• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT*** Tottenham Hotspur Vs Dnipro

Dnipro are a decent side. They beat an average PSV side last season, largely thanks to Giuliano.

Opportunity I guess for Soldado and Chadli to prove themselves.

I'd prefer us to play with our first choice defence. Naughton scares me every time he starts

Agreed 100% but I really want Walker to have a rest and be firing for Norwich game. Plus we can bring him back in for the second leg if needed where we have a second chance to right a possible poor result. Get a poor result against norwich on sunday and we are really playing catch up.

I don't undersand this, how many better teams than us are in it? We're 2nd favourites with the bookies, that would suggest we have some kind of chance.

try looking at other factors: fixture congestion, top 4, injuries. Guess we have different priorities and as long as we are within shout of top 4 then I think we should do all we can to get CL next season. That is until Europa winners gets CL too (next year).

This post is interesting.....no doubt some will shoot it down...other will agree with the sentiments. but just read the middle paragraph a couple of times and think!!!

I am curious I must admit to see how Tim views the EL.......same as arry? will Levy lean on him to prioritise the Norwich game?

I must admit im a little unsure....my natural instinct says to me that winning builds confidence and players are not tired when they are winning!!!! however the logistics of travelling to Ukraine & back dont lie......its a bloody long way!!!!

The Norwich game is more important of the two games really....I guess we have this big squad of quality & depth.....I suggest we use it over the next two games......slipping up at Norwich would be far more damaging than losing to Ramos.

Impossible to say for sure what cost us against Fulham. Could it have been the EL? Well possibly but then there were players such as Bale and Dawson who were rested for the EL game who then played against Fulham. I think a major problem that day was that Bale our main goal scoring outlet had a rare off game and the AVB's system was not set up for many goals to be scored by anyone else. I say we should be able to go and put out a decent side especially as they have had weekend off and have enough to beat a poor Norwich side. If not then there is something wrong with the mentality of our players and club. Also as is likely to be the case The top 4 are unlikely to relinquish their positions would it not be nice to at least try and win a trophy?

Last edited:
Lets field a strong team, seal a solid 3:0 win, kill the tie and move on.

I really, really (really) want to win this trophy. If we want to be big players at some point before the andromeda galaxy arrives and properly fooks our chances.

Lets get to a final. Any final. Isn't that what football is about?

Ukraine is a long way to go.... a long way!

I would rest 3/4 key players like Ade, Walker, Paulinhio and probably Kaboul/ Verts as they are just back from injury! otherwise I would go for the kill....

I do not understand this thurs/ sun takes it out of you arguement, its no different to weds/ sat in the CL.... how will we compete if we dont go for it ono two fronts! this is the same for the league cup and fa cup if we were in it!

It's a great competion to win! hopefully get out of there with a positive result and we can cruise at the lane!!!

Lloris
Naughton Dawson Capoue Rose
Lennon Dembelle Bentelab Townsend
Erikson
Soldado

COYS

I really, really (really) want to win this trophy. If we want to be big players at some point before the andromeda galaxy arrives and properly fooks our chances.

When's it due out? I need an upgrade on my phone. ;)

Danny Rose, Harry Kane, Sandro & Zeki Fryers all started today's U21 game against Bolton Wanderers.

Fryers played the full 90 minutes (in central defence), Sandro played 51 minutes and Rose & Kane played 64 minutes each.

Some of those four players could feature for us on Thursday.

In about 3,75 billion to 4,5 billion years..:-"

Man, I thought it was 4.5 billion years or more. Between this and the sun swelling up to a red giant I really should get a move on and stop spending so much time on internet forums. Not much time left ;)

Danny Rose, Harry Kane, Sandro & Zeki Fryers all started today's U21 game against Bolton Wanderers.

Fryers played the full 90 minutes (in central defence), Sandro played 51 minutes and Rose & Kane played 64 minutes each.

Some of those four players could feature for us on Thursday.

Good news for sure. Might mean that Sandro is ready to start either the Dnipro or Norwich game. Rose being back is good news as well.

---------------

I could see a lot of formations/systems and players being used, but I agree that some pretty heavy rotation before the Norwich game looks like a good idea. We have the squad for it so we should use it.

Agree, to me this season feels like we will have an odd one in PL, not quite playing well, but somehow relevant to top 4 chase, but think we have a real chance at Cup, our player who aren't quite "settled" to the EPL can do us a lot of good in Europe.

I'd play Capoue/Dawson to save Kaboul/Sandro for the Norwich game

If Tottenham Hotspur manage a win at Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk it will be our 100th European win from 170 matches played.

P456_zps47b5b523.png

Last edited:
This should be be our B team on Thursday. Because Norwich is much more important IMO, it is a **** of a long travel, we have a large squad - and even if we should get a poor result, we have the opportunity to rectify it at home. We don't get any second chances with Norwich.

No brainier for me.

The problem is that its far from guaranteed that playing a strong team would lead to a 3-0 win and then you're left with semi-tired players playing against Norwich. I actually dont think that a weakened Spurs team would do much more than 1 goal worse than a full strength team this Thurs. Like most others, I would play largely a second string team on Thurs though will the odd first choice player included where we lack depth (eg at full back)

Lloris
Naughton - Dawson - Kaboul - Fryers
Capoue
Townsend - Dembele - Sigurdsson - Chadli
Soldado​

2-0

Uefa Cup is our last chance of a trophy this season. Lets go for some glory. Use some of our squad players yes! but also keep some quality in. They have had over a week off so should be able to handle the two games in 4 days.

-----------------------Friedel----------------------

Naughton----Kaboul----Vertonghen----Fryers

--------------------Capoue------------------------------
--------Dembele------------Siggurdsson----------

-------Townsend--------------Shatli-----------------
-------------------Soldado------------------------------

As others have mentioned if Champions League is our aim then I really don't see the difference in that we play Thursday/Sunday and the Wed/Sat of CL if anything we should get more used to that. That being said it is a long trip and we should utilise our squad. I would pick the team for Norwich and back track from there. Include some players that are proven to play a lot of matches like Walker, Vertonghen etc..

Brad

Naughton Dawson Veljkovic Fryers

Capoue Bentaleb

Townsend Sig (if fit) Chadli

Soldado​

Think I've seen on facebook that we've won our last 8 europa league games? will winning this one set a new record or something? It would be nice to win this game. I like it when we win.

Think I've seen on facebook that we've won our last 8 europa league games? will winning this one set a new record or something? It would be nice to win this game. I like it when we win.

think Atletico Madrid hold the record for when they won it a few years back with Falcao.

Back