• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT- Tottenham Hotspur vs Emirates Marketing Project*****

Take not AVB - Emirates Marketing Project would have won with any " formation "

Emirates Marketing Project , were very likely to win, because they had the better players on the pitch. had they played 4 5 1 , 4 3 3 or 442, they would have won. Swap Tevez or Aguero [ strikers ] for Nasri a midfielder and they would still have .

It is not about the system it is about the players. We lost because we had too many mediocre players on the pitch. We could not afford the luxury of playing Dempsey instead of Defoe.

Defoe is a superior player to Dempsey a step up in class. add to that Defoe been very on form and Dempsey being very off form, it was really a very easy decision.

He chose Dempsey , because of a belief that tactics and his system would outweigh other factors. They normally don't , the best teams win the league , not because , they play 433 or 442 , they win it because they spend lots of money and buy the best players.

If it was choice between Nasri or Mata and Defoe, then fair enough, but not the out of form woeful Dempsey.

Play the 2 strikers and get them to work very hard defensively, not because playing 2 strikers is the best tactic, but because playing the best players you have available is.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Take note , can't edit the title.

Last edited:
Wigans was much worse.

I was less disappointed at Wigan for some reason. Maybe it's because the chance of beating the champions was dangling there in front of us and we buggered it up that has me more annoyed. fudge it. Lets beat the Arsenal and forget all about this.

Re: Take not AVB - Emirates Marketing Project would have won with any " formation "

Emirates Marketing Project , were very likely to win, because they had the better players on the pitch. had they played 4 5 1 , 4 3 3 or 442, they would have won. Swap Tevez or Aguero [ strikers ] for Nasri a midfielder and they would still have .

It is not about the system it is about the players. We lost because we had too many mediocre players on the pitch. We could not afford the luxury of playing Dempsey instead of Defoe.

Defoe is a superior player to Dempsey a step up in class. add to that Defoe been very on form and Dempsey being very off form, it was really a very easy decision.

He chose Dempsey , because of a belief that tactics and his system would outweigh other factors. They normally don't , the best teams win the league , not because , they play 433 or 442 , they win it because they spend lots of money and buy the best players.If it was choice between Nasri or Mata and Defoe, then fair enough, but not the out of form woeful Dempsey.

Play the 2 strikers and get them to work very hard defensively, not because playing 2 strikers is the best tactic, but because playing the best players you have available is.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I agree that the teams that win the league are, in the end, those with the best players.

While the jury is still out on AVB, and should be for a good while yet, you do point out what seems to me to be a big flaw, his self-belief in his tactical accumen. In big games play your best team - end of, n'est pas?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I agree that the teams that win the league are, in the end, those with the best players.

While the jury is still out on AVB, and should be for a good while yet, you do point out what seems to me to be a big flaw, his self-belief in his tactical accumen. In big games play your best team - end of, n'est pas?

2be fair I don't think it was subs, formations or a high line that was the problem. We simply didn't use the ball well. Our passing was terrible. A lot of it is down to personnel. Assou-Ekotto actually is a big miss in this regard as his distribution from the back is very good. He supplies Bale and sets him up for runs a lot. Parker is also a very good user of the ball in terms of keeping it under pressure in tight spaces. I know people get tinkled off with his little spins back and sidewarda but it works it buys him time to make a decision and we keep the ball better. Dembele is viral in this regards he provides an outlet in central positions rather than just a wide one in Lennon/bale. He can also receive the ball tightly marked and dribble out of trouble. Neither thudd , Sandro or Dempsey can do that and it really means we can't keep the ball under pressure.

Forget tactics or formations today. We didn't have the personnel in midfield to control our football and feed Lennon , bale and ade with quality service. High line, deep line, 4-4-2 or 4-5-1, it doesn't make a difference when 5 key players from last season's team aren't there.

With Dembele, KABOUL and BAE back we'll look much better I'm sure but more work needs to be done this January and in the summer

I don't think it was poor tactics per se.

If Walker takes a better 2nd touch and doesn't pass to them in our box or Caulker doesn't sell himself then we end 1-1.

If Hudd tracks his man that makes a difference too.

I would have subbed j.v for Naughton though.

Re: Take not AVB - Emirates Marketing Project would have won with any " formation "

City have been playing woeful, turgid dross of late. Ajax beat them and grabbed a point despite being in poor form themselves and Swansea played far better than us and with far more fluidity despite the fact we pinched one of their best players last summer.

We also had the better players against Wigan. We still lost. This is the Premier League and we're supposed to be at the very least a top 6-8 side if you want to lower expectations. You've got to expect alot more from a Spurs team, no excuses we were shocking today. AVB made some very poor decisions tactically too.

Are you called Marlowe in reference to the detective?

i dont know if anybody has noticed but we have been woeful for 90% of this season, this experiment
With AVB is doomed to failure and we should get out now before the seasons gone!

i dont know if anybody has noticed but we have been woeful for 90% of this season, this experiment
With AVB is doomed to failure and we should get out now before the seasons gone!

