• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT- Tottenham Hotspur vs Emirates Marketing Project*****

I just get annoyed. Don't mean to offend people but after every game its like going on to a Chelsea/Arsenal forum. Everything getting blasted out of proportion, the limited success we had has killed the support of this club. We slag city off for being millionaire playthings and moan when we lose 2-1 away to the defending champions all hell breaks loose.

in Maicon and Dzeko they brought on over 40 million quids worth of talent, can't remember who their 3rd was but it's not something we are able to compete with. both would be in the starting line up for the almost all the other teams in the league ffs

I thought we did alright. City are a very good side, once they got the equalizer we were always going to be put under pressure.

We sorely miss Dembele though, him and Ekotto back will be massive for us.

in Maicon and Dzeko they brought on over 40 million quids worth of talent, can't remember who their 3rd was but it's not something we are able to compete with. both would be in the starting line up for the almost all the other teams in the league ffs

Javi Garcia. Another £20m or thereabouts player.

Not to mention those not even involved. Silly silly team.

Agree, the last 2 seasons when Modric was out we had Krancjaer. Mind you if Dembele was fit today AVB would have taken him off after 70 minutes and replaced him with Ena Sharples

Whereas Harry would sit there getting redder and redder until we inevitably lost and then blame it on 'bare bones'. At least AVB's proactive.

Kindly calm down and reflect on what our situation is and what more any manager could do with it.

Trouble is we have no dembele replacement

this is a problem but will be something that is rectified over the coming windows id imagine, most likely with a starting replacement for Hudd and some back up for Dembele. (leaving Huddelstone/Parker and new signing as the replacements)

People keep on saying he needs time and his own players

Well if he hasn't got them, why play a system that doesn't suit the players he has?

Keep it simple and get back to basics and we will pick up plenty of points.

Over complicate what really is a simple game and we haven't got a clue. Same thing happened at Chelsea and I assumed he had learned from there as it looked like had had earlier in the season.

No doubt that City deserved the win but I do have to question the wisdom of AVB dropping Defoe at the start and taking off Lennon in the second half in an effort to protect the point.

A bit more courage and we might have got something from the game, I feel.

if dembele is fit against goners it has to be...

--------------------------------Friedel/Lloris-------------------------------

Naughton------------Caulker-------------Gallas-------------Vertonghen

------------------------Sandro-----------Dembele------------------------

----Lennon-------------------Ade---------------------------------Bale----

------------------------------Defoe-----------------------------------------

if no Dembele then sigurddson and Sandro in the centre. Please no Walker, dempsey and huddleslow.

How about the fact we offered jack brick

How about the fact that its a competitive game and we must be competitive. I dont mind if we dont win funnily enough its the tactics and the application. All i hear are tactics so I fight fire with fire. You wanna play a certain tactic fine - but play that it suits the players.

Rodgers was on sky sports just now - he is playing tactics that suits the players. Are we? are we fudge.

If you thought todays performance (lucky not to have been four or five) was acceptable then thats youre prerogative. You all nit pick that we conceded a top quality goal (it was) but i THINK THE MAIN GRUMBLINGS IS THE MANNER OF PERFORMANCES (Sorry wasnt meant to be caps)

what is so different from our starting formation last season in your view mate ?

Lennon and Bale on the wings, Sandro and Huddelstone (or Dembele) with an AM (Dempsey or Sig) in front and a striker (Defoe/Adebayor) in front of him - what particularly do you think these players are having trouble with adapting to this radical change ?

People keep on saying he needs time and his own players

Well if he hasn't got them, why play a system that doesn't suit the players he has?

Keep it simple and get back to basics and we will pick up plenty of points.

Over complicate what really is a simple game and we haven't got a clue. Same thing happened at Chelsea and I assumed he had learned from there as it looked like had had earlier in the season.

thats the thing. The guys on here think people are against AVB and revert to 'justifying' his decisions. Thats just wrong simply because it is very very clear that the players do not suit the formation - so change the formation to suit the players UNTIL you get those players. There is no point in playing a 4231 when you have a useless in the hole forward, a not so good defence and one midfielder who although has played well tires very quickly. Also in the formation it seems to help in Bale lookin like brick and Lennon lookin like a lost puppy

AVB is not playing a formation that suits the players that hence some of us having a go - and rightly so.

thats the thing. The guys on here think people are against AVB and revert to 'justifying' his decisions. Thats just wrong simply because it is very very clear that the players do not suit the formation - so change the formation to suit the players UNTIL you get those players. There is no point in playing a 4231 when you have a useless in the hole forward, a not so good defence and one midfielder who although has played well tires very quickly. Also in the formation it seems to help in Bale lookin like brick and Lennon lookin like a lost puppy

AVB is not playing a formation that suits the players that hence some of us having a go - and rightly so.

The players suited it fine. Our wingers didn't turn up today. We tried to play on the counter as we have done in previous seasons. Playing on the counter is pretty much impossible if your wingers don't turn up.

(granted others didn't turn up either)

I know I will get a load of "joke club" replies to this, but whatever. I find it hard to believe that you played worse than that this season. The second half was pure dominance; that was the first time our 3 at the back formation worked. For the majority of the second half we played with one centre back and 4 full backs yet you barely troubled our area. Maicon did much better than any of us could have expected, he changed the match for us. I was far more impressed with Spurs in the 3-2 last season, you could probably give better reasons for this than I.

As annoying as he was, Adebayor didn't deserve to be on the losing side today. He was the best striker on the pitch. Sandro was immense too. Huge compliments to your fans too, very loud. Always said that they're among the loudest in the Prem.

Does anyone think we can still finish fourth?

Of course. Only 11 games gone. I mean the likes of West Brom and West Ham are above us, they will NOT finish above us. Everton and Arsenal are the teams we are competing with in my opinion and the two other teams that will be fighting with us. MAYBE Fulham but I think they will end up 10 or so points off 4th at the end of the season.

Back