• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur vs Aston Villa ***

If you want to be amused/astonished/angered, behold this new instance of sub-intelligence from Gabby Agbonlahor as he claims McGinn shouldn't have been sent off.
Goldstein's just giving him rope to hang himself here.

And that's already more than he's ever scored in a whole season at the top level.

Do you think that, at 28, he's suddenly become a Son level player out of nowhere? Or is he (as I intimated) having a ridiculous stand out season with the rest of his club that they are unlikely ever to repeat?
I think Emery has improved him as a player, his movement is far better now than before Emery was at Villa.

Quite rare for players to improve by such a huge margin this late in their career isn't it?

Not impossible, just very rare. The odds would be overwhelmingly leaning towards a single stand out season.
I think he improved last season and has continued to improve this season. This is only his 4th season in the PL so not particularly unusual for him to still be improving.

I think he improved last season and has continued to improve this season. This is only his 4th season in the PL so not particularly unusual for him to still be improving.
4rh PL season but his 11th as a pro.

That would make him a remarkably late developer. Again, not impossible but very rare.

Watkins is 28 years old. I am not sure whether it would be wise to spend a huge amount of money on him given our current recruitment policies. He does have a lot of similarities with Solanke IMO, albeit Watkins has slightly better stats. Solanke is 26 and perhaps teachable still, Watkins is 28 and presumably in his prime prime. I think I'd rather our scouts were looking for younger alternatives in the 25-30range, whilst also keeping an eye on Lankshear as a player potentially ready for drafting into the set-up over the next 12-18 months.

Watkins is 28 years old. I am not sure whether it would be wise to spend a huge amount of money on him given our current recruitment policies. He does have a lot of similarities with Solanke IMO, albeit Watkins has slightly better stats. Solanke is 26 and perhaps teachable still, Watkins is 28 and presumably in his prime prime. I think I'd rather our scouts were looking for younger alternatives in the 25-30range, whilst also keeping an eye on Lankshear as a player potentially ready for drafting into the set-up over the next 12-18 months.
We shouldn’t go for Watkins, I agree
But we should also recognise the guy can play
TBF… he will probably have 4 years left and maybe more at the top so he could potentially be a value signing even at a high fee if he takes us up a notch. But I don’t see them selling or us buying

But after 90min with Arsenal - porto… how the f%}^# are they top of the League???????

9 players out with injuries that cost more than 3 games all season (vs. ~17 players with Spurs, ~ 16 for Liverpool) and City being inconsistent.

And with all of that, with 600M+ spent, manager in 4th year, building on a 2nd place last season, they are 11 points (with our game in hand and us to play them, genuinely feel that will be the largest the gap gets) ahead of Spurs on a total rebuild season with the worst injury crisis I've ever seen the club have.

We shouldn’t go for Watkins, I agree
But we should also recognise the guy can play
TBF… he will probably have 4 years left and maybe more at the top so he could potentially be a value signing even at a high fee if he takes us up a notch. But I don’t see them selling or us buying

He's good but I feel we can do better for the money they'd want?

He's good but I feel we can do better for the money they'd want?
Prem tax
It does have value
Unless your going for potential your still gonna be paying £60m upwards now for anyone
Personally… I’d look at the wide fewer options and see what we can do with the younger players we have
Players come through all the time across the world
Toney would be one of seriously look at. Scores, creates and stays fit. But… he has his eyes elsewhere IMO

Prem tax
It does have value
Unless your going for potential your still gonna be paying £60m upwards now for anyone
Personally… I’d look at the wide fewer options and see what we can do with the younger players we have
Players come through all the time across the world
Toney would be one of seriously look at. Scores, creates and stays fit. But… he has his eyes elsewhere IMO

I'd love lutaro martinez. Younger than both toney and watkins. Inter in financial difficulties aswell.

Back