• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT Tottenham Hotspur Vs Emirates Marketing Project

Really interesting that we've been training in 4-4-2, but also slightly worrying. I mean, we've set up the squad to play 4-2-3-1. It just smacks of a little desperation and a lack of confidence in the plan.

I think the same thing happened last year around this time, where we played the first few games in a 4-2-3-1, didn't look like creating all that much so went 4-4-2 with Defoe and Ade and it went well. Then Bale took his position and we picked up some points. This year we were looking better in the 4-2-3-1 in some games though so I'm interested as to why we are looking at changing. It's almost like giving up, admitting that Tottenham will never create chances well in a 4-2-3-1 and not trying to achieve it any more. But we've signed the players to play that or 4-3-3.

I mean, why do our players struggle so much with a 4-2-3-1? Is it an admission that the preferred style of a smaller lone striker to purely poach doesn't work well in England without a lot of support, as the defenders are too physical?

We had a practise match with a local team for match fitness.
We had to fit both Ade and Soldado into it.
Of course he played 442.

I wouldn't read anything into it.

Of course he played 442.

And if Add dropped deep and the wingers pushed on there is not much difference in the two formations.

Of course Silva is a massive miss, he has been our best player so far this season. But we can adjust now, we can push Nasri wider and bring in Navas to stretch it, or we can replace Silva with Jovetic who has been horribly unlucky with injury but I'm really excited to see how he can do. I actually think we will see Jovetic start, playing behind Negredo with Nasri and Aguero.

Here's hoping Nasri gets his annual goal (and a few more) against you lot!

Jovetic is out isn't he?

You look to me to be lacking a creative centre mid with Silva out.

Your actually missing your two most important players IMO in Kompany and Silva so it will be interesting to see how you play

Last edited:
Anyone who believes the guff from AVB about ADE playing for us again this season is just deluded. The big man will not feature for spurs again before his January transfer- think about it.

AVB wants rid as ADE doesn't fit with how he wants to play, so he's hardly going to risk ADE getting injured before January. Shame really as I think ADE could still offer something if given a chance.

Who thinks AVB will not select Soldado on Sunday? Will he have both Defoe AND Ade on the bench? Doubt it.

So who will be the odd one out? No prizes if you guessed right.

Anyone who believes the guff from AVB about ADE playing for us again this season is just deluded. The big man will not feature for spurs again before his January transfer- think about it.

AVB wants rid as ADE doesn't fit with how he wants to play, so he's hardly going to risk ADE getting injured before January. Shame really as I think ADE could still offer something if given a chance.

Sadly agreed 110%

It's a shame though...

He paid £26m for Soldado. To leave him out so soon will damage his confidence. He will persevere with him for a few more games at least IMO. Defoe didn't exactly pull up any trees against Wet Spam and has a shocking record against the top teams. Soldado will defo start IMO.

The way we play, Ade is surely the striker we have who fits the best. If Ade never plays for us again, it won't be down to footballing reasons.

Who thinks AVB will not select Soldado on Sunday? Will he have both Defoe AND Ade on the bench? Doubt it.

So who will be the odd one out? No prizes if you guessed right.

I think that no matter what he does, someone will complain. Unless we smash them. Which would be nice.

He paid £26m for Soldado. To leave him out so soon will damage his confidence. He will persevere with him for a few more games at least IMO. Defoe didn't exactly pull up any trees against Wet Spam and has a shocking record against the top teams. Soldado will defo start IMO.

i agree

I'd go with 4-3-3 here and sit a bit deeper than usual. Bit of defensive stability and try and catch them on the break. Paulie to break forward on those late runs I'm hearing about.

---Townsend -- Soldadao----Lamela
----Dembele ---Paulinho ---Sandro
Rose/Verts - Verts/Vlad - Dawson--Walker
------------Gomes-----------

I'd take anything from this one.

Of course he played 442.

He's clearly talking about potentially using it in games following the Manchesters though. I just find it interesting - why do we, even after signing players who should be capable of patient, incisive passing and forming a squad that doesn't need to be all about the pace on the break, find it difficult to play a patient system? What makes us a club that has to go to 4-4-2? Swansea for example would never start that way.

He's clearly talking about potentially using it in games following the Manchesters though. I just find it interesting - why do we, even after signing players who should be capable of patient, incisive passing and forming a squad that doesn't need to be all about the pace on the break, find it difficult to play a patient system? What makes us a club that has to go to 4-4-2? Swansea for example would never start that way.

I agree and we just do not have the players to set up like that.

I'd be insterested in seeing Ade play as a left inside forward though.

It's an interesting question, especially in light of some of the cacophonous whinging directed at him for his shape/style in home games. Perhaps when he sees an opportunity, he will test it out in a home match to 'free up' some players and 'roll the dice' a la the old school runaboutabit. I wouldn't be averse to seeing it as an experiment frankly, and if we were to do so, I would absolutely hope that Kane got the nod as I think he has a greater long-term future at the club than Ade (I have long been a supporter of Ade's but I can see the writing on the wall from here!)... My suspicion is that AVB will let this loose in the West Ham cup match…we won't see it at City that's for sure?!

It is a little strange he mentioned it though took the surprise factor out of it if he uses it in the future

It is a little strange he mentioned it though took the surprise factor out of it if he uses it in the future

I see two options; he is considering using it at some point on Sunday or he said it to disrupt City's preparations.

This is one of only a handful of game where I think AVB's defensive 4-2-3-1 is the right way to set us up.

Back