• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

****OMT*****Tottenham Hotspur vs. Chelsea, Saturday 8th March 5:30pm

If you chop your arm off then you cant actually feel pain in your arm anymore. Spurs have ripped my heart out so often that I cant even feel the pain of humiliation like this anymore. I have no heart left to feel the pain. Thanks Spurs - hope your proud of what you have done.

I feel this way, tbh, whats the point in getting ****ed off about? With the red, we had no chance, turn off the game and do something else positive. Maybe when I was younger I'd watch through gritted teeth, but not now. Let move on to the next game as we can learn little here. I dont feel humiliated, like the City game at WHL, we are playing teams with resources far beyond what ours will ever be and then playing them with 1 man down and maybe them with 1 more. We beat the scum next week and all will be forgotten.

I want us to go all out in the europa now tbh.

Totally agree. Said it after Norwich, and even moreso now, I dont think it will matter if we finish 5th,6th or 7th, we will probably still be in the Europa League anyway, so might as well try to priortise now

I'm sick to death of Vertonghan thinking he's actually better than he is. The blokejjust strolls around looking like he's doing us a favour playing for us.

I'd rather we still had Caulker playing for us than him. I say feck him off to Spain for mega bucks and invest the money in someone who looks like he cares!

Not sure I expected us to win but that was comical in the end. No other club would let Demba Ba score twice against them. Penalty decision was a joke and the red card even more so.

As a club, it just feels so direction less at the moment. I'm not blaming Sherwood. Obviously knows he is only going to be in charge until the end of the season. We have so many weak players at the club it is untrue. It is not quite as depressing as 03/04 and the summer of 08 but it is getting that way

And there you have the logical conclusion to AVB's desire to create a team without personalities. It was in itself not an ignoble pursuit: a desire to create a side which would obey the law laid down by the manager and look to him for guidance while at the same time forming a relentless team ethic amongst themselves. Essentially, it was a mini-Porto he was hoping to build, one free from the headstrong personalities that dogged him throughout his time at Chelsea.

He succeeded: he created a team that has no will other than what the manager gives them. The problem is that he himself did not have any answers when the team started struggling and looked to him for guidance: and shorn of that guidance, instead of fighting for each other, all this bunch of mentally fragile shirkers decided to do was retreat into collective abdication of responsibility for their failures, blaming everyone but themselves for their mistakes and bad performances while hiding behind the shadow provided by 'the team'.

Porto succeeded because his players were both mentally strong and subservient to his designs: able to both carry out his instructions seamlessly and fight for each other to the last drop of sweat, to concentrate for the entire ninety minutes, to never give up. His Spurs of 2013/2014 failed because the entire team of 25 were mentally useless, weak and unable to concentrate for even 45 minutes, never mind the full 90, so that whenever the team as a whole went 1-0 down, all semblance of composure vanished and they collectively collapsed into a useless bunch of spineless shirkers more often than not.

Sherwood inherited that mess. And he gave his players freedom and authority on the field, something AVB would have been loath to do. But in terms of providing on-pitch direction and leadership, there was no one left: AVB had made sure of that. So essentially, he created a mentally fragile team that, while appealing when they were in control, would collapse more often than not when things went against them. And today, we saw the full range of mishaps our team is capable of producing as a result of this strange collision of team philosophies. Kaboul tying his damn laces while Verts was desperately searching for an out ball. Walker heading back to the grateful Demba Ba and then just screaming angrily at his team-mates for not being there to receive his ridiculously bad back-pass. The team as a whole giving up after the second goal went in. No one protesting when Kaboul was sent off but Kaboul himself.

An abdication of individual responsibility and team coordination in favour of hiding behind collective responsiblity but not actually working as a team when it matters.

We gave Chelsea everything they wanted today, without them needing to do anything to get it. An utter, utter disgrace, from start to finish, and no one walking off that pitch today is exempt from this. No one.

In the summer, bring someone like Van Gaal in to bring iron discipline into this side. Weed out anyone who can't hack it. Bring in players who aren't used to hiding behind the team for their own failures. Spare no one if they look uninterested, unaware of not switched on for the full ninety minutes. Bring in someone like Van Gaal to give this side a spine it currently lacks.

The alternative is carrying on with Tim (Who was unlucky today, to be fair) but finding someone like Roy Keane to lead the side from the front, someone who won't take the sort of lackadaisical bull**** we saw today. But that is easier said than done: the age of Keanes and Vieras, it seems, has passed. Ergo, bringing in Van Gaal seems to be the easier (and perhaps the only) option.

But make no mistake, kicking these players up their minted behinds is something that desperately needs to be done. For their own good, and for the club's future.

And as for this season, at least league-wise? That was over before this game began. Coast through the last nine games and, if anything, hope that at the very least they don't lose 4-0 every week. That's the best we can do. Our only hope for some glory is in Europe: if these lads have any pride left, they'd do well to remember that.

What a season this one is turning out to be.

Last edited:
the lack of character is disturbing

other than Daws we are a bunch of pussies, folded as soon as the first went in

haven't seen that many heads drop so quickly since brazzers live

I'm sick to death of Vertonghan thinking he's actually better than he is. The blokejjust strolls around looking like he's doing us a favour playing for us.

I'd rather we still had Caulker playing for us than him. I say feck him off to Spain for mega bucks and invest the money in someone who looks like he cares!

I kind of feel the same way to be honest. Modric and Bale knew they were too good for us but they played to their best right to the end, in Vertonghen's mind he's already gone. Good thing I'm a big Vlad fan otherwise I'd be worried.

I really agree. I didn't think we'd get top 4 under AVB. I didn't and don't think we'll get it under Sherwood. There's a good chance we'll finish 6th so why not try for a trophy? WIll be very difficult of course but we should certainly be putting out our best teams.

