• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT Tottenham Hotspur Vs Emirates Marketing Project

If we start playing 442 then we may as well all pack up and go home. Our squad just isn't set up for 442. It wouldn't surprise me though - spend 100 million on shaping the squad and then end up with Ade and Defoe up front, Dembele and Sandro in the middle, Townsend and Siggy left and right.

We could then have a bench of Soldado, Lamela, Eriksen, Holtby, Paulinho and Vlad and admit we spunked away our big pay day opportunity.

While we're there lets stick Naughton in at left back. If Verts gets injured at any point we're completely screwed.

We need to stick to the formation we've bought players for, have courage in our convictions and drive it through and make it work. I'm fairly sure that's what AVB will do. I certainly hope that's what he's going to do.

If we start switching to 442 I think its time to start asking some serious questions.

If we start playing 442 then we may as well all pack up and go home. Our squad just isn't set up for 442. It wouldn't surprise me though - spend 100 million on shaping the squad and then end up with Ade and Defoe up front, Dembele and Sandro in the middle, Townsend and Siggy left and right.

We could then have a bench of Soldado, Lamela, Eriksen, Holtby, Paulinho and Vlad and admit we spunked away our big pay day opportunity.

While we're there lets stick Naughton in at left back. If Verts gets injured at any point we're completely screwed.

We need to stick to the formation we've bought players for, have courage in our convictions and drive it through and make it work. I'm fairly sure that's what AVB will do. I certainly hope that's what he's going to do.

If we start switching to 442 I think its time to start asking some serious questions.

I have to agree in a way. If it's for the occasional game to exploit certain situations then it isn't so bad. Last year it wasn't so bad either as we could play both Defoe and Ade with Bale and Lennon left and right and our squad wasn't really set up to move away from it.

But now, considering we have got the players to play a lone striker with what you'd think were the players able to supply him with the passes and scoring goals from deeper...why are we unable to play this 4231/433 on a consistent basis without looking absolutely awful while doing it in some games? It is a puzzler.

If we are sticking to our convictions and working on it until we get it right it gives me more confidence. If we change to 442 it kind of looks like we are admitting, despite our signings that should be capable of doing it, that we just can't play the system we intended to.

Soldado and Lamela up front together.....possible sexytime imo

just try it AVB!!

+ infinity

had a couple of weeks off from this forum.....am hoping for a performance tomorrow to make this a happier place.

I don't know who suggested 4-4-2 but its like most formation's imo.....there may be a need for it in certain circumstances so it shouldn't be something we just dismiss...it should be something we should work on.....with a proper cf and a forward in the withdrawn role.

I think AVB will stick with his formation but he does need to understand that if he puts on defoe with Solly when we are struggling to create then that is not the answer........ personally I want to see Townsend left eriksen off the front man and Lamela on the right with Solly up front.......Sandro always a cm.

We have no international breaks for a while now so we do have some serious work to do on the training ground......we must strive to be more cohesive.

We don't have a hope of getting any kind of result here. I've never been so certain that'll we'll lose a game in my life.

Comfortable 2-0 to them :( goodbye champions league.

We don't have a hope of getting any kind of result here. I've never been so certain that'll we'll lose a game in my life.

Comfortable 2-0 to them :( goodbye champions league.

Love your positive slant on tomorrow and the season considering were 2 points off 2nd and have had our best start to a PL season ever...

+ infinity

had a couple of weeks off from this forum.....am hoping for a performance tomorrow to make this a happier place.

I don't know who suggested 4-4-2 but its like most formation's imo.....there may be a need for it in certain circumstances so it shouldn't be something we just dismiss...it should be something we should work on.....with a proper cf and a forward in the withdrawn role.

I think AVB will stick with his formation but he does need to understand that if he puts on defoe with Solly when we are struggling to create then that is not the answer........ personally I want to see Townsend left eriksen off the front man and Lamela on the right with Solly up front.......Sandro always a cm.

We have no international breaks for a while now so we do have some serious work to do on the training ground......we must strive to be more cohesive.

Massive few weeks coming up, after tomorrow we also play 3 of the current top 5 in the next 5 league matches, plus a great chance to reach a Cup semi-final.
Thankfully with EL qualification already secured, for the 2 midweek Euro games none of our starting X1 for the league games need to be involved.
Personally I would say any player AVB intends to start against United should even travel to Tromso, and likewise any player due to start v Liverpool should not be starting v Anzhi

Hope both Ade and Lamela start.. I think Adebayor could be just what Soldado needs...

Adebayor shoud not be anywhere near the team. He was a disgrace last year - I can accept people being off form and not playing well if they actually try. He was completely lazy last year and didn't look as if he gave a sh1t. We have enough decent players such that we don't have to play player who aren't willing to work

You would think 4-4-2 was akin to converting from islam to judaism (has anyone ever done that?)

Having 2 players on the pitch very good at scoring goals instead of 1 is not really heretic.

You would think 4-4-2 was akin to converting from islam to judaism (has anyone ever done that?)

Having 2 players on the pitch very good at scoring goals instead of 1 is not really heretic.

If supply is the problem then maybe, just maybe, another body up front isn't the answer. Why doesn't every team in the world play 442 if your rather basic little formula is correct?

I like the way you completely ignored the post and then wrote some tripe about Judaism. Yawn.

EDIT: who are these two players that are GHod at scoring goals by the way? Defoe, who has about one league goal in 2013? Adebayor who scored about 5 in the league last season?

Last edited:
Football is a very basic game. If you score more than the other team you win. Having players in your team good at scoring goals in the EPL like Ade (4 in his last 8 games all from open play IIRC)is an idea worth considering.

I certainly do not want Defoe as one of the front 2

For what it's worth I think we will lose and then again at home to Man U next week.. We will then be unlikely to catch the top four who will probably be the usual suspects...

Not all bad news though...that would take pressure off in the league so we can try and find a 'goal scoring' system of play where not every game is so vital.

That would allow us to concentrate on actually winning a trophy as we have a strong squad. We could then take that confidence trophy into next season and with a decent big striker ( I want Benteke in January) we might actually show convincing title winning form right from the start.

Yeah, Adebayor was awesome last season.

Has everyone forgotten how appalling he was for 95% of the entire campaign?

No, but I do know that we scored just 9 goals this season in the league, I also remember his man of the match performance against Chelsea and of the opinion that he deserves another chance. Or we could do what you want and not attempt to utilise the talents of our highest earner

Love your positive slant on tomorrow and the season considering were 2 points off 2nd and have had our best start to a PL season ever...

I'm positive normally but we're not scoring goals and I actually think we'll park the bus tomorrow. This is not the spurs I know

For what it's worth I think we will lose and then again at home to Man U next week.. We will then be unlikely to catch the top four who will probably be the usual suspects...

Not all bad news though...that would take pressure off in the league so we can try and find a 'goal scoring' system of play where not every game is so vital.

That would allow us to concentrate on actually winning a trophy as we have a strong squad. We could then take that confidence trophy into next season and with a decent big striker ( I want Benteke in January) we might actually show convincing title winning form right from the start.

That is a very sensible and thought provoking post. If you offered me a trophy and no ECL next year I would take it.

Provided Arsenal don't win anything that gives me bragging rights with Gooner mates and workmates.

But really I just want to be proud of being a Spurs fan. If we play great and lose I would prefer that to George Graham Arsenal performances.

Back