• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT -- TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs ARSENAL -- OMT ***

And if there ever was a game suited for Dempsey, this would be it. Although being poor in the footballing department, he has a physical presence and he isn't (wasn't) afraid to go a bit dirty. The team least able to take a bullying (apart from us) is Arsenal. Parker, Sandro and Dempsey would harrass them straight off the park.

His natural position is CB so he's out of position playing LB and DM. He's played quite a few games as a DM for previous club and country just as he's also played as a LB so i don't really see how one can be considered out of position but the other is not.

Would +1, but apparently i can't. :p

Reading through this thread I am stunned so many people appear not to want Defoe to start on Saturday, especially as I see him at the moment to be the one Spurs player more likely to score than any other at the moment

Reading through this thread I am stunned so many people appear not to want Defoe to start on Saturday, especially as I see him at the moment to be the one Spurs player more likely to score than any other at the moment

Yes, but he's the second most likely to be invisible. (As we'll only have one AM on the pitch)

The way we are both playing, wouldn't be surprised at a draw or we lose by a goal. If we get Dembele back, we could even knick it.

I'm worried we'll get turned over some of our players look spent already due to lack of rotation. Nov/Dec is going to be tough lots of London derbies along with the Merseyside teams.

His natural position is CB so he's out of position playing LB and DM. He's played quite a few games as a DM for previous club and country just as he's also played as a LB so i don't really see how one can be considered out of position but the other is not.

No im agreeing, he isnt out of position because he plays there for Belgium, but he just isnt good enough defensively to play there for us, he needs to be playing CB...

No im agreeing, he isnt out of position because he plays there for Belgium, but he just isnt good enough defensively to play there for us, he needs to be playing CB...

Yeh i think he's a better cb for sure BUT i will say in an attacking sense he's been brilliant at LB. Defensively though he doesn't look very good in 1 on 1 situations at LB.

Yeh i think he's a better cb for sure BUT i will say in an attacking sense he's been brilliant at LB. Defensively though he doesn't look very good in 1 on 1 situations at LB.

I felt sorry for him Sunday. We could see even from our limited perspective, that he was tired and getting no help second-half thus getting caned over and over by Maicon. Shows us what Benny deals with week in week out!

JUST thought of this...imagine if AVB had decoded to counter the Maicon sub by putting Bale at LB? WOuld've been very very interesting...bale clearly had the beating of him again when given a chance, perhaps nullifying him from deep would've also given him a chance to break into more space? Hmmm...it's only taken me 48 hours to come up with this LOL!!!!!

Is Dembele in the frame for this match does anyone know? [-o<

Assuming he is I'd go with...

-----------------Lloris-------------------
Walker---Dawson---Vertoghen----Naughton
-----------Sandro-----Dembele-----------
Lennon------------Ade--------------Bale
------------------Defoe-----------------

Is Dembele in the frame for this match does anyone know? [-o<

Assuming he is I'd go with...

-----------------Lloris-------------------
Walker---Dawson---Vertoghen----Naughton
-----------Sandro-----Dembele-----------
Lennon------------Ade--------------Bale
------------------Defoe-----------------

100% disagree with your centre-back pairing, up against the likes of Walcott & Ox-Chamberlain they would get completely roasted.

100% disagree with your centre-back pairing, up against the likes of Walcott & Ox-Chamberlain they would get completely roasted.

Gallas has been poor. Caulker for Dawson may be a debatable but I think I'd prefer the experience considering our recent string of late collapses. For me Vertonghen is our best available CB at the moment. He is having a mare at LB where he certainly would be more exposed to pace, as we have just seen versus City.

Its all opinions though. How about sharing yours on who our CB paring should be?

Gallas has been poor. Caulker for Dawson may be a debatable but I think I'd prefer the experience considering our recent string of late collapses. For me Vertonghen is our best available CB at the moment. He is having a mare at LB where he certainly would be more exposed to pace, as we have just seen versus City.

Its all opinions though. How about sharing yours on who our CB paring should be?

Gallas hasnt been great but does often raise his game in the "big ones", this weekend doesnt get much bigger so I wouldnt be as worried to see him start as I would if I saw Dawson. Any chance of BAE playing??

