• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT -- TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs ARSENAL -- OMT ***

I hate the rule - but it was two footed - he had to go. If it's was Wheelchair on Bale we'd be going ape!

two footed to me implies two feet going in to the challenge ?

im not sure how you're meant to go for a highish ball with only one foot off the ground? both feet were not going in to the challenge, in all honesty i was very surprised to see the red come out - he went for the ball, it wasn't malicious and it wasn't two feet aimed in to the tackle

Last edited:
Well one positive we can take from this match, well the first 20 mins at least, is that contrary to a few concerns before the match we did not get overrun with 4-4-2. We were in total control.

Cazorla was unharmed and could not wait to get back on the pitch! He clearly was not hurt at all but the challenge. But his roll and scream was spot on, and did the trick. Feel sorry for Ade, he was playing amazingly and giving it his all.

There was very little contact though studs were up. The red gave the game to them.

Still we may have lost anyway. But we were creating the chances to score more at that time.

A better ref would have given a free kick or a yellow and a telling off. Its not just sour grapes, impartial pundits agree:

BBC Radio 5 live pundit and former Chelsea defender Graeme Le Saux from Emirates Stadium:
On Adebayor's red card: "He is genuinely going for the ball. In the heat of this game, I think it was a yellow card not a red card.

"To his credit, referee Howard Webb has given himself a lot of time to think about it. It was a tough decision.

"Both players have gone for the ball, seeing that at first glance I was wondering whether he was going to get a yellow card or not."

Adebayor shouldn't be making the tackle in the first place. Webb has seen someone raise their foot to knee level and has to make a decision on the spot. It's fair enough IMO.

it wasn't knee level, it caught his boot or just slightly higher. didn't Crouch make two similar challenges against Madrid and get two yellows?

Adebayor shouldn't be making the tackle in the first place. Webb has seen someone raise their foot to knee level and has to make a decision on the spot. It's fair enough IMO.
But it's only a knee high challenge if the other players foot is on the floor which it wasn't, if a ball is bouncing you are going to go in high, he didn't go over the ball

I despair at the management of AVB.

I've actually found AVB's pre-match team talk. Dont ask me how, ITK.

AVB: Alright boys, go out there and take the game to them!

*Cheers*

AVB: Oh, and Ade....get yourself sent off in the 17th minute, there's a good lad.

Ade: You sure, boss?

AVB: Absolutely. It is integral to my match strategy that you do something absolutely stupid and get sent off. Oh, and BAE, Parker, Kaboul, Dembele; if you could just delay your recovery for ages and ages, that would be great.

fudging joke.

Seriously fella, what has he done wrong today?

Played our strongest team, in the formation we all want, go 1-0 up then BOOM!

AVBs fault?

Could have been 3. AVB had it spot on.

He will have to deal with our mentality but that doesn't happen overnight - we've been weak for years.

The least Ade should have done was broke Wheelchair in half to get a red card, not some half ass'd tackle on Cazorla.

8192374919_b29760390f_o.gif

Bottom line..

Adebayor has cost us big time. But, I am absolutely fuming with gallas yet again. The guy is utter brick, making mistakes in nearly every game he plays in which is making us concede, he's too old, too slow and I've had enough of his brickness. Why the fudge does AVB insist on playing him, I just don't get it and I'm an AVB fan. fudge sake

Back