Yep and I would also play players that want to be with us next season, drop Lloris and verts, they say they will be off if we do not get top 4, well **** them. Lets give players that will play for the future the chance to settle so I hope to see more of Eriksen and Lamela. We really need to look for some defenders in the summer because dawson is past it, verts wants out and Kaboul is a crock.

I've been watching Spurs since I was six. I'm now fifty two and I have never known a club to sustain such a long run of bad luck. The sixties, seventies and eighties were okay, but since then, anything that could go wrong has gone wrong. At key moments in crucial games there is always a turning point that favours our opposition. I really think someone should perform an exorcism at WHL.

In fairness, it has never been about luck. We have had a decent amount of money to spend than the likes of similar sized clubs like Villa and Everton, but have been really useless in how we go about spending this despite directors of football etc. There were crucial times in years gone by that had we spent a few million more we could have reached a higher level, but we procastinated and waited and got screwed over. Luck is an easy thing to blame when things go wrong....

After that interview....

I want tim to be our manager into next season...

So hurt he could hardly speak. Let him ship those out that we are carrying...he clearly doesnt trust some of them like I dont.

such a refreshing interview

And there you have the logical conclusion to AVB's desire to create a team without personalities. It was in itself not an ignoble pursuit: a desire to create a side which would obey the law laid down by the manager and look to him for guidance while at the same time forming a relentless team ethic amongst themselves. Essentially, it was a mini-Porto he was hoping to build, one free from the headstrong personalities that dogged him throughout his time at Chelsea.

He succeeded: he created a team that has no will other than what the manager gives them. The problem is that he himself did not have any answers when the team started struggling and looked to him for guidance: and shorn of that guidance, instead of fighting for each other, all this bunch of mentally fragile shirkers decided to do was retreat into collective abdication of responsibility for their failures, blaming everyone but themselves for their mistakes and bad performances while hiding behind the shadow provided by 'the team'.

Porto succeeded because his players were both mentally strong and subservient to his designs: able to both carry out his instructions seamlessly and fight for each other to the last drop of sweat, to concentrate for the entire ninety minutes, to never give up. His Spurs of 2013/2014 failed because the entire team of 25 were mentally useless, weak and unable to concentrate for even 45 minutes, never mind the full 90, so that whenever the team as a whole went 1-0 down, all semblance of composure vanished and they collectively collapsed into a useless bunch of spineless shirkers more often than not.

Sherwood inherited that mess. And he gave his players freedom and authority on the field, something AVB would have been loath to do. But in terms of providing on-pitch direction and leadership, there was no one left: AVB had made sure of that. So essentially, he created a mentally fragile team that, while appealing when they were in control, would collapse more often than not when things went against them. And today, we saw the full range of mishaps our team is capable of producing as a result of this strange collision of team philosophies. Kaboul tying his damn laces while Verts was desperately searching for an out ball. Walker heading back to the grateful Demba Ba and then just screaming angrily at his team-mates for not being there to receive his ridiculously bad back-pass. The team as a whole giving up after the second goal went in. No one protesting when Kaboul was sent off but Kaboul himself.

An abdication of individual responsibility and team coordination in favour of hiding behind collective responsiblity but not actually working as a team when it matters.

We gave Chelsea everything they wanted today, without them needing to do anything to get it. An utter, utter disgrace, from start to finish, and no one walking off that pitch today is exempt from this. No one.

In the summer, bring someone like Van Gaal in to bring iron discipline into this side. Weed out anyone who can't hack it. Bring in players who aren't used to hiding behind the team for their own failures. Spare no one if they look uninterested, unaware of not switched on for the full ninety minutes. Bring in someone like Van Gaal to give this side a spine it currently lacks.

The alternative is carrying on with Tim (Who was unlucky today, to be fair) but finding someone like Roy Keane to lead the side from the front, someone who won't take the sort of lackadaisical bull**** we saw today. But that is easier said than done: the age of Keanes and Vieras, it seems, has passed. Ergo, bringing in Van Gaal seems to be the easier (and perhaps the only) option.

But make no mistake, kicking these players up their minted behinds is something that desperately needs to be done. For their own good, and for the club's future.

And as for this season, at least league-wise? That was over before this game began. Coast through the last nine games and, if anything, hope that at the very least they don't lose 4-0 every week. That's the best we can do. Our only hope for some glory is in Europe: if these lads have any pride left, they'd do well to remember that.

What a season this one is turning out to be.

Great post.

AVB created a team that would be submissive to a domineering manager. But now we've been left rudderless.

Can we please stop passing the ball back to Lloris, in future games, it doesn't end well :(

Won't be a problem at the end of the season when he goes.

In the last few weeks my opinion of him keeps changing, but right now I dont think I would give one anymore if he does. He seems to be morphing into Gomes. Some good saves are being outweighed by his abysmal distribution and the urge to rush out of goal too much

I've been watching Spurs since I was six. I'm now fifty two and I have never known a club to sustain such a long run of bad luck. The sixties, seventies and eighties were okay, but since then, anything that could go wrong has gone wrong. At key moments in crucial games there is always a turning point that favours our opposition. I really think someone should perform an exorcism at WHL.

Murphy's Law. I'm the same age mate. I'm starting to despair now, even after all these years of eternal optimism. I really wonder if we have some sort of curse like this over us:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Curse_of_the_Billy_Goat

Its a shame it sounds like he burnt his bridges with us. I would have him back in a shot. He knows where the goal is too!

Great fooking press conference Tim exactly what I want to see.

As much as I don't particularly like Sherwood I will say that he has just said the things that we are all probably thinking. I think that's just cost him the dressing room, but fair play to him. My point about Vertonghan summed up by the manager!

Back