• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT -- TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs ARSENAL -- OMT ***

he usually plays brick against them so probably you think he's injured because he doesnt do anything? I don't actually think he played 1 minute against them last season though, so you may be on to something

He didn't play when we beat them 2-1 in 09/10 either. I'm not sure he played against them in the away game either. He also didn't play when we beat them 3-2 at the Emirates.

Another defeat looms I think. Can't see us getting anything here, we can get on track with 2 wins at home against West Ham and Liverpool.

3-0 Arsenal methinks.

He didn't play when we beat them 2-1 in 09/10 either. I'm not sure he played against them in the away game either. He also didn't play when we beat them 3-2 at the Emirates.

I'm sure he played in the 3-2 game? then Defoe replaced him at half time and we won?

Another defeat looms I think. Can't see us getting anything here, we can get on track with 2 wins at home against West Ham and Liverpool.

3-0 Arsenal methinks.

Would have said se about city but we hardly got embarrassed. No one can ever predict a NLD

Would have said se about city but we hardly got embarrassed. No one can ever predict a NLD

True but I have grave concerns about the ability of our team at the moment to stay resolute in the face of pressure. Our last game there was a disaster and I am sure that will play on our mind at little. If we come away with something then it will be a pleasant and welcome surprise.

As for City not embarrassing us, its a valid point. We embarrassed ourselves imo. As poor and weak a performance I have seen against a top side for ages.

Last edited:
Started my first game on Football Manager 2013 last night and it has taken me hours to get tactics and training spot on, we didn't have the best of pre-seasons, conceding goals to nothing teams but winning or drawing so I was a bit sceptical about my opening game, which just happens to be the North London Derby against Arsenal..

They took the lead through Giroud, brilliant finish too after Gareth Bale was sent off for a poor late tackle on Sagna. I took Willian off at half time (unfit) and brought on Dempsey and put him left midfield to fill the void left by Bales sending off. We equalised minutes into the second half through Adebayor but they took the lead again 25 minutes from time, Cazorlas free kick off the crossbar and onto Girouds head.

Adebayor got his second and the equaliser 10 minutes from time after a brilliant through ball from Lennon saw him round the keeper and tuck away into the empty net. With 2 minutes to go plus stoppage time, Vertonghen goes on a great run through the middle of the field and plays it wide to Dempsey who cuts in and beats Szcezney at the near post to win the game 3-2!!!

I'd love this at the weekend.

Can someone provide me with ammo. Got an Ipswich mate telling me he's gutted Luongo got sent back but doesn't mind cos they might be getting Frimpong instead! WTF.. he's not having that Frimpong is a massive knobhead!

Can someone provide me with ammo. Got an Ipswich mate telling me he's gutted Luongo got sent back but doesn't mind cos they might be getting Frimpong instead! WTF.. he's not having that Frimpong is a massive knobhead!

Tell him to YouTube 'soft with the ladies...'

Another early game on Saturday, we lost the previous two against Chelsea and United so I'm expecting another loss here. Cazorla is in Panama on Wednesday as well so he'll be rubber ducked coming into this game.

They'll turn up full of confidence and fight whereas we're starting to see more and more of our players slowly lose what little confidence they had to begin with, they'll kill us on the flanks and in set pieces, if AVB is worth his money, he'll put 1 yid **** on arteta and another one on cazorla and totally shut us down. Really don't see how we're going to get anything from this, maybe we have some chance at attacking set pieces but then again, whatever we can/will score, you can ******* bet our defending will undo everything.

Spurs have players in their team to absolutely annihilate us. Watching us at the the moment is something you have to endure rather than enjoy. That's football I guess

Hmm, I always feel that way watching Arsenal.

They turned up full of confidence last season with a 10 point lead and we ****** them up. Get a grip guys it's us against them and its not like they have been in amazing form themselves having lost at home to Wigan recently. Please let's not shame ourselves by being afraid of the *****.

dont know what to think but we should must beat them. i cant stand AVB bale and the whole spuds.

Spurs have mobility all over the pitch, first off Podolski can't afford to give away his silly fouls because they are a product of laziness and Bale has a wicked delivery which will have our defence sh*tting itself. Spurs will probably be better at pressing Arteta and Cazorla than most teams, so Wenger will need to have a plan to combat that but you can bet it will be the same formation rolled out again next week.

It is disgusting that we have sunk so low to regularly fear these despicable c.unts.

But we will lose this I am sure. Pathetic team.

Would this be the lowest point in Wengers reign if we lost? Backs to wall stuff.

