• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT -- TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs ARSENAL -- OMT ***

So if Vertonghen continually let's crosses come in from the left and we concede loads of goals, this proves little about whether he is a good left back and the argument would be 'a-contextual' and 'prove very little'? hmmm

How many crosses has let in?

How many crosses has he let in per game?

How many has BAE let in per game?

What were the respective opponents?

Who was the opposing player?

How many goals have we let in from his crosses?

How many goals have we let in from BAE's crosses

How many blocks has he made?

How many blocks has BAE made?

How many 1v1 did he win / lose?

How many 1v1 did BAE win / lose?

Playmaker for me is a specific position on the field of play, often peformed by your most creative/technically figted midfielder.

A defender with a good passing range is exactly that and someone useful to have in our setpup (one of possession play to feet)

Playmaker in my opinion is more a mentality than a position.

Position - CM. or other.

Mentality - Destroyer, playmaker, etc.

How many crosses has let in?

How many crosses has he let in per game?

How many has BAE let in per game?

What were the respective opponents?

Who was the opposing player?

How many goals have we let in from his crosses?

How many goals have we let in from BAE's crosses

How many blocks has he made?

How many blocks has BAE made?

How 1v1 did he win / lose?

How many 1v1 did BAE win / lose?

Why don't you find out for me and then we can make a more informed decision. Thanks Arc.

Playmaker is a position in modern football - not an ability in my books

Passing range and ball-playing is

It's just vocabulary. That's your own personal definition. I don't agree at all. Centre midfield is a position. Left back is a position. Any one who makes a play, can be a playmaker. Benoit often initiates our attacks. Gallas, Friedel, Caulker, Walker often just get rid rather than building from the back and being progressive with their passing.

who is going to be the player this season who just before a NLD comes out and says we have a better squad than Arse and we will finish above them this season.....there is always one isnt there

il go for Walker

who is going to be the player this season who just before a NLD comes out and says we have a better squad than Arse and we will finish above them this season.....there is always one isnt there

il go for Walker

I wish for once they just shut their mouths and focus. I reckon it will be Tom or Gareth again.

Statto I have a question for you

- do you have statts on games in which we've conceded late (lost the lead) compared to those where we've come from behind to win it? And perhaps compare those to Arsenal and Man Utd?

I think our biggest problem this season has been converting the chances we've created into goals.

Spurs have had 140 goalscoring opportunities so far this season, but we've only managed to score from less than 13% of them...

P0085.png

...Manchester United have had 6 fewer chances than us but have scored 11 more goals.

It's just vocabulary. That's your own personal definition. I don't agree at all. Centre midfield is a position. Left back is a position. Any one who makes a play, can be a playmaker. Benoit often initiates our attacks. Gallas, Friedel, Caulker, Walker often just get rid rather than building from the back and being progressive with their passing.

I disagree completely but this seems pointless

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Playmaker

In English football, the term overlaps somewhat with attacking midfielder, but the two types of midfielders are not necessarily the same. Several playmakers operate in a more central midfield role, alternating between attacking and playing in the midfield

'Playmakers are not necessarily constrained to a single position; many attacking playmakers in modern football play a combination of these different attacking roles.'

Cheers for the link. :p

Why didn't you quote the entire paragraph?

Playmakers are not necessarily constrained to a single position; many attacking playmakers in modern football play a combination of these different attacking roles. Creativity, skill, vision, technique, tactical awareness and good passing ability are the true requirements of a good playmaker. Other playmakers operate on the wings, in more of a wide position, either as a half-winger, or a wide midfielder, using their vision to find team-mates making runs, to whom they can then deliver long passes and crosses. Playmakers are not known for their defensive capabilities, which is why they are usually supported by a defensive midfielder. Because many midfielders have these attributes, they tend to be the playmakers of a team. The attacking playmakers are sometimes called the "number 10" of the team, as they often wear the number 10 jersey

This is wiki which is regarded as absolute proof when comparing transfer targets and scoring records, so I guess that's settled. :-"

Why didn't you quote the entire paragraph?

Playmakers are not necessarily constrained to a single position; many attacking playmakers in modern football play a combination of these different attacking roles. Creativity, skill, vision, technique, tactical awareness and good passing ability are the true requirements of a good playmaker. Other playmakers operate on the wings, in more of a wide position, either as a half-winger, or a wide midfielder, using their vision to find team-mates making runs, to whom they can then deliver long passes and crosses. Playmakers are not known for their defensive capabilities, which is why they are usually supported by a defensive midfielder. Because many midfielders have these attributes, they tend to be the playmakers of a team. The attacking playmakers are sometimes called the "number 10" of the team, as they often wear the number 10 jersey

The entire paragraph says that playmakers can operate on the wing. last i checked the LB position was on the left wing.

So fudge you. :p

ummm you do remember they handed us our asses when we played that against them last season right?

iirc, we went two nil up against them playing with Ade and Saha up front in the first half. It was only when we got pegged back to 2-2 did Harry bring off Saha.

By trying to shore it up in the midfield, we handed them the game and lost the second half 0-3 playing with five across the middle. Exactly how was that any better?

I think our biggest problem this season has been converting the chances we've created into goals.

Spurs have had 140 goalscoring opportunities so far this season, but we've only managed to score from less than 13% of them...

P0085.png

...Manchester United have had 6 fewer chances than us but have scored 11 more goals.

Very interesting statto. Thanks. Shows what a difference quality strikers can make.

Do you have any stats to answer Arc's original question? How many times have we come from behind to win (and how many times have we "lost" points from a winning position) compared to our main rivals? Personally, I would like to see those stats in the context of the last 10 minutes particularly.

Back