• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

****OMT*****Tottenham Hotspur vs. Chelsea, Saturday 8th March 5:30pm

In terms of this season i will agree but i don't think we've bought a bunch of duds - the 'failing' is buying too many players who need time to adapt in one go meaning the settling in process increases which results in a squad hugely unfamiliar with each other. Individually i think we have signed good players and id be surprised if the majority don't end up becoming valuable squad members in the future should they stay beyond the summer.

Imo Nogoaldado, Invisibilinho and Ghastli are duds. Lamela, Eriksen and Chiriches have potential and should be retained and Capoue is decent but really wasn't needed.

We've got a lopsided squad and we're nearly at the end of the season and we still don't know our best X1 or formation.

I didn't quite know what to make of the interview.
I agreed 100% with what he said but maybe it was the manner in which he said it.
I really respect that this really matters to him and the club really matters, but it did remind me of a Brian Robson interview, where there was a part of you that wanted to give him a hug and set him up with a good psychotherapist.

Just seen the interview rather than reading it. That bit in the middle that he can count on a reaction for some and not others. Very interesting.

As I said, not a Tim fan, but his passion and straight-talking is winning me over.

I want to see a Spurs manager who cares, and it may sound daft, but I would rather see 11 decent players (I'm sorry, but preferably British too) who want to play for the club and really care, rather than 11 so-called stars who come over for a pay cheque and dont really care whether we win or lose.

Yes,the better players may give you a better chance of winning trophies or finishing 4th, but I want to see my team playing for the shirt and love of the club

Imo Nogoaldado, Invisibilinho and Ghastli are duds. Lamela, Eriksen and Chiriches have potential and should be retained and Capoue is decent but really wasn't needed.

We've got a lopsided squad and we're nearly at the end of the season and we still don't know our best X1 or formation.

Disagree mate think paulinho and soldado have the quality but need to step up. Agree on Chadli and add Siggy I'm afraid although I like him. Capoue is a waste of space really says something that he doesn't even feature on the bench.

Blimey mate I did not get THAT from what he said. Tbh I am really pleased he feels angry after that display, but I hope it doesn't overshadow his preparations for a big week coming up.

He said there were some players at the club that he couldn't rely on. Doesn't get much clearer than that!

=D>

I'm joining the keep Tim phalanx. I'm throwing my lot in with the mighty Sherwood.

He's a winner I'm convinced. Give him time and backing and I'll think he'll turn us into winners too.

I've seen enough to make me think he should get the job. At the end of the day FdB's Ajax just got buttfuucked by Salzburg. Is he really a better bet than Tim?

I like him and think he has something about him. He'd rip the ***** mutherfuuckers out the club in the summer. I think it could be a winner.

What have you seen other than sad cow eyes and a frog in the throat after each and every loss?

"Some I can rely on and others I can't." He knows. Unfortunately that speech sounded like a man who has his hands tied behind his back. I'll bet he is referring to some of the 'big names' who cannot be dropped.

To be fair, none of the summer signings started so I am not sure its that.

I just think he knows who is off in summer and probably doesnt give a fig either way (and I think we know who two of them are), and he probably knows who he cant rely on because they bascially just are not good enough in the first place (and I think we all have our opinions on who they might be too)

"Some I can rely on and others I can't." He knows. Unfortunately that speech sounded like a man who has his hands tied behind his back. I'll bet he is referring to some of the 'big names' who cannot be dropped.

Huh, bizarre. Considering all the players we bought in the summer for 100m aren't getting a look in. Lamela, Soldado, Paulinho are our 3 record singings...!?!?!

Whether Tim is the right man to take us forward I've yet to decide, but those comments needed to be said and I respect him for his candour. He may well have blown any chance of managing the team next season depending on reactions to those comments above and below him, but after the way too many of our players have performed this season and comments made to the press, I hope a few of them have their heads hung in shame.

Well done Tim Sherwood. =D>

Précis

That too many of the players are friends, scared to say anything to their team mates in case they fall out. Not enough characters. He's already gonad*ed them before the post match interview and he won't be forgetting this game by the time the bus gets back to Whl. He said he could not accept a capitulation like that. Oh and the pen was not a pen.
This.
Before the scum - Everton game they interviewed flamini and Vieira and they both picked up on the lack of character as an explanation for 9 years of failure. We have gutsy players, sandro, Kaboul, Daws, even Lennon with his defensive play, but a talker, someone who will not accept sub standard, someone who respects the club.
Look at mertersacker after the battering they got at city, grabbing players that were walking off the pitch without sayingthankyou to the away support, I hate to say it but that is class.
I really think we desperately need a leader, gobby **** who can get nasty when its needed.

