• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT -- TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs ARSENAL -- OMT ***

also, we need to replace Walker. Along with Gallas and Dempsey, he has been horrible this season.

I said the exact opposite actually

But you added a caveat to each player, which I thought meant, reluctantly at this moment in time you'd play Benny.

If Kaboul, Caulker, Gallas and Dawson all fit, would you play Vertonghen at LB or Benny?

Benny, unless Caulker is matching Verts/Kaboul's form at CB

Also - we've seen too little of Naughton to make a proper call, imv. BAE was below average for 2 season before he came through.

Benny, unless Caulker is matching Verts/Kaboul's form at CB

Also - we've seen too little of Naughton to make a proper call, imv. BAE was below average for 2 season before he came through.

Fair point on Naughton, will give him the benefit of the doubt, although in my view, Benny always had huge potential. Naughton looks... well... ok.

So still forget the fact that we NEED Vertonghen in the middle. If it were a straight choice between he and Benny for LB?

Assuming Verts goes to the middle or Verts is dropped all togehter?

Option 1 - BAE starts

Option 2 - BAE rests

Eh? No, straight choice between Vertonghen and Benny at LB.

Say if we have the 2 best Centre backs in the world and don't need Vertonghem at CB. You as a manager have a choice, Vertonghen or Ekotto as your LB. Who would you choose?

Eh? No, straight choice between Vertonghen and Benny at LB.

Say if we have the 2 best Centre backs in the world and don't need Vertonghem at CB. You as a manager have a choice, Vertonghen or Ekotto as your LB. Who would you choose?

I'd choose Bae.

Vertonghen is not a natural left back.

Cool. Personally I cannot wait for Ekotto to come back. One of our best ball players on the park. And as African says he is a play making left back! Will make a huge difference, because quite frankly I'm starting to think Vertonghen is brick at left back.

Cool. Personally I cannot wait for Ekotto to come back. One of our best ball players on the park. And as African says he is a play making left back! Will make a huge difference, because quite frankly I'm starting to think Vertonghen is brick at left back.

There is no such thing and never was. He's an above average LB whose best attribute is centered around his passing range (very good) in turn imroving our overall rhythm and movement substantially - i.e. he makes good use of the ball going forward. Defensively he's suspect and always has been.

Any combination of cenre backs that excludes Gallas works for me. Ideally Vertonghen and Kaboul in the starting 11 if fit. Personally I would have Caulker and Dawson ahead of Gallas and I would be gutted if Gallas gets an extra year

Yet he is first choice left back for his country, funny that

Means nothing tbh. They have Kompany and Vermaelaen who the manager obviously prefers as the cb's so naturally he wouldn't want to leave a player of Vertonghen's talents on the bench so he plays him in a position where he's decent at (lb).

wait BAE is "above average" now? yet a couple of months ago he wasn't good enough for us and should be sold to Southampton (who are currently occupying 19th place in the league)...i'm happy that he's improved since he's been injured.

wait BAE is "above average" now? yet a couple of months ago he wasn't good enough for us and should be sold to Southampton (who are currently occupying 19th place in the league)...i'm happy that he's improved since he's been injured.

A classic example of absence makes the heart grow fonder.

Statto I have a question for you

- do you have statts on games in which we've conceded late (lost the lead) compared to those where we've come from behind to win it? And perhaps compare those to Arsenal and Man Utd?

A classic example of absence makes the heart grow fonder.

Yes hopefully if he's injured for another month he'll be promoted to "slightly better than above average". 2 months and he might even be "a bit better than slightly better than above average".

There is no such thing and never was. He's an above average LB whose best attribute is centered around his passing range (very good) in turn imroving our overall rhythm and movement substantially - i.e. he makes good use of the ball going forward. Defensively he's suspect and always has been.

What does that mean? There is no such thing as a play making left back? Is that what you mean?

Back