• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT*** Tottenham Hotspur Vs Dnipro

Too bad Lamela is injured, perfect game for him and Soldado to get game time.

I'd let Lloris play, obviously on form, could keep us in it if we need him to.

Ade/Kaboul/Vert (if possible) keep protected,

Eriksen, Chadli, Dembele and a few fringe players should all play

-----------------Friedel----------------
Naughton---Dawson---Vert---Fryers
Townsend---Sandro---Siggy--Chadli
------------Soldado---Defoe----------

Anybody's is travelling? If yes, please message here!

Somebody asked on the previous page, so I bring some details:
Dnipro currently sits in UPL on 4th place with a game in hand. Only Shakhtar, sitting of first place, has a 3 point advantage.

They also have a strong preparation before the game against us. From 19th January they played lots of friendly matches.
Their results:
1. 0:0 vs Baku (Azerbaijan)
2. 8:1 vs Jurmala (Latvia)
3. 4:0 vs Videoton (Hungary)
4. 5:0 vs Lokomotiv Plovdiv (Bulgaria)
5. 2:0 against Cluj (Romania)
6. 2:0 against Benfica Luanda (Angola)
matches against stronger opponents started several days ago:
7. 1:1 vs Rubin Kazan (Russia)
8. 0:5 vs Dinamo Moscow (Russia). Got totally himulated playing half of first-team players against much weakned Dinamo side.
9. Today they're playing against CSKA Moscow and tomorrow against Cluj (Romania)

Of course they massively rotate during these games.

Players to watch: Zozulya, Rotan, Nicola Kalinic, Seleznev, Matheus and of course Konoplyanka.
We defenitely won't have such an easy walk as we had during the group stage...

Last edited:
woodgate1.jpg

Juande Ramos: 'Tottenham won a cup, everyone was happy. Then? Sacked'
The former Spurs manager, who will return to White Hart Lane with Dnipro in the Europa League, nurses a sense of injustice over testing transfer times and unfinished business

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/feb/13/juande-ramos-tottenham-hotspur-dnipro

Villa, Eto...Darren Bent :)

Good article with the ring of truth about it. His opinion of Levy's competence in terms of sporting matters shines right through.

Difficult one for Tim this, do we **** this game off to focus on Norwich or go for it and possibly reduce our chances of a win on Sunday ..

Lloris....Naughton, Dawson, Kaboul, Fryers......Capoue, Paulinho, Chadli.....Townsend, Lennon, Soldado.-------score draw at least

Difficult one for Tim this, do we **** this game off to focus on Norwich or go for it and possibly reduce our chances of a win on Sunday ..

I'd say we genuinely have a decent squad and this is a real opportunity to explore it. No one will be mad if he fields a "second" string side and we get knocked out I think.

I think it's absolutely possible to field a very strong XI, of which the majority won't start v Norwich. Tim just needs to think ahead to Norwich about who he wants to play. Of course this could and probably will have a bad psychological impact for this Dnipro game.

I'd say we genuinely have a decent squad and this is a real opportunity to explore it. No one will be mad if he fields a "second" string side and we get knocked out I think.

I think it's absolutely possible to field a very strong XI, of which the majority won't start v Norwich. Tim just needs to think ahead to Norwich about who he wants to play. Of course this could and probably will have a bad psychological impact for this Dnipro game.

True, I guess our team against Norwich will be

Lloris

Walker
Kaboul
Vertonghen
Rose

Capoue
Bentaleb
Paulinho

Dembele
Lennon
Ade

So as few of them playing in this one please.

Send the kids over there and learn the lessons of last year.

Dembele's goal against Lyon cost us a Champions League place last year, without that there'd have been no 120 minutes in an almost empty San Siro and subsequence loss at home to Fulham, nor the 2 points dropped against Everton after losing Bale against Basel.

We have enough co-efficient points to be a Pot 2 team so there's nothing of any value left in this competition for us.

Send the kids over there and learn the lessons of last year.

Dembele's goal against Lyon cost us a Champions League place last year, without that there'd have been no 120 minutes in an almost empty San Siro and subsequence loss at home to Fulham, nor the 2 points dropped against Everton after losing Bale against Basel.

We have enough co-efficient points to be a Pot 2 team so there's nothing of any value left in this competition for us.

This post is interesting.....no doubt some will shoot it down...other will agree with the sentiments. but just read the middle paragraph a couple of times and think!!!

I am curious I must admit to see how Tim views the EL.......same as arry? will Levy lean on him to prioritise the Norwich game?

I must admit im a little unsure....my natural instinct says to me that winning builds confidence and players are not tired when they are winning!!!! however the logistics of travelling to Ukraine & back dont lie......its a bloody long way!!!!

The Norwich game is more important of the two games really....I guess we have this big squad of quality & depth.....I suggest we use it over the next two games......slipping up at Norwich would be far more damaging than losing to Ramos.

Agreed. I would select the team for Norwich and work backwards. Plenty of opportunity for some of our fringe players to get useful game time. I wouldn't play Dembele though, he is too prone to injury at the moment. Start Townsend on the right and see how he fares. If he does well and proves himself fully fit, then he earns his place against Norwich IMO. Bentelab should certainly be rested, along with Lloris, Verts, Eriksen, Lennon, Walker and Ade. Pauli could also do with some game time so too Solado.

I would go

Friedel

Naughton

Dawson

Kaboul

Fryers

Townsend

Capoue

Sig

Pauli

Chadli

Sodado

Agreed. I would select the team for Norwich and work backwards. Plenty of opportunity for some of our fringe players to get useful game time. I wouldn't play Dembele though, he is too prone to injury at the moment. Start Townsend on the right and see how he fares. If he does well and proves himself fully fit, then he earns his place against Norwich IMO. Bentelab should certainly be rested, along with Lloris, Verts, Eriksen, Lennon, Walker and Ade. Pauli could also do with some game time so too Solado.

I would go

Friedel

Naughton

Dawson

Kaboul

Fryers

Townsend

Capoue

Sig

Pauli

Chadli

Sodado

Is Eriksen going to play against Norwich though? I think Tim will go with the team which beat Saudi Sportswashing Machine. Also, I wouldn't fancy Kaboul to do two games in three days and I want him alongside Vertonghen on Sunday.

Is Eriksen going to play against Norwich though? I think Tim will go with the team which beat Saudi Sportswashing Machine. Also, I wouldn't fancy Kaboul to do two games in three days and I want him alongside Vertonghen on Sunday.

I agree on Kaboul, we should save him for Norwich. Verts can handle both games imo.

--------------friedel
naughton---dawson---vert---fryers
----------------sandro
-----------sig--------eriksen
--townsend---soldado--------chadli

If Sandro isn't fit, play Capoue.

i think we'll defo see Capoue starting against Norwich so if Sandro is ready he may get a start o Thursday.

Back