I want to know who is to blame for a lack of movement, the slow build up play, the poor decision making, the **** **** **** delivery of corners, the lack of motivation in the players and our lack of signings in the jan window if this crop are so ****?

Why let Defoe go too if soldado is a dud? This is not all about bottlers, **** players etc. This is about the ethos currently at the club. How I wish I could go back two seasons and forgive Harry his misgivings after the England job bollox. He gave us the direction we have lost!

The mentality of this club is one of failure and it is so apparent even in us fans. It makes me sick!

I'd rather someone who doesn't care but is at least competent at their job.

Someone who cares and is good would be better, but for the meantime Timmeh going home crying like the rest of us doesn't make us any more likely to win matches.

weve had the logic....we need the heart......I do agree with Tim....you have to show some fight to succeed ..not Fecking capiltulate...

having said that.....Does Tim have the knowledge to bring in the right players...full circle..having said that...LOL
we have some of the right players.....but ...NO ...fecking BOTTLE...................

Huh, bizarre. Considering all the players we bought in the summer for 100m aren't getting a look in. Lamela, Soldado, Paulinho are our 3 record singings...!?!?!

They dont have to be record signings, just players with big reputations, but maybe you are right. I think the selection of Bentlab is a sign of this. He trusts that if anything, the kid will give a full blooded effort when some of the others wont. Who knows, maybe this is why Lamela went back to Argentina. Anyway it's all speculation on my part, but there was something in his tone and choice of words.

Embarrassing... WHY?! Other utter xenophobia?!!

I dont agree with the foreign imports playing in the EPL, I think there should be a cap, like Rugby League, I beleive its why the national team is suffering.
I dont agree with British players in the Spanish/German/Italian league either, works both ways.

I thought we were well set up today. It just came down to individual mistakes.

What about the last few games though? Do you think the performances have been good enough? I would have to say that I do not. Today's first half was a long way towards the right way to play but we still lacked something up front when it mattered, we still didn't have a clue what to do when we were in good positions. Yes the mistakes were costly but the manger's coaching team work with these players week in week out and yet we still cannot pass like we used to or move off the ball. You cannot say that TS is not to blame for this. It is his job to get us to do these things.

Some of you saying we could win the Europa League, wake up. If we're not good enough for Top 4 then we're not good enough to win a cup competition, not with defending like ours. We haven't gone past the quarter finals in any European competition since the 80s. You have to be able to nick tight games in the Europa just like you have to in the CL.

Embarrassing... WHY?! Other utter xenophobia?!!

Xenophobia my ****. We're not a world-renowned club every young boy dreams of playing for: we're well known in England, but not that well known internationally. Therefore, there is a greater chance that a player from England would have a connection with the club that a foreign player would not, simply because players in England would have grown up at least hearing about the likes of Hoddle, Lineker and Gascoigne, something that cannot be said for foreign players. If Barca decide to create a team of Barca fans they have the luxury of being able to look across the world for players simply because of their global appeal: everyone has heard about the likes of Cruyff, Ronaldinho and Messi. The same cannot be said for us, making acquiring English players a sensible way to at least gain a greater chance of one of them having an attachment to the club.

Secondly, English players aren't as good as foreign players, full stop. That will change (the new generation of young Englishmen coming through (Carroll, Barkley et al) are at least as skillful as their foreign counter-parts when it comes to technique and ball retention), but for now, it's a fact. Ergo, they are less likely to be courted by a top club like Madrid or Bayern, which will give them a greater chance of staying with us than a foreign player would have. And even if they do turn out to be good, English players are usually overpriced in the market anyway, which should further put off any potential suitors from making an approach.

Ideally, I would want the majority of any match-day eleven to come from our youth system. That is my dream. It doesn't matter if they're all Belgian or Congolese or Ukrainian, as long as those six players (out of eleven) have come through the youth ranks of our club, learned about our traditions and history, and owe their professional careers to the care and guidance of the staff at our club alone. That would engender true loyalty, I feel... and that would give me the greatest satisfaction I could hope to have. But until then, wanting more Englishmen in the side is a logical reaction to a game that is fast losing its appeal to a whole lot of people by way of its sordid impermanence and rush to grab whatever dollar it is offered. It isn't xenophobic in any way, shape or form.

Back