• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT*** Tottenham Hotspur Vs Dnipro

Like we've always constantly beaten teams in the bottom 3 ...... surprised we don't win every game 10-0

Look if we're gonna struggle to beat Norwich (who have one 1 game in 2 full months) we don't have a chance of getting top 4.
If we dont have a chance of getting top 4 then we might as well go for it in this competition.

No injuries, excellent.

Decent performance, par for the course for this competition, the match will always mean more to whoever we're playing, it's their cup final and just a nuisance fixture for us. Will not be remotely gutted it we exit after a draw next week.

Sherwood doesn't deserve any blame for tonight imo except maybe not pulling off Capoue and Soldado earlier. We had to rotate the squad we just had some shocking individual performances and lucky to still be very much in this tie!

The back 4 was very poor today and not helped by Capoue who was absolutely shocking, however I thought we looked decent in possession and created some decent chances not all doom and glom

i think if we go into premier league matches with that personnel at the back we're going to have some serious problems.

Sh!t pitch. My old Sunday league pitch was of better quality.
Sh!t referee. Aweful officiating, the guy missed so much
Sh!t ITV4 commentary. I don't know who he was, but if he was an ex-player I fail to see how he can miss so much of the game.
Sh!t opposition. Apart from Konoplyanka they are aweful.

On the other hand Paulinho coasted through half the game and bottled numerous challenges. Bentaleb's passing was all over the place and Capoue bombed out without anyone filling in for him. Townsend shot on sight when he really didn't have a chance in hell of scoring, Rose was out of position too often and the defence was abysmal.

The only positives I can take from tonight is that we haven't had any injuries. Chadli and Soldado actually looked half decent apart from their misses, although if you believe the commentator on ITV4 Soldado didn't do anything until the 40th minute.

Look if we're gonna struggle to beat Norwich (who have one 1 game in 2 full months) we don't have a chance of getting top 4.
If we dont have a chance of getting top 4 then we might as well go for it in this competition.

Its only just over a week ago that City drew there with them 0-0, guess they don't have a chance then either

Mate i'm the most chilled/happy guy in here, i thought we played alright, unlucky to miss a few chances. Barring the lazy mistake by fans favourite Daws....Vertonghan it was a good result in those conditions

We should be out by now. We were very lucky not to concede at the end.

But ultimately the mentality isn't good enough. We cant have a mentality at the club to allow our team to scratch around with a half arsed performance and thinking we'll make it right at home.

Don't worry, there was no-one watching.

people do watch it on the continent though, unfortunately. im going to get sooooo much grief at work tomorrow. again.

i live in a city with a community of basel fans for example. that was seriously drastic last year.

i don't understand how we can deliver those sorts of performances. although i think that a serious lack of quality at the back legislates for part of the shambles somewhat.

strikers missing open goals, defence all at see. that was not pretty.

But ultimately the mentality isn't good enough. We cant have a mentality at the club to allow our team to scratch around with a half arsed performance and thinking we'll make it right at home.

Mentality? have you played football.... you get games where you miss chances, you get games where you should have won but the the other team got the break.....

also if we are trying to build our reputation and compete then you can't go round europe delivering those sorts of performaces.

we want to build something dont we, we want to win matches and trophies. i thought that was the point of it anyway!

Not sue who was worse Bentaleb or Capoue. I can't remember either of them making a successful pass, Capoue's first touch was shocking as was Bentaleb's decision to shoot every time he got in the opposition half

also if we are trying to build our reputation and compete then you can't go round europe delivering those sorts of performaces.

we want to build something dont we, we want to win matches and trophies. i thought that was the point of it anyway!

Honestly, nobody gives a **** about a game in the Ukraine in a early knockout round.

Seems we played absolute ****, and got away with a 1-0 loss, nothing we can't turn over at WHL.

No injuries, excellent.

Decent performance, par for the course for this competition, the match will always mean more to whoever we're playing, it's their cup final and just a nuisance fixture for us. Will not be remotely gutted it we exit after a draw next week.

Why the hell would Dnipro see us as their 'cup final'?? Think they saw this as a chance to progress to the next round more likely.

Not sue who was worse Bentaleb or Capoue. I can't remember either of them making a successful pass, Capoue's first touch was shocking as was Bentaleb's decision to shoot every time he got in the opposition half

I assume you mean Townsend? and yes both were shocking

I expect us to win games like this and play well! Neither happened tonight so I'm unhappy, this was a pretty rubbish team who carved us open because we were set up wrong. That's Sherwood not earning his money in my eyes. Disappointed that yet again soldado shows that he isn't actually anywhere near as good as his price tag suggests. Poor business from Levy and Baldini!

What gets to me the most is that there are fans in here who are making light of a loss like this one. It doesn't matter because its only the EL? Well Chelsea won it last season and I want Spurs to win it. Unfortunately I think we have a manager at the moment who doesn't believe and neither do our players!

Sh!t pitch. My old Sunday league pitch was of better quality.
Sh!t referee. Aweful officiating, the guy missed so much
Sh!t ITV4 commentary. I don't know who he was, but if he was an ex-player I fail to see how he can miss so much of the game.
Sh!t opposition. Apart from Konoplyanka they are aweful.

On the other hand Paulinho coasted through half the game and bottled numerous challenges. Bentaleb's passing was all over the place and Capoue bombed out without anyone filling in for him. Townsend shot on sight when he really didn't have a chance in hell of scoring, Rose was out of position too often and the defence was abysmal.

The only positives I can take from tonight is that we haven't had any injuries. Chadli and Soldado actually looked half decent apart from their misses, although if you believe the commentator on ITV4 Soldado didn't do anything until the 40th minute.

I thought the ref was excellent. Let the game flow, spot on with key decisions.
Dnipro were a decent side and we contributed to an open and enjoyable game.

A shame we didn't win but it sets up for an interesting second leg next week...if I was able to go to the lane as frequently as in the old days I'd be well up for it.

Pitch was shocking worst we will play on all season, so actually there were some amazing moments of skill. Rose to set up Erikson from the Jan pass was brilliant.

Just hope it's not too zapping for the lads for Sunday.

Back