It's been an improvement of the second half of last season, let's wait and see how it turns out when things settle and we get the players fit.
What manager do you think would want to come to Spurs if we sack AVB after only two full months of competitive football? I can tell you that Moyes certainly wont.

When things settle he will still be a defensive negative clueless coach, he wont learn and we will go backwards.
Levy needs taken to task over this shambles our transfer dealings were a joke and there u
Must have been better options than the Chelsea failure to take us forward!

Most of us have been saying this for the past few years, our team has no system. Every one should know what they are doing yet in games over the past few years when we have someone out injured and someone comes in they look lost.

When things settle he will still be a defensive negative clueless coach, he wont learn and we will go backwards.
Levy needs taken to task over this shambles our transfer dealings were a joke and there u
Must have been better options than the Chelsea failure to take us forward!

:ross:

Dealings a shambles?

Currently Verts, Lloris, Ade and Dembele look good.

Sig and dempsey are struggling. 4/6 successful isn't a 'joke'.

:ross:

Dealings a shambles?

Currently Verts, Lloris, Ade and Dembele look good.

Sig and dempsey are struggling. 4/6 successful isn't a 'joke'.

Sig and Dempsey look bad. Lloris has not played and has neither looked good or bad, he has not been faultless.

Dembele has not played much either,he has not been brilliant . Verts started very well , but has since faded a little. Ade is good for £5m.

Overall on balance I would rather have the money back, if we could get 6 replacements with it.

I have just got back from the game today and I would like to know what constitutes a booking in today's football? Walker was booked for his first late challenge, but, by this time, their fullbacks had committed a number of fouls on Lennon and Bale. Also, I later saw a number of incidents from Emirates Marketing Project players that could have easily been construed as dissent, pure and simple.

As for their so called fans, they're almost as deluded as that mob that follow Chel$ea!!

Sig and Dempsey look bad. Lloris has not played and has neither looked good or bad, he has not been faultless.

Dembele has not played much either,he has not been brilliant . Verts started very well , but has since faded a little. Ade is good for £5m.

Overall on balance I would rather have the money back, if we could get 6 replacements with it.

Seriously?

Dembele has looked the difference when he has been fit.

Vertonghen looks like a world class defender, though has been overused so is likely tired.

Lloris was a steal and will come good.

Ade is ade.

overall on balance we've done well.

apart from Dembele, we were full strength going forward today....Sandro, Thudd, Bale, Lennon, Siggy, Dempsey, Ade, Defoe all fit and ready.

However, that was a shocking attacking display. We offered nothing. It was hard to watch tbh. Injuries cannot be an excuse

Please. How simplistic. If you haven't yet figured out how important Benny and Kaboul are to our attack, then I have to wonder...BTW, for everyone ****ing AVB on here, not once has he mentioned the injuries as an excuse, but I think when you're missing BAE, Kaboul, Dembele and Parker, you're missing some very big players ESPECIALLY with no Modric or VdV...

We needed to gamble with Carroll today. Personally, I'd have played him simply because he is the ONLY player we have besides Dembele who can keep possession. He also drops in and creates space with simple movement and a great range of passing. Hudd played for his beastness, but let's be fair, he couldn't pass water today and couldn't hold a fart. Their first goal came directly from Hudd giving it away. Now I'm not going to **** Hudd for it, he did his best, but we needed a spark today and the room was there.

As for the Dempsey bashing, no, he is not incredible, but let's look at the shoes he's being asked to fill...if you expect VdV then you're blaming him something he simply isn't i.e. not VdV. He once again put in a shift; does he lack the quality you'd like to see long-term in our die? Absolutely. But he doesn't hide.

I thought AVB made two panic subs. Walker was obviously hurt, but instead of simply putting Naughton on like-for-like, he tinkered. I felt that splitting the CBs up like that was suicidal at that point in the game. Ade looked to me like he was on the verge of a red card AND tired (two games in 4 days for the first time in I don't know how long)...

Verts got very very tired indeed, and i sincerely hope Benny can make it back next week...

BUT to all the AVB bashers; don't judge him until he has a fully fit (or at least nearly fit) squad to deal with. Aguero was excellent, a constant thorn, and Tevez is no mug. Silva's tasty, Yaya is a beast (tho Sandro was excellent on him today)...they can bring Dzecko off the bench and leave Balotelli in the stands. That is the power of money!

Good day out otherwise, plenty of beers, plenty of singing and me and my mate managed to ludicrously sing for Dempsey just to see the bemusement around us; I instructed everyone to sing up and support him!!!!! Can't say it was that effective! Still, you can but try...

I have just got back from the game today and I would like to know what constitutes a booking in today's football? Walker was booked for his first late challenge, but, by this time, their fullbacks had committed a number of fouls on Lennon and Bale. Also, I later saw a number of incidents from Emirates Marketing Project players that could have easily been construed as dissent, pure and simple.

As for their so called fans, they're almost as deluded as that mob that follow Chel$ea!!

Ha ha, they were hilarious! How Clichy avoided a card in the first 25 minutes was beyond.
HANDBALL HANDBALL HANDBALL!

Back