• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT*** Tottenham Hotspur Vs Dnipro

Honestly, nobody gives a **** about a game in the Ukraine in a early knockout round.

Seems we played absolute ****, and got away with a 1-0 loss, nothing we can't turn over at WHL.

I give a ****, the rest of the world can **** right off

Overall, I think given the pitch and given the squad, we've done MORE than enough to score at least two goals. We've missed some real sitters tonight, some terrible misses, and our defence has been shambolic, absolutely shambolic. But I think we have created a fair amount all told…I back Sherwood's rotation tactic personally…he did the right thing in my book, that starting 11 should be good enough to get a result, and if they took their chances they would've proven it. We're still in the tie by some distance…luckily...

I agree with this. Our back four looked sham logic, our midfield neither creative nor protective, and our forwards utterly toothless. Brad was the only player that can hold his head up tonight. Pitiful display from everyone else.

There was only one class player on the field tonight. Dyplianenko (?) tore us a new one.

However, we are only one down, have another chance in the home leg and will field a stronger team. I agree with TS rotation policy and hope not many of these start against Norwich. Townsend was particularly disappointing. I thought this would be his stage, and he totally fluffed his lines. Something looked wrong with him, he seemed to have lost a couple of yards of pace. Don't know why this should be.

I expect us to win games like this and play well! Neither happened tonight so I'm unhappy, this was a pretty rubbish team who carved us open because we were set up wrong. That's Sherwood not earning his money in my eyes. Disappointed that yet again soldado shows that he isn't actually anywhere near as good as his price tag suggests. Poor business from Levy and Baldini!

What gets to me the most is that there are fans in here who are making light of a loss like this one. It doesn't matter because its only the EL? Well Chelsea won it last season and I want Spurs to win it. Unfortunately I think we have a manager at the moment who doesn't believe and neither do our players!

Thats exactly where I am too.
I think there's also some people that see it as part of their duty as a good fan to defend Sherwood and write this off.

Pitch was shocking worst we will play on all season, so actually there were some amazing moments of skill. Rose to set up Erikson from the Jan pass was brilliant.

That was brilliant from Rose the pace at which he took that on was something special deserved a goal really

I give a ****, the rest of the world can **** right off

This. Bitterly disappointed with that performance. Bar the odd few moments that was a car-crash of a performance by the defence.
Brad Friedel MOTM by a mile.

Positives are we are still in it when, by rights, we could have been 3-1 or 4-1 down. The 2nd leg will be no gimme, can see us going out on away goals, but, on that showing if we do progress we wont be going much further, which saddens me

Thats exactly where I am too.
I think there's also some people that see it as part of their duty as a good fan to defend Sherwood and write this off.

It's called blind faith, I was guilty of this many many years ago but its now occured to me that as fans we need to have more ambition. Finishing 5th last season was a massive blow and empowered Arsenal to a semi resurgence. All because we did not have the right mentalitry as a club to get the job done. In my eyes that is a failure yet so many Spurs fans focused on a record points score that meant nothing and has gotten us nowhere.

If we make excuses for losing there is no hope.

This. Bitterly disappointed with that performance. Bar the odd few moments that was a car-crash of a performance by the defence.
Brad Friedel MOTM by a mile.

Positives are we are still in it when, by rights, we could have been 3-1 or 4-1 down. The 2nd leg will be no gimme, can see us going out on away goals, but, on that showing if we do progress we wont be going much further, which saddens me

This is the thing that sticks in my head too. Looking at the whole picture I cannot see us winning this trophy (which is winnable by the way) or getting into the CL. This then leads on to Sherwood, is he what we need? No is the simple answer. We need someone who has been there and done it, will mould a strong mentality and create a culture at Spurs. This is what we are lacking and have done so for the last two decades. Question is, can Levy deliver this?

The state of football these days where finishing 4th is held as a great achievement. People prepared to sack off winning trophies for the glory of a £30m payday. Is there a trophy cabinet for that bank statement?

The state of football these days where finishing 4th is held as a great achievement. People prepared to sack off winning trophies for the glory of a £30m payday. Is there a trophy cabinet for that bank statement?

yeah, the dressing room, where the "trophies" you can now afford to sign and pay are

Agree that Brad Friedel was our Man of the Match, which speaks volumes for the other players out there tonight.

Still, I fully expect us to win comfortably next week at the Lane and progress to the Round of 16.

Right lets all be honest...

defeat hurts.....I mean this really hurts....

