• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT*** Tottenham Hotspur Vs Dnipro

i think we'll defo see Capoue starting against Norwich so if Sandro is ready he may get a start o Thursday.

I cant see Sherwood seeing the need for a player like Capoue against Norwich!
Eriksen will be back in for that game and dembele will return to the centre.

I don't agree, I think he'll play the same team as Saudi Sportswashing Machine but Rose in for Naughton if he's recovered.

Lloris
Walker.Kaboul.Vert.Naughton
(Give the CH's more experience together)
Capoue.Bentaleb
(Unless Sandro is back)
Townsend.Eriksen.Chadli
Soldado
(We need him firing if anything happens to Ade)

Is Eriksen going to play against Norwich though? I think Tim will go with the team which beat Saudi Sportswashing Machine. Also, I wouldn't fancy Kaboul to do two games in three days and I want him alongside Vertonghen on Sunday.

Good points.

But I would still play Kaboul and rest Verts. I think he needs game time. Of the two, who would you rather get injured against Dnipro and not be fit for Norwich? Personally, I would go for Kabs as Verts is the better player IMO and Dawson and Verts are an ok partnership against Nirwich while Kaboul and Dawson are not such a good pairing in my view.

Re Eriksen, I would play him against Norwich. I think we need the Stardust he can bring against the lesser teams. Five in midfield with him in is fine. We don't need Dembele, Capoue, Bentelab AND Paulie to anchor the centre - with Townsend on the right. Three out of these four are all that we need in games like this IMO. Probably Dembele on the bench. Soldado to come on at some point too.

Last edited:
I think it would be absolute suicide to pair Dawson and Kaboul at CB for this game; that partnership is not good at al, as both like to attack the ball, and neither is naturally able to take the position of mopping up/dropping back after the other has tried to engage the attacker.
The 6-0 at City wasn't the first defensive car crash we've had with those two at CB either.

Dnipro's manager Ramos will know this and I fear he'd be rubbing his hands with glee if we start those two together.

Tottenham's UEFA Europa League Goals & Assists 2013-14...

P452_zps01685571.png

----------------------------Lloris---------------------------------------
Naughton ---- Dawson --------------Verts ---------------------- Rose
----------------------------Capoue------------------------------------------
Townsend -------Paulinho----------------Eriksen-------------------Chadli
----------------------------Soldado-----------------------------------------

Verts, Townesend and Pauli need games to get match fit; Kaboool should be wrapped in cotton wool; Walker, Bentaleb and Ade need a rest. Chadli is on cloud 7 so let's try to make the best of it and pump his confidence

I cant see Sherwood seeing the need for a player like Capoue against Norwich!
Eriksen will be back in for that game and dembele will return to the centre.

I think it's more about getting the players used to a way of playing/starting XI than worrying too much about Norwich.

seriously does anyone think we can win it?

Depends on how seriously we take it now Sherwood is manager. If both Napoli and Juve take it seriously then they are most likely favourites, other than those two, on paper, we are as good as if not better than all the other top teams in the competition.

Not sure why so many people look down their noses at this competition, if you win it it grants you respect, recognition and enhances your reputation around Europe and thus makes the club more appealing to higher calibre players, significantly more so than any domestic trophy would do.

If we get through this round we are likely to play Benfica. That should give us a good indication of where we stand compared to the other top teams left.

Dnipro are a decent side. They beat an average PSV side last season, largely thanks to Giuliano.

Opportunity I guess for Soldado and Chadli to prove themselves.

I'd prefer us to play with our first choice defence. Naughton scares me every time he starts

I don't undersand this, how many better teams than us are in it? We're 2nd favourites with the bookies, that would suggest we have some kind of chance.
Just off the top of my head, Juventus, Napoli, Porto, and maybe Schakta......

The competition gets much tougher after this round imo. The last 32 round always throws up some interesting draws because of the Champions League teams that drop down, but once we hit the last 16, there are no easy games. If we make it there will likely be Fiorentina, Shakhtar, Juve, Napoli, Valencia, Porto, Ajax or Salzburg (both could go through), Basel and probably Betis all still in it. Any team in England could come unstuck against those teams, which is why I think it a little optimistic to predict us as winners.

We definately have a chance of winning it, but I wouldn't bank on it just yet.

I would go 4-4-2 I think and shift the team around slightly just to try and give some players a bit of an extra break before the next month of pretty intense fixtures which is likely to include Benfica if we both get through.

Give Dembele, Lennon, Adebayor, Lloris, Bentaleb, Eriksen, Walker and Kaboul a rest and tbh, I would leave 3-4 of them at home to resist the temptation of bringing them on and allow them a proper rest.

-----------------------Friedel-----------------------

----Naughton-------Dawson-------Vertonghen-------Rose

----Townsend------Capoue-----Paulinho----Chadli

------------Defoe--------------Soldado------------

Last edited:
Back