• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT- Tottenham Hotspur vs Emirates Marketing Project*****

Whats annoying me is the scum of all teams could confine us to our fourth straight league defeat. Terrible. Pressure will build on AVB if that continues

Bale and Lennon seem to have way more space than in a 4231 - thats fairly evident. Bale stuck on the left today as you had suggested earlier this week and he was non existent. Lennon was a lost puppy today.

We dont have an in the hole forward - dempsey is and never was good enough and it is playing with ten men. That could be it - ten men in all seriousness - starting off with ten men is never gonna work. So put Ade and Defoe. Ade would bring Bale and Lennon into the game running from a deeper position giving their full backs much more of a problem. There was no one further up then Ade yet Ade was dropping deep - so where was our attacker to make their defence think?

Also its the application of tactics - we just bent over and took it up the bum in the second half and it isnt the first time even when we had Dembele (Manure). Its a common recurrence.

So in summary, starting with ten men, formation doesnt suit nor bring the best out of the players and the application of tactics has been to sit back and take it up the arse (happened too many times)

there's barely any difference in the way we lined up last season and this (in terms of formation) - i remember seeing many different takes on how we lined up in threads over the course of the season - some saying we was playing 442 (!), some saying 4411 others saying 4231 - its all much of a muchness, basically we are lining up how you want us to, but Dempsey hasn't been good enough at linking midfield and attack, Bale and Lennon, imv at least, are having very good seasons so im not sure what more you want from them.

why anyone would want us to line up 442 away from home against a top side considering the last time we done this we got raped by our darkest enemy is beyond me. it has worked against the top sides at home in previous seasons but im yet to see evidence of it working away and all logical sense says that it wouldn't. even if you are adamant we should have this as our default formation don't you think it would have been hard to line up this way with only one genuine forward fully fit up until recently ?

how would you be lining up our fit players this season in a formation that suits everyone ?

there's barely any difference in the way we lined up last season and this (in terms of formation) - i remember seeing many different takes on how we lined up in threads over the course of the season - some saying we was playing 442 (!), some saying 4411 others saying 4231 - its all much of a muchness, basically we are lining up how you want us to, but Dempsey hasn't been good enough at linking midfield and attack, Bale and Lennon, imv at least, are having very good seasons so im not sure what more you want from them.

why anyone would want us to line up 442 away from home against a top side considering the last time we done this we got raped by our darkest enemy is beyond me. it has worked against the top sides at home in previous seasons but im yet to see evidence of it working away and all logical sense says that it wouldn't. even if you are adamant we should have this as our default formation don't you think it would have been hard to line up this way with only one genuine forward fully fit up until recently ?

how would you be lining up our fit players this season in a formation that suits everyone ?

Good post tbf.

Na that's about 10pm. Early start tomorrow as I like to get into work early, probably watch a film. Currently having a few beers down the pub. I'm a 29 year old single good looking lad fudging quite a few ladies at the moment and loving life.

You are probably an overweight spotty glasses wearing Cnut.....

Edit. Sorry, you are a massive Cnut

Edit again. I'm actually a fuxking great looking lad. I was a bit harsh on myself when I said good looking

Last edited:

Thats why I said its about the application of tactics too. I say 4411 simply to differentiate between the 4231 i.e. with Demp/Sig and with Ade/Defoe. So youre right the line up is similar to what we have had before.

Its the application of tactics thats most concerning. Why are Bale and Lennon not as effective in the formation AVB plays to that where we played last season? and yeah Bale was great in the latter stages last season (I think mainly down to Lennon being injured meant Bale was double teamed)

My line up would be

The same as todays

BAE
Vert in the middle with Caulker
Ade for Sig/Dempsey
Dembele for Thudd.
I would say change Walker but not sure of Naughton yet.