I think it would have to be. Not only would it be our worst start to a League campaign (it already is), but the pathetic performances we're turning in only exacerbates the pain. A loss to Tottenham would be a catastrophe, 4th would really be a struggle.

Was hoping there would be some sort of revolt by the fans at the stadium - thought many seats were empty yesterday as well. But then again, this is the NLD, maybe next match.

just to check, did anyone else see that there were plenty of empty seats during the game? Tell you what though, tactical incompetence and squad deficiencies wenger and co will not notice but no bums on seats, pretty sure the cronies at the top would've noticed that.

Still, pretty sure it'll be full house for this game but you can bet sooner or later, the crowd at the emirates will start to thin out, you can't charge premium sums of money for a steadily declining product year in year out and have no repercussions whilst your direct rivals are improving theirs.

Going forwards Spurs look at a different level right now and I am quite fearful of their attack. Our attack can be good but you never know whether we will turn up and we are also reliant on mistakes to help us a bit. Difficult to see us winning.

It's a NLD, anything can happen and I'd have us down as favourites. We are better than Spurs. We have better players and a better manager.

That being said if our players don't make an effort/don't realise how important this game is for us I will be fuming.

Spurs haven't looked any better than us. Dempsey is average, Sigurdsson and Lennon the same. Bale is the obvious threat but Sagna will deal with him.

We won't lose to this shower of toss anyway, but I can see more defensive ****-ups on our part.

you sure about that? Don't get me wrong, i hate that shower of **** up the road from us but i'm not entirely sure that we have the better squad at the moment, bar cazorla, Wheelchair & sagna, their other ***** aren't of lesser quality then our lads and they definitely have a more cohesive unit which plays to their strengths at the moment.

ps : if podolski doesn't work his gonad*s off, i won't be looking forward to seeing lennon + walker against our captain down the left.

AVB's tactical plan? High line with little pressing higher up! City got in behind numerous times with simple passes.

Spurs were woeful today, did absolutely nothing and I think it stemmed from the midfield's inability to do anything but break up play, there was nobody starting attacks ala Modric or even Dembele(poor man's Modric), nobody able to bypass pressing and get Spurs attacking. Whereas we were able to do that at City. Spurs' wingers were forced deeper and had few, if any, opportunities to isolate the City full-backs or run into space as City pressed so high up and forced turnovers.

I'm worried about our defenders and GK making errors, but Spurs don't concern me. Also worrying is the fact that it's an early Saturday game after an int'l break, same for both sides granted but we seem to sleepwalk at times in these early kick-offs.

Tottenham today looked poor though, Adebayor and Freidel were probably the only stand out players while Bale was completely nullified.

Sandro and Huddlestone in the midfield is completely void of creativity, Dempsey did literally nothing accept run around the pitch looking for passes.

Vertonghen was getting exposed everytime on the left as Bale didn't cover for him, we seriously need to set up Walcott against him and tell him to knock it past him everytime and cross to Giroud.

Gallas was poor as ever, Giroud should have a field day against him if he gets the right service.

Lennon is a lot more threatening than all of our wingers atm barring Theo. He can actually run at players and create chances/space for crosses, something we desperately need. He's a handfull when he's darting at fullbacks, extremely dynamic on his day.

Aaron Lennon is Spurs' version of Gervinho. Two poor teams with sh*t defenses playing each other. Lots of goals, lots of mistakes and probably a draw. Another 3-3. I just hope Giroud and Podolski will hit the target because them getting in form is our only hope to compete for anything this season.

I deem Sagna to be the best right back in the world. However, he regularly gets raped by Gareth Bale for pace.

For this reason I would play Jenks at RB with Bacary at LB. Jenks has serious athleticism and is quite close to Bale in terms of top speed and physique.

No he does not. He copes with Bale comfortably.

I remember Bale absolutely roasting that Jenkinson at the Lane last year towards the end of the game. He is no where near as quick as Bale

Could be 4-0, 0-4, 4-4. That's why I love the NLD and am really proud of the part we play in it. Always a great game.

But yeah, no thrashing for us this year would be nice....

Could be 4-0, 0-4, 4-4. That's why I love the NLD and am really proud of the part we play in it. Always a great game.

But yeah, no thrashing for us this year would be nice....

Exactly what I said to a gooner mate of mine earlier on today. I think I will have a small punt on 4-4

I watched the Fulham game and Berbs and Ruiz were great but the rest were mediocre. I can't understand why there is not more love for Ade's great skills 1st half against City akin IMO to Berbs vs Arse.
Obviously Ade didn't score but City's defence is better than the Arse.

Back