• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT *** Tottenham Hotspur vs Emirates Marketing Project ***

... after which there will be another 36 points available

THIS. Even if we win there is still so, so far to go. Plenty of time for things to change MASSIVELY. A week is a long time in football, let alone 12 weeks.

I expect Aguero to dance past Wimmer and poke it in, then the ref will give them a pen or three. But it won't end our season, no way.

Good to see the naysayers coming here to level out the positive comments, city will be without Delph, Bony, Nasri, Navas and De Bruyne, i'm sure poch has a gameplan to take care of Aguero, if you keep him quiet, city's goal threat will be severely limited.

THIS. Even if we win there is still so, so far to go. Plenty of time for things to change MASSIVELY. A week is a long time in football, let alone 12 weeks.

I expect Aguero to dance past Wimmer and poke it in, then the ref will give them a pen or three. But it won't end our season, no way.
BUT we'll have Dier and Lamela running behind and covering ! The team now plays for each other, a LOT more.

One thing I'm pretty sure about tomorrow's game is we won't be outplayed. This team has an energy and belief about it that it will not allow that to happen. At worse it will be even in terms of performance. What the final result will be I don't know, as it could depend on more than just our performance. But knowing that we will put in a good one gives me hope it will be favourable.

Actually quite rate him these days
He did seem to court controversy in the past, and of course there's always THAT disallowed goal forever etched in our memories, but yeah, you're probably right about him now and he's far from the worst. We got a good result with him reffing the home tie in September. (On a side note I think I read that he is one of the Euro 2016 refs).

He did seem to court controversy in the past, and of course there's always THAT disallowed goal forever etched in our memories, but yeah, you're probably right about him now and he's far from the worst. We got a good result with him reffing the home tie in September. (On a side note I think I read that he is one of the Euro 2016 refs).

I do wonder though, if he was in charge for the home game, whether the offside goal(s?) will play on his mind - oh and welcome to the board Glenda!

Have fun boys and girls, just about to catch the train for a fun day in Manchester. see you on the other side.

1-4

Its going to be emotional.

This is such an important match for us. We really have to win this match if we want to improve our chances to win the league title. A draw won't really be a bad result but we will then have to rely on other results in our title race instead. If we don't want to rely on other results, we must win this match !I Also, since ManCity are our direct rival, it will help us greatly if we can beat them. After beating them 4-1 at home, there is no reason why we cannot win this match. We used to have great record away at ManCity until that memorable 1-0 win in 2010 which won us the CL place. Since then we have lost 5 times in a row there. It is time we put a stop to those defeats and get back our winning formula there !

Kane will be our key player again. We only seems to win when Kane scores in the league, most of the times anyway. So, if we want to win this match, Kane definately needs to score ! Emirates Marketing Project's defence have looked vulnerable in recent matches. We need to make use of this and score from whatever chances we get in this match. Players like Eriksen and Lamela need to step up their match. Badly want to see Eriksen score from a free kick for once ! Lamela was our best player against ManCity when we beat them 4-1 at home. Hope he will start and put up another good performance, especially doing his best to stop ManCity's attacks. Chadli and Son too should play atleast some part in this match as needed.

I think this match will be won or lost in midfield. ManCity have a quality midfield which can trouble us when they are on form. So, we need to win the midfield battle to have any chance of winning this match. Hope Dier and Dembele will step up and control the midfield. Alli has been a revelation this season. So, no doubt ManCity will give special attention to him. Hope he will be at his best to open up their defence with his runs and tricks. It won't harm us at all if Alli can score another world class goal !

We still have the best defensive record in the league. But too bad Vertonghen is now out injured at this crucial stage of the season. Still worried about Wimmer replacing Vertonghen as he has not played for us much. But Wimmer has done well to help us keep the clean sheet against Norwich and Watford. Hope Alderweireld and Wimmer can combine together with Lloris to stop the ManCity attacks. I think we would have won half the match if our defence keep the clean sheet in this match. For that we need to avoid any unforced errors in defence.

It is going to be a difficult match against Emirates Marketing Project. But when you are fighting for the league title, you need to turn up against anyone, anywhere without any fear and with the aim of winning every match. Hope we can improve out chances to win the league by beating Emirates Marketing Project in this match !

Last edited:
Whilst there'll still be a lot of the season to go after today, the two six pointer games today make it feel like it could be a defining day with big points swings possible.

I don't dare to dream, but this current Spurs set up is the best prepared in a long, long time. Even if it goes wrong today I absolutely believe that Poch and this squad are on to something quite special, so I'm going to sit back and just try to enjoy the day.

COYS.

My mate just said, 'can't see City losing two home games in a row'. That's dented my optimism somewhat.

Any team info yet ?

Not really important who will play or how we will turn up as long as we get a positive result. Hope we will achieve our target in this match !

I shall be watching this from downtown Harare surrounded by local Man U fans. 2 large beers for $3 don't mind if I do. It's quite a place. I think we'll exhaust them and they have a lot of players injured. We will do this.

My mate just said, 'can't see City losing two home games in a row'. That's dented my optimism somewhat.

Well they will certainly be doubly-motivated. They wont want to home defeats on the bounce and they will be 'up for revenge' after the first match at WHL.

For me the title is just a dream and a mountain too high with our remaining fixtures and possible impending fixture pile up. My aim for the club is just to finish in the Top 4 hopefully 3rd to achieve our highest PL finish. I would take that right now.
Naturally would give anything to see us win the title, and this is probably going to be the best chance we get for quite a while, but years of anticipation and ultimate disappointment have left me scarred and unable to be too optimistic.
A win today could well change all that, but a defeat wont be a disaster for me as we still have a nice little gap to 5th and the oppurtunity to achieve my own expectation for the team still more than alive

Back