However you can have 10 Ronaldo's and Messi's on the pitch but if AVB tells them all to sit back that team would get hammered. that second half today seemed like we were just waiting to get beat. It was like we knew they were gonna score and it wasnt a matter of if but when. Today for example if we are just having them hammer us why not negate it by putting both Ade and Defoe and make them think about how they will negate that. They would be worried about us hitting them on the counter that would have pushed them back a bit and less pressure on us. Instead we had Dempsey who ran around a bit without contributing.

Hmmm must have missed those Champions league matches this year, who have we played?

We finished FOURTH.

To qualify for the champions league, you need to finish in the TOP FOUR.

We didnt get our place because Chelsea won the CL. We still technically finished in a CL qualifying position.

AVB is clueless . Thudd is proper brick. Walker is proper brick. Defoe and Ade can work. I hate spurs and am thinking of giving up on football. Seriously what is the point....

Oh weren't you like this last season or earlier this second and then had to apologise for being an absolute tool? What is the problem with your brain? Seriously, it doesn't take a degree in psychology to realise you have some serious issues with your anger/control, you've doe this SO many times its unreal, this petulant outburst, what is wrong with you?

Na that's about 10pm. Early start tomorrow as I like to get into work early, probably watch a film. Currently having a few beers down the pub. I'm a 29 year old single good looking lad fudging quite a few ladies at the moment and loving life.

Ha ha , give you that one ¡

I'm currently a 44 yr old , still playing with the same woman (wife) , no films , 3am here but I still think you talk out of your arse !

Have a beer for me !

Also, people talking about Rodgers picking a system which suits his players (gonad*s by the way), but they're 6 points behind us... And how about arsenal? They have had the same manager and thus consistency for a thousand years and are BELOW us. I don't care people will say they are just bad or whatever, but we have to be realistic. We're doing better than our biggest challenger for 4th, isn't that all that matters when it comes to it?

Edit again. I'm actually a fuxking great looking lad. I was a bit harsh on myself when I said good looking

I replied to your last one without reading this... Oh boy. You are so clearly lonely and mildly desperate with your assertions of having loads of women yet are still single (I wonder why that is). Probably can't hold down a relationship because you have such anger problems.

Ha ha , give you that one ¡

I'm currently a 44 yr old , still playing with the same woman (wife) , no films , 3am here but I still think you talk out of your arse !

Have a beer for me !

Don't worry I'll be 44 before I know it. Bit of banter never hurts. Maybe the Cnut bit was a bit harsh.

I don't normally drink on Sundays but I will have one for you sir.

I seriously don't know why I'm getting a backlash though I just don't think AVB is a good manager and those 2 players are pretty average

Also, people talking about Rodgers picking a system which suits his players (gonad*s by the way), but they're 6 points behind us... And how about arsenal? They have had the same manager and thus consistency for a thousand years and are BELOW us. I don't care people will say they are just bad or whatever, but we have to be realistic. We're doing better than our biggest challenger for 4th, isn't that all that matters when it comes to it?
Oh my GHod ! Some realism ! What has happened to this place ?

Thank you, very good post.

Another point is that we had won our last 3 away games in the league, had we won today it would have been our first 4 game winning streak away from home since 1989 or something like that. Yet people are seemingly baffled when the manager plays the same formation as in those games.

I think people are overreacting to being beaten away by the reigning champions who despite not being in top form have a lot of very good players.

I also think people are underestimating just how much we miss Dembele. We looked equally poor last season without Modric, not much to do with the system or the manager.

It was the manner of the performance. Watching Liverpool now they have done more attacking than we did in the entire 90 today.

The performance simply showed no ambition going forward. We had one goal from a set piece and one Thudd shot in the first. In the second we had one break from Bale and one shot again by Bale.

There was simply nothing in terms of attacking even though Adebayor was fantastic

I dont care if we lose (I do care but you know what I mean) but if we perform and show some fight.

Last season we lost there and it was gutting because we fought we showed attacking intent. This season it was the polar opposite its not a gutting defeat but utterly disappointing.

Back