, Riise; Parker, Karagounis; Dejagah, Kasami, Kačaniklić; Berbatov.

Nice to see Capoue back, did well before his injury. Decent team that, would prefer Soldado personally but can't moan other than that. 2 strikers on the bench as well - maybe AVB means business tonight.

Back