But when you have taken time you will find some perspective...this game does NOT have to define our season...we can recover the tie at the Lane and move on from this.....crap pitch...in a country under crap circumstances....was also a very wierd atmosphere.

Unfortunately what this result does mean is that we will have to go full-strength in the home leg...which is probably something we didnt want to do going into the Cardiff game...while its not ok to meekly accept defeat in a el tie it is also essential not to get too despondent about a tie we are not out of by any means.

Get the boys/staff/fans home safely...asap lets concentrate on the weekend game! those saying we are never going to make top 4 or win the europa can hardly expect the players to show a different mentality from what they are showing can they????

we can win the europa we can make top 4.....I believe that I hope the players do....it was obvious Sherwood gave a fcuk about this from what I saw...

Dont write the defeat off but lets learn from the experience and come back even stronger.....I hope we stuff Ramos & his crew next thursday I really hope we destroy them!

COYS!

I'm of the opinion that Sherwood can only do so much. We would have been 100x better if we would have stopped all the ****ty individual errors. I agree everyone makes mistakes but I do expect a certain level of ability from a professional footballer on £40k+ a week. Either some of them are not fit to be pro footballers or they couldn't give a ****. There is no excuse for not getting the basics or putting some effort in.

Most of the players really do have to look at themselves.

Just caught up with it now. That was awful. Dnipro are f*****g sh*t. How can we lose to them.

Our defence is so so bad. Danny Rose was just awful. In fact all the trouble came down Vertonghen and Rose's side. Scary because they make most peoples first team. If Rose is first choice next year I give up. His crossing is beyond help.

Vertonghen, what the hell.

Just caught up with it now. That was awful. Dnipro are f*****g sh*t. How can we lose to them.

Our defence is so so bad. Danny Rose was just awful. In fact all the trouble came down Vertonghen and Rose's side. Scary because they make most peoples first team. If Rose is first choice next year I give up. His crossing is beyond help.

Vertonghen, what the hell.

Lol ok I went a bit far. We weren't that bad. But I do worry about our defending. I just hope we can finally settle on a proper back four.

Still too many technically average players in the squad to do anything out of the (very) ordinary, sadly. Can't complete simple, 5-yard passes without hitting the first man; can't control a ball that comes at them with even moderate pace; can't run with it and keep close control at the same time. We've spent over half the Bale money on a striker who can't finish from 4 yards, who has still only scored one league goal from open play in more than half a season, and a spindly kid with a haunted look who can't buy a game. Glory, glory.

Edit: If all of that sounds a touch cup-half-empty, I do apologise; my only excuse is that my cup is actually fully empty.

Last edited:
If we have the sorry misfortune to be in this GHod awful competition next year then I'll give a shid, cos the winners will get a CL place. Then there'll be some glory in it.

There's more glory in kopping a feel of a fit bird's chest than there is in shafting an ugly bird. Quarter finals of the CL is a more noteworthy achievement than winning the Europa.

I agree with this. Our back four looked sham logic, our midfield neither creative nor protective, and our forwards utterly toothless. Brad was the only player that can hold his head up tonight. Pitiful display from everyone else.

There was only one class player on the field tonight. Dyplianenko (?) tore us a new one.

However, we are only one down, have another chance in the home leg and will field a stronger team. I agree with TS rotation policy and hope not many of these start against Norwich. Townsend was particularly disappointing. I thought this would be his stage, and he totally fluffed his lines. Something looked wrong with him, he seemed to have lost a couple of yards of pace. Don't know why this should be.

As you know, pre-season I was utterly convinced he'd be gone as the knock on him was he just didn't have enough. He obviously worked damn hard to not only force himself back into reckoning but to force himself into the first team, and prove me wrong. What we're seeing now is how he responds to the pressure of return after a big injury. I think he is lacking match fitness and needs to click his head back to where it was before. Top top players can do this within a game of returning from injury, the next levelers need a few weeks to find their stride.

As you know, pre-season I was utterly convinced he'd be gone as the knock on him was he just didn't have enough. He obviously worked damn hard to not only force himself back into reckoning but to force himself into the first team, and prove me wrong. What we're seeing now is how he responds to the pressure of return after a big injury. I think he is lacking match fitness and needs to click his head back to where it was before. Top top players can do this within a game of returning from injury, the next levelers need a few weeks to find their stride.

a young player, first full season in the PL, a player that relies on pace and is coming back from a hamstring injury that kept him out for a long while. Of course its gonna take a bit of time for him to get back into the swing of things

we were ****e last night. the lack of away goal will be a problem imo. I think we will win the home leg but only 2-1 and that wont be enough now

Back