• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT- Tottenham Hotspur vs Emirates Marketing Project*****

It's amusing to watch kaboul beastly as he is charging down the wing. But his crossing isn't really up to it.

we have looked better down the right in recent years when our right back supports Lennon, so putting Kaboul there might see a return to this

Thought we were incredibly inept regardless of players being available/unavailable. I think I saw 3 meaningful attacks from 25 mins until the final whistle and one actual save made by Joe Hart. That is unacceptable with the players we had out there in my opinion. Our passing was poor as well as the shape - we just look so vulnerable in wide areas because of the lack of structure in making sure that 2 of the 3 behind the forward actually try and give us some width. City deserved the win by some distance and really should have won by a far clearer margin.

It also seems that when they do try give us some proper width, it is from quite a deep position so when they pick up the ball they usually have a lot further to travel with the ball than if we were playing a 4411 or 442 which is isolating the forward and the other player within the three who is supporting the forward.

AVB is baffling me with the substitutions and blind faith in Dempsey at the moment but I knew it was going to be a season of real change which is why I don't expect us to be challenging for anything league wise this season. He needs time and transfer windows to get the players he wants in and to impose his style and playing systems on the team. Until that point is reached, we are going to be very stop-start/Jekyll and Hyde so as a fan base, we have to be prepared to be patient.

For me its Caulker + 1 in defence right now, I'll be disappointed if he is the one to stand down when Kaboul returns.
How about
Kaboul - Caulker - Vertonghen - Ekotto when all available?

Kaboul is our best cb though. When everyone is back, has to be

Walker (or try out Naughton if Walker is still having a shocker)--Kaboul--Vertonghen--BAE

Thudd was real close from a nice backheel by Ade

First goal came as the ball fell loose from one of our players tackling back. Dzeko did a very nice move for his goal, Daws too slow to pick him up ? Nice lofted ball

I must admit , that cheered me up . I love fantasy stories , 3421, 4222, 4132, how about the fact they scored the perfect goal to win the game

How about the fact we offered jack brick

How about the fact that its a competitive game and we must be competitive. I dont mind if we dont win funnily enough its the tactics and the application. All i hear are tactics so I fight fire with fire. You wanna play a certain tactic fine - but play that it suits the players.

Rodgers was on sky sports just now - he is playing tactics that suits the players. Are we? are we fudge.

If you thought todays performance (lucky not to have been four or five) was acceptable then thats youre prerogative. You all nit pick that we conceded a top quality goal (it was) but i THINK THE MAIN GRUMBLINGS IS THE MANNER OF PERFORMANCES (Sorry wasnt meant to be caps)

Could walk into any team in the Premier League. Amazing performances at OT and Etihad this season, was awesome at home to Chelsea too. The guy is class and still so young, future captain.

This. Real Madrid will have an absolute beast in their midfield....

The big thing we get with Dembele is possession. He doesn't lose the ball and that was one of our strengths last season

Hudd had an ok game really but he doesn't fit in this team anymore IMO. Sandra with Dembele will dominate any team in the league IMO providing we play Ade with Defoe.

My fear is that AVB may neve get to field our best side and likewise may never play our best side unless he changes tactics

Add another last 10min goal to the ever growing list too

We are always going to concede late in the game when we keep making defensive substitutions, leave it as it at least then if you do ship one you've got the players on the pitch to try and get one back. 2-1 down with 4 center halves on the pitch

All the text book people come out and slag off AVB. GHod this forum and spurs fans in general are boring me senseless.

We have so many important injuries, and had a disastrous transfer window.

We look so much better with ade but Dempsey is so bad it's unreal... If dembele is back next week I'd play him there and keep hudd in.

Ad anyone saying redknapp, one you are incredily incredibly INCREDIBLY boring. And clueless. I bet we don't lose 5-1 at whl to Emirates Marketing Project. People have such short memories when it comes to redknapp, I'm not saying we weren't great, but we were truly atrocious at times and he had a much better squad than AVB has. Lets give AVB time, lets get our injuries back, lets see if we can get HIS players in January.

