• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT *** Tottenham Hotspur vs Fiorentina***

I hope we play a strong team here. Why? Well, I'd like to think that we can get a solid result in the first leg which will make it possible to determine whether we can rotate for the second leg.

Thankfully, the game that falls after this one is the FA Cup tie against Crystal Palace and, let's be honest, we know that we'll heavily rotate players for that one. So it would be good to think that we can stay in Europe for as long as possible. Yes, our success in the PL might mean that we view the EL slightly differently but come on, it's Europe! And who doesn't want to enjoy European nights? And the prospect of exciting games & maybe, just maybe winning the Cup!

Nah – let’s just got for the triple. Our squad is strong enough to compete on all 3 remaining fronts.

We've got to behave like a big club if we have ambitions to become one

My thoughts as well.

First choice XI go out for this one. If we get a result, then we can afford to play the second string against Palace and in the home tie against Fiorentina. Give Kane and some of the others a chance to rest up prior to Swansea and Wham.

LLoris

Trippier
Alderweireld
Wimmer
Davies

Dier
Alli

Eriksen
Lamela
Son

Kane

Dembele gets a rest because he looked incredibly tired at the end of the Emirates Marketing Project match. Other than that we have near enough our first choice XI.

Let Onomah, Carroll, Mason, Bentaleb, CCV and Chadli play in the other matches and this lot again come the 28th.

No way we should rest too many players for the first leg. I'd play this lot:

------------------ Lloris
Trippier -- Toby -- Wimmer -- Davies
--------- Bentaleb -- Mason
---- Lamela -- Onomah -- Chadli
------------------ Kane

That's Bentaleb and Mason coming on for Dier and Dembele, Onomah for Eriksen and Chadli for Alli. Keep Kane there but sub him for Son as soon as possible. Lamela must play as he's got the most experience of Italian defences.

I'm not counting Trippier and Davies as resting players, as we've got excellent FB rotation going on.

No way we should rest too many players for the first leg. I'd play this lot:

------------------ Lloris
Trippier -- Toby -- Wimmer -- Davies
--------- Bentaleb -- Mason
---- Lamela -- Onomah -- Chadli
------------------ Kane

That's Bentaleb and Mason coming on for Dier and Dembele, Onomah for Eriksen and Chadli for Alli. Keep Kane there but sub him for Son as soon as possible. Lamela must play as he's got the most experience of Italian defences.

I'm not counting Trippier and Davies as resting players, as we've got excellent FB rotation going on.

Got to give Kane a rest. Play Son up top.

First choice XI go out for this one. If we get a result, then we can afford to play the second string against Palace and in the home tie against Fiorentina. Give Kane and some of the others a chance to rest up prior to Swansea and Wham.

Sorry, but the idea that even if we put out our first 11 we're going to somehow put the tie to bed is ridiculous! We're not so strong that we can beat the 3rd placed team in Serie A something like 3-0 away!! If we're going to play our strongest team in either leg, then we should do so at home

Sorry, but the idea that even if we put out our first 11 we're going to somehow put the tie to bed is ridiculous! We're not so strong that we can beat the 3rd placed team in Serie A something like 3-0 away!! If we're going to play our strongest team in either leg, then we should do so at home

Playing our strongest side 3 days before Swansea is better than taking them to Italy this week and getting a better result?

We're at home after both legs, there's no need to rest anyone except against Palace.

I'm not saying that we will put the tie to bed, but I do think our first XI will get a result, as opposed to our second string who might not. The second leg comes before the Swansea game which we need to have our best team fresh for, thus playing the second string at home makes sense (to me). If we can give them an advantage then we should.

I'd still like to see us go far in the competition and knocking out an Italian team helps our battle with their coefficient.

I'd like to see the same team as the one we played against Monaco with Bentaleb in place of Dier and Chadli for the injured N'jie. I think they should be able to get a result that will make the return leg less anxious.

Back