• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT Tottenham Hotspur Vs Emirates Marketing Project

If Kaboul is back, he'll still be on the bench. If anything, he'd replace Dawson as he's the most similar. But Dawson has been playing well lately, so will keep his place.

I'm anticipating Aguero walking through Dawson again..

This is a big fear of mine, I must admit. Though perhaps it'd be better that he doing this nearer the half-way line than near our penalty box (where Aguero's quick finishes are lethal!). Now they don't have Silva, i'm thinking that the risk of plaing a semi-high line might MIGHT just work ok-ish (though this might depend on Navas NOT starting).

TBH, i'm more worried about how Dawson, Vlad or Kaboul deal with Negredo in the air...

I wonder which makes you more nervous now, watching Spurs play or trying to open this site, not knowing whether it will open at all or not.:-"

BZmfBASCAAEkiuf.jpg

BZmgKTbCIAAB6Yu.jpg

BZmjXdzCQAAwIcL.jpg

This is a big fear of mine, I must admit. Though perhaps it'd be better that he doing this nearer the half-way line than near our penalty box (where Aguero's quick finishes are lethal!). Now they don't have Silva, i'm thinking that the risk of plaing a semi-high line might MIGHT just work ok-ish (though this might depend on Navas NOT starting).

TBH, i'm more worried about how Dawson, Vlad or Kaboul deal with Negredo in the air...

Of course Silva is a massive miss, he has been our best player so far this season. But we can adjust now, we can push Nasri wider and bring in Navas to stretch it, or we can replace Silva with Jovetic who has been horribly unlucky with injury but I'm really excited to see how he can do. I actually think we will see Jovetic start, playing behind Negredo with Nasri and Aguero.

Here's hoping Nasri gets his annual goal (and a few more) against you lot!

• This is a match-up between the best away defence and the strongest home attack. Emirates Marketing Project have scored 20 goals in their 5 home matches while Spurs have conceded just once in their 5 away games.
  • City have won 7 of their last 10 home games against top-half teams, and are the only team to have won all of their home games this season. Sergio Aguero, who is joint leading scorer in the league, has scored in all but one of the Citizens' home matches this season.
  • Tottenham have the lowest goals per game ration in the top five European leagues and haven’t scored more than twice in any of their last 17 league games.:frown:
  • However, there have been at least 3 goals in 8 of Spurs’ previous 13 trips to top-six opponents.
Read more at http://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/fourfourtwo-preview-man-city-vs-tottenham#JZzoLmOKdXQITx6w.99

• This is a match-up between the best away defence and the strongest home attack. Emirates Marketing Project have scored 20 goals in their 5 home matches while Spurs have conceded just once in their 5 away games.
  • City have won 7 of their last 10 home games against top-half teams, and are the only team to have won all of their home games this season. Sergio Aguero, who is joint leading scorer in the league, has scored in all but one of the Citizens' home matches this season.
  • Tottenham have the lowest goals per game ration in the top five European leagues and haven’t scored more than twice in any of their last 17 league games.:frown:
  • However, there have been at least 3 goals in 8 of Spurs’ previous 13 trips to top-six opponents.
Read more at http://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/fourfourtwo-preview-man-city-vs-tottenham#JZzoLmOKdXQITx6w.99

Interesting.... Very interesting.

Premier League ‏@premierleague 1h

Referee change: Howard Webb has been appointed referee for Emirates Marketing Project v Spurs on Sunday 24 November #MCITOT

Andre Villas-Boas has revealed that Tottenham have been practising in a 4-4-2 formation during the international break – and that Emmanuel Adebayor has a chance of starting against Emirates Marketing Project on Sunday.

Spurs have been playing in a 4-2-3-1 system since the start of the season but have scored just nine goals in their 11 Premier League games thus far.

That has prompted some calls for Villas-Boas to be more ambitious and to play with two strikers – and he admits that is a possibility.

“We’ve trained with 4-4-2 during this international break,” he said. “We played a game against a local team over here last Friday playing 4-4-2.

“We can probably move to it in future, although I’m unsure if this is the right time, bearing in mind the fixtures that we have coming up against Emirates Marketing Project and Manchester United.

“We have been very consistent defensively and offensively in the 4-2-3-1 system – not in terms of goals but in terms of chances created. That’s probably our way through.

“What did we work on in the friendly? Just the change of system basically. We tried a little bit with Soldado and Adebayor up front in a 4-4-2 shape.

“We did it all of last season so it’s not something that we need to lose lots of time with. It comes naturally, the players know it, it’s also part of this country’s culture and I think when I would want to revert to that system I will.”

Adebayor is yet to play a single minute for Spurs this season, and has only been on the bench on one occasion – away at FC Sheriff in the Europa League.

However, Villas-Boas says the Togo international has an outside chance of being in the starting XI against his former club Emirates Marketing Project at the Etihad on Sunday.

“Alone or with another striker , Ade is a great player, so you don’t have to teach him a lot to behave in different systems,” said the head coach.

“We have two performing strikers at the moment in Soldado and Defoe. Obviously Ade hasn’t had the chance to get back into the team yet, but I’m sure that whenever that happens he will perform as well as the other ones The three of them are competing extremely well in training.

“Our likely approach is to go with one up front [at Emirates Marketing Project]. It’s a decision that I have to take, which one I will choose. They are very near each other at the moment and it could be a possibility that even Ade could play that game. These are all decisions that we have to take.

“We don’t have enough reasons at the moment not to trust Soldado and Defoe because they’ve been excellent, with great performances, goals and great goal tallies, so hopefully it’s a decision that’s best for the team and best for the strategy.”

Source

Emirates Marketing Project away is not a time to be testing 4-4-2 though.

I mean if it's a 4-4-1-1 with Adebayor off of Soldado it may work but is this a time to test it? Why has it taken this long for us to be trying this out?

I'll be content with a draw here. I feel the ManU game is the most winnable of the two, but wouldn't mind getting one over on the lottery winners.

..................Lloris
Walker Dawson Vlad Verts
...........Capoue Sandro
...Lamela..... Holtby.....Townsend
..................Soldado

Damage limitations for me, will be delighted with a draw

Really interesting that we've been training in 4-4-2, but also slightly worrying. I mean, we've set up the squad to play 4-2-3-1. It just smacks of a little desperation and a lack of confidence in the plan.

I think the same thing happened last year around this time, where we played the first few games in a 4-2-3-1, didn't look like creating all that much so went 4-4-2 with Defoe and Ade and it went well. Then Bale took his position and we picked up some points. This year we were looking better in the 4-2-3-1 in some games though so I'm interested as to why we are looking at changing. It's almost like giving up, admitting that Tottenham will never create chances well in a 4-2-3-1 and not trying to achieve it any more. But we've signed the players to play that or 4-3-3.

I mean, why do our players struggle so much with a 4-2-3-1? Is it an admission that the preferred style of a smaller lone striker to purely poach doesn't work well in England without a lot of support, as the defenders are too physical?

Back