I just get annoyed. Don't mean to offend people but after every game its like going on to a Chelsea/Arsenal forum. Everything getting blasted out of proportion, the limited success we had has killed the support of this club. We slag city off for being millionaire playthings and moan when we lose 2-1 away to the defending champions all hell breaks loose.

Kaboul is our best cb though. When everyone is back, has to be

Walker (or try out Naughton if Walker is still having a shocker)--Kaboul--Vertonghen--BAE

Kyle walker needs a rest and probably a big one at that. WTF was he doing for the first goal? he makes some of the dumbest decisions i've ever seen from a footballer (and that's saying a lot).

Not that dissapointed tbh.

Before the game I did not expect us to win at Emirates Marketing Project. But I am dissapointed with the manner of the loss. Late goal conceded again which appears to be the case what ever the quality of the opposition. Although 442 may not suit the whole game why do we not have a go in the last few minutes instead of the defoe for adebayor sub which never seems to work.

We look so much better with ade but Dempsey is so bad it's unreal... If dembele is back next week I'd play him there and keep hudd in.

i think Hudd Dembele and Sandro as a midfield 3 is more suited to how AVB wants to line us up (3 central midfielders as opposed to 2 and an AM/support striker) so we could well see that

Do one AVB. Tactically inept. City aren't a good side this year, they were there for the taking. Should have put Defoe on for Dempsey, give them something to worry about. Too many basic mistakes being made all over the pitch. Thought Ade was our MOM by a mile, and he has shown today that if we are going to continue with this bricky formation, he must be the man to lead the line, without question. I thing the scum are going to rip us a new one next week. Not looking forward to it one bit. I don't think I've ever been so bored watching spurs sides over the years as I am with this lot. And I've seen some tinkle poor squads. Let's see what happens when we have our injured players return, but I really dont hold out much hope.

Kyle walker needs a rest and probably a big one at that. WTF was he doing for the first goal? he makes some of the dumbest decisions i've ever seen from a footballer (and that's saying a lot).

I still think he has a lot of potential and I liked him last season but perhaps it is a little early for him to be undisputed number one in his position. He gets very little rotation possibilities.

I wonder how we would line up if we'd managed to get Moutinho and the other player (Willian?) AVB wanted this summer....

Do one AVB. Tactically inept. City aren't a good side this year, they were there for the taking. Should have put Defoe on for Dempsey, give them something to worry about. Too many basic mistakes being made all over the pitch. Thought Ade was our MOM by a mile, and he has shown today that if we are going to continue with this bricky formation, he must be the man to lead the line, without question. I thing the scum are going to rip us a new one next week. Not looking forward to it one bit. I don't think I've ever been so bored watching spurs sides over the years as I am with this lot. And I've seen some tinkle poor squads. Let's see what happens when we have our injured players return, but I really dont hold out much hope.

Redknapp was the one that was apparently tactically inept. Think it goes to show, unless your in the dressing room, we have no idea what these managers are doing and why

How about the fact we offered jack brick

How about the fact that its a competitive game and we must be competitive. I dont mind if we dont win funnily enough its the tactics and the application. All i hear are tactics so I fight fire with fire. You wanna play a certain tactic fine - but play that it suits the players.

Rodgers was on sky sports just now - he is playing tactics that suits the players. Are we? are we fudge.

If you thought todays performance (lucky not to have been four or five) was acceptable then thats youre prerogative. You all nit pick that we conceded a top quality goal (it was) but i THINK THE MAIN GRUMBLINGS IS THE MANNER OF PERFORMANCES (Sorry wasnt meant to be caps)
Fully accept those points , i just get fed up with the whole 442, 4132, 4111111, flimflam . Play the best team available , see how they go , however , dzeko goal was superb

Back