• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT -- TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs ARSENAL -- OMT ***

What's crucial is that we keep their central midfielders shackled as effectively as City shackled ours. Every time the ball fell to one of our guys, a City player showed up about half a second later and either forced him into playing it long or dispossessed him.

I know that takes a lot of energy, but we'll need to do it. With Dembele back, and a Dembele-Sandro axis, it is possible.

Could we not just swap Gallas and Vertonghen? Gallas has played left back for us and for Chelsea and he'd cope with Walcott's pace better than Verts would. Plus we need big bodies to deal with Giroud's aerial threat.

Agreed, I cannot understand this, he was Chelsea`s left back, he also played there for Le Arse, Vertonghen is a good composed player but gets exposed at FB, the only way he might have a chance is to tell him to stay deeper and dont get forward so much.

Agreed, I cannot understand this, he was Chelsea`s left back, he also played there for Le Arse, Vertonghen is a good composed player but gets exposed at FB, the only way he might have a chance is to tell him to stay deeper and dont get forward so much.

From what I remember, Gallas has always preferred playing CB and never been particularly happy about playing RB or LB, apart from the odd game when absolutely necessary.

Gallas has been in terrible form lately so for Dawson to 'better' that would quite spectacular, bearing in mind he had decent games in his last 2 EL outings.

He deserves a chances based on the fact we look like concedeing every time Gallas is on in the last 4 odd games. Much like Nauhton does with Walker.

Based on him being a better player than Dawson. I've lost count of the number of times Dawson has lost his man or let someone get in behind him. That's my opinion anyway.

But he has been no more than very average at best this season

Gallas has been in terrible form lately so for Dawson to 'better' that would quite spectacular, bearing in mind he had decent games in his last 2 EL outings.

He deserves a chances based on the fact we look like concedeing every time Gallas is on in the last 4 odd games. Much like Nauhton does with Walker.

Very hard to disagree with that mate

Remember Gallas' first season at the club?

He started off slowly and was looking error prone until the Gooners game away where he put in a masterclass performance and won the motm award. From then on he was very good that season. Say what you want about Gallas but he isn't one to hide when the pressure is on him so i'd definately start him away to our biggest rivals.

From what I remember, Gallas has always preferred playing CB and never been particularly happy about playing RB or LB, apart from the odd game when absolutely necessary.

Yeah, he kicked up a stink at both clubs about being played there.

Gallas and Ade has to start this, as does Lloris. The fact that it's Arsenal should be more than enough to see the first two play a blinder. This would be a very good game to start Lloris as Arsenal don't play 'hoof it to the big striker, then fight for scraps'. If AVB is supposed to be overseeing some kind of project for the future, why on earth persist with Friedel?

---------- Lloris
Walker Gallas Caulker Verts
----- Sandro Dembele
Lennon - Dempsey --- Bale
---------- Ade

Possibly Friedel for Lloris and Defoe for Ade if AVB is that way inclined, Hudd for Dembele if he's not fit.

Back