I would probably go with;

Walker Caulker Gallas/Vertonghen Naughton

Dembele is very good but he ain't so good we can't cope without him. We had the same (unwarranted IMO) reactions about Palacios and Parker being injured.

We havent done too well without him so far!!!

Hudd is having a shocking time at present because he is not providing the team what Dembele does when he plays.

Sandro is having to cover the entire midfield himself at times, he is basically protecting the defense on his own when Hudd is with him.

If its Wheelchair, Carzola & Arteta v Sandro at the weekend then to me there is only one winner there.

We havent done too well without him so far!!!

Hudd is having a shocking time at present because he is not providing the team what Dembele does when he plays.

Sandro is having to cover the entire midfield himself at times, he is basically protecting the defense on his own when Hudd is with him.

If its Wheelchair, Carzola & Arteta v Sandro at the weekend then to me there is only one winner there.

Hudd is not having a shocking time. He has provided the crosses for 2 goals and contributed to general good play. (Edit: Just been selected for England)
We have narrowly lost to the ECL and EPL winners and to Wigan who beat United and Arsenal and were robbed of a win against Chelsea in the latter half of last season.
We have played 11 games this season and scored 17 points. That is about the same as our last 11 games last season.
Things aren't going our way ATM but the tide will turn.
You think we are a poor side about to be trashed by Arsenal. I don't agree.

Last edited:
Hudd is not having a shocking time. He has provided the crosses for 2 goals and contributed to general good play. (Edit: Just been selected for England)
We have narrowly lost to the ECL and EPL winners and to Wigan who beat United and Arsenal and were robbed of a win against Chelsea in the latter half of last season.
We have played 11 games this season and scored 17 points. That is about the same as our last 11 games last season.
Things aren't going our way ATM but the tide will turn.
You think we are a poor side about to be trashed by Arsenal. I don't agree.

For real? That has absolutely nothing to do with his overall performance for us. It's quite simple, he has not been playing well this season and is nowhere the form of his prime. And even that might not be good enough.

If BAE isn't fit, and Walker gets rested, this might be a moment to play 3-5-2 against their 4-3-3? I am scared of Verts at LB...if BAE is unfit I'd rather play a back three of Gallas Caulker Vertonghen with Lennon, Sandro sitting deep in front of the back three (effectively becoming an extra defender if need be) Bale, Carroll,

Lloris

Gallas, Caulker, Verts

Sandro

Lennon Dembele/Hudd Bale

Carroll

Ade Defoe

Frankly, unless they've worked on that earlier in the season, the international week pretty much means we will see the same shape as before with whoever's fit!!!!!
But I think the above side would give the goons trouble. It would require our 'wide men' to be prodigious in their work, but would give us the extra in midfield and allow Carroll space to operate...

Anyway...

The default 'we're closing the gap' comment - someone had to do it

Tottenham assistant boss Steffen Freund believes the club are closing on Arsenal

Last Updated: November 13, 2012 8:57pm

"We are definitely in a better position.

"In my time they used to be involved in the title race every year and we finished ninth or 10th.

"That has changed now. We are really close to our biggest rival."

This is arguably the first season in a while that neither team can consider themselves genuine title challengers.

That does not seem to have quashed Freund's passion surrounding Saturday's meeting at the Emirates Stadium, and the overall rivalry between the two sides though.

"It would be great to finish above Arsenal," said Freund, who played 120 times for Tottenham. "It would be a great experience for me too because it has never happened for me in the past.

"I can't wait for that game. It's a special game.

"There are only two of these games every season."

Despite his desire to get one over on Tottenham's neighbours on Saturday, Freund does not subscribe to the theory that Arsene Wenger's star is fading.

The Gunners have endured another miserable start to the season, but Freund still admires the Arsenal boss.

"He is doing a fantastic job," said the German.

"Arsenal have played Champions League every year and that is a lot of money for the club. That makes it a lot easier for them to buy players."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/...eund-believes-the-club-are-closing-on-Arsenal

Last edited:
Back