• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT -- TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs ARSENAL -- OMT ***

Yes - I don't believe such position exists - he makes clever use of the ball combined with his good passing range - i.e. compare that to Walker for example, etc.

Arc is Vertonghen defensively suspect at left back in your view? Because he has been so far for me. So many crosses come in and he is often beaten one on one, in comparison to Benny who is very good at one on one situations.

hmmmm this is weird. In my mind..

Above average player should play for an above average club so when you claim you want that player gone you would name above average clubs (say for instance Saudi Sportswashing Machine, Fulham etc etc). By specifically naming a team that has just been promoted and looked odds on to go down from the very beginning your goal is not to highlight how "above average" he is but to show how bad he is imo. Back tracking at it's finest.

Anyway there's more quotes that highlight what one's feelings is to BAE and it's certainly doesn't indicate "above average".

Arc is Vertonghen defensively suspect at left back in your view? Because he has been so far for me. So many crosses come in and he is often beaten one on one, in comparison to Benny who is very good at one on one situations.

I beg to differ - his concentration often lets him down

I thought Verts has been above average to good at LB - and offers quite a bit going forward

Yes - I don't believe such position exists - he makes clever use of the ball combined with his good passing range - i.e. compare that to Walker for example, etc.

Position? The position is left back. He makes or initiates several of our plays through that left back position. It's not a magically formed position dude, he's still a left back. But he is the best of our defenders at bringing the ball out of defence. BY FAR.

Position? The position is left back. He makes or initiates several of our plays through that left back position. It's not a magically formed position dude, he's still a left back. But he is the best of our defenders at bringing the ball out of defence. BY FAR.

Until Verts arrived, that is.

So how is he different to a ball holding left back then? ;) He's a left back whose strongest attribute is passing range. Ball playing, semi holder, quarter-back, false 3 if you wish.

So how is he different to a ball holding left back then? ;) He's a left back whose strongest attribute is passing range. Ball playing, semi holder, quarter-back, false 3 if you wish.

Sorry, but how does your description of him differ to that of a playmaker?

I beg to differ - his concentration often lets him down

I thought Verts has been above average at LB - and offers quite a bit going forward

How many goals that we have conceded have come from Vertonghen's side in his short stint at LB? Off the top of my head, Nani's, Mata's first. he was hopelessly exposed time and time again yesterday, and that is part of the problem Benny faces regularly with Bale ahead of him.

Benny one on one has always been very good. Where he let's himself down, is his failure to track or switching off when working as a unit occasionally. But this is greatly exaggerated by our fans.

Vertonghen has hit the wall....new to English football, the amount of work he has got through playing at left back has been tremendous and has now caught up with him

maybe Lloris should be given a game or two at lb...sweet left foot

Sorry, but how does your description of him differ to that of a playmaker?

Apart from the fact one is a creative midfielder using his superior movement, passing and technical ability in setting the rhythm, tempo, dictating overall movement and the other one a left back who knocks a decent pass 8/10 times?

Apart from the fact one is a creative midfielder using his superior movement, passing and technical ability to the rhythm, tempo, dictating overall movemebt and the other one a left back who knocks a decent pass 8/10 times?

A playmaker HAS to be a midfielder?

So Hudd isn't much of a playmaker either? As he lacks this superior movement?

To be honest i would put BAE as a playmaking LB, as he's a LB he's not going to affect the game as much as a CM playmaker, but that's just how i see it.

Semantics. Ok don't call him a play making left back I don't care. He is BY FAR one of the most comfortable players we have on the ball and can often make things happen, and often gives us our best out. If you think this is untrue, I have to question whether we even see the same game.

How many goals that we have conceded have come from Vertonghen's side in his short stint at LB? Off the top of my head, Nani's, Mata's first. he was hopelessly exposed time and time again yesterday, and that is part of the problem Benny faces regularly with Bale ahead of him.

Benny one on one has always been very good. Where he let's himself down, is his failure to track or switching off when working as a unit occasionally. But this is greatly exaggerated by our fans.

I wonder how many we would have conceded if we had Kompany instead of Gallas at CB. Or how many Benny conceded from his side last 2 years. These arguments are a-contextual and prove very little, imv

You rate - BAE, all good - I don't and would love to see that position improved in the next 2-3 windows, max. (assuming Verts is a long-terms CB option)

Apart from the fact one is a creative midfielder using his superior movement, passing and technical ability in setting the rhythm, tempo, dictating overall movement and the other one a left back who knocks a decent pass 8/10 times?

Ok so that's how you define a play maker? What would you define as a play. Ekotto finding Bale down the left is considered a play isn't it? Ekotto beating his man and finding a midfielder, and providing an outlet and support to Bale is considered a play isn't it? He made it didn't he?

Semantics. Ok don't call him a play making left back I don't care. He is BY FAR one of the most comfortable players we have on the ball and can often make things happen, and often gives us our best out. If you think this is untrue, I have to question whether we even see the same game.

I have, in my last 10-odd posts commended his passing range - I'm not sure how that differs from your description, tbh so perhaps we're arguing past each other here.

what is Benny up to these days anyway, chilling out at the Hotspur Way swimming pool with a gin in one hand and a cigar in the other?

Ok so that's how you define a play maker? What would you define as a play. Ekotto finding Bale down the left is considered a play isn't it? Ekotto beating his man and finding a midfielder, and providing an outlet and support to Bale is considered a play isn't it? He made it didn't he?

I think we're going with semantics.

Imo a playmaker is anyone who can consistently make the play. Which bae does on a consistent basis.

I wonder how many we would have conceded if we had Kompany instead of Gallas at CB. Or how many Benny conceded from his side last 2 years. These arguments are a-contextual and prove very little, imv

You rate - BAE, all good - I don't and would love to see that position improved in the next 2-3 windows, max. (assuming Verts is a long-terms CB option)

So if Vertonghen continually let's crosses come in from the left and we concede loads of goals, this proves little about whether he is a good left back and the argument would be 'a-contextual' and 'prove very little'? hmmm

Playmaker for me is a specific position on the field of play, often peformed by your most creative/technically figted midfielder.

A defender with a good passing range is exactly that and someone useful to have in our setpup (one of possession play to feet)

Back