• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT ***Tottenham Hotspur v West Ham Dildo Club***

I think you meant NOT

But surly an aspiring 'championship contender' should not be phased like we were in the second half?

It is difficult to up a level during a game. We won't be the only title contenders who lose a game they should win this season.

Was at the game yesterday; am livid with the surrender and sad my boy had to watch us lose again after being ahead; oh well, even with all that, he still LOVED the matchday experience anyhow - he's even more hardcore Spurs than i am!

I'm trying to let the dust settle before i give my thoughts on how that abomination happened, but what i will say is NO-ONE can say Poch didn't take that game seriously if you look at the line-up; it's what makes the collapse even more disgraceful imo.

Oh well, as i say at least my boy enjoyed it despite everything.
Special thanks to @Whiffler, @Glenda's Legs and @billyiddo for the travel tips - your advice was spot on (i cannot believe more people don't use Wembley Stadium station to get in and out of the ground tbh, but who am i to complain!)

P.S - @monkeybarry , @K.D.D.D.D.Soc ; can't believe how many Spurs fans are SELers - i'd expect more Gooners down here given their real roots lol. Just goes to show how fluid movement patterns and how good transport links mean more fluidity of spread etc. Maybe one day we will indeed arrange a meet-up haha

COYS

We were simply idle in thought, and repetative in deed. Not just in the second half, but much of the first - which looked so bright after getting two quick goals. We were never dominant.

Rose did enough, but understandably didn't stretch himself. The two sat out on the wings meant a packed midfield was our defence, and movement to the wings was so laggardly that the Spammers simply rocked across.

While we would pass 20-25 times to go nowhere, they would eventually intercept and hack the ball forward - at which point conceding corners seemed our brightest idea.

I want fast-thinking and fast acting players. I want players with the ball approaching the area to go through or be brought down. I want quick shots/passes rather than the big set-up that leaves time for even a slug to effect a block.

Admittedly a smoother journey back, but as the Bakerloo pulled into Baker Street there seemed to be a hen party who were taunting with Arsewipe ditties. How could people be so cruel ?!

One of the fallacies of following football, thinking other clubs' fans will remember you for winning this or that and you gaining some sort of bragging rights - it's simply not true. You can always throw it in someone's face "oh yeah, we've won 13 league titles", but who gives a fudge anyway? It's the here and now that counts in football, and it always will be. We've got a great team now - we're playing great football (most of the time anyway), but haven't won anything? Who fudging cares. I'd love for us to win a cup, but other clubs' fans wouldn't give two bricks if we won the Champions League. It's only the fans of the clubs that wins cups that truly care, everyone else forgets a week later.

What people do remember though, is a team that plays good football week in and week out - like we're known for doing these days. Sure, I'd love for us to win something, that would be ace, for our own celebration and well being, but I wouldn't think for a second that other clubs' teams would give two bricks. Why would they? "Oh yeah, you won the league last year, good for you, now it's another season, who cares?".

Chelsea of 2012 will be remembered for "the team that parked the bus to win the CL, boring fudgers, boooo". Tottenham of 2017 will be the team that "won fudge all, but they played some amazing football". But who knows, maybe we'll win something as well. Hopefully we will, if only for ourselves. :D

Not sure if your right on this. Supporters can and do support a club on past History. Nothing wrong with being proud of That.
If we started to win the Prem a few times..LOL we would soon have arse fans squealing.
We all know they are squeezing bricks anyway but a clubs History is Important,IMO.

We were simply idle in thought, and repetative in deed. Not just in the second half, but much of the first - which looked so bright after getting two quick goals. We were never dominant.

Rose did enough, but understandably didn't stretch himself. The two sat out on the wings meant a packed midfield was our defence, and movement to the wings was so laggardly that the Spammers simply rocked across.

While we would pass 20-25 times to go nowhere, they would eventually intercept and hack the ball forward - at which point conceding corners seemed our brightest idea.

I want fast-thinking and fast acting players. I want players with the ball approaching the area to go through or be brought down. I want quick shots/passes rather than the big set-up that leaves time for even a slug to effect a block.

Admittedly a smoother journey back, but as the Bakerloo pulled into Baker Street there seemed to be a hen party who were taunting with Arsewipe ditties. How could people be so cruel ?!

I thought that we looked good up until they scored. We got two up and were reserving energy for more important games. We conceded a scrappy goal and were then unable to up our game after coasting. I think that it is unrealistic to think that we can go flat out, every game, all season.

I thought that we looked good up until they scored. We got two up and were reserving energy for more important games. We conceded a scrappy goal and were then unable to up our game after coasting. I think that it is unrealistic to think that we can go flat out, every game, all season.

There is a wide gulf between flat out for 90 mins and the performance level of which I wrote.

There is a wide gulf between flat out for 90 mins and the performance level of which I wrote.

Maybe but I don't think it was the wrong decision to try and play the game out. It is what mature sides do and we are going to have to master it if we are to achieve our potential.

Maybe but I don't think it was the wrong decision to try and play the game out. It is what mature sides do and we are going to have to master it if we are to achieve our potential.

We 're not a club that can sit back, and we weren't even trying to. We just lost sight of the simple truth that going forward entails Going and Forward

We 're not a club that can sit back, and we weren't even trying to. We just lost sight of the simple truth that going forward entails Going and Forward

Playing the game out doesn't mean you have to sit back. We were quite comfortable in possession and West Ham posed no threat until the goal. It didn't work last night but it is a skill that we need to have.

Playing the game out doesn't mean you have to sit back. We were quite comfortable in possession and West Ham posed no threat until the goal. It didn't work last night but it is a skill that we need to have.

I'd be closer to your line, had it been 2-0 and the last 10 mins. Even - or especially - at 2-3 playing the game out doesn't come into it

Sorry Steff but Im not having Llorente excuses of he was isolated. He was poor, and bar half a game at Madrid he has been whenever he's played. For a big guy he gets knocked off the ball really easily and hasnt been any sort of goal threat to date.....

Sorry, again disagree. First-half he was great. Flick set Son free, lots of good first time touched and layoffs which we increasingly failed to read, second-half he became isolated and we did not play close enough to him. Add to that the fact we did not put crosses in until he was subbed and I think he was an easy target:

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

No, we want all the top clubs to win so they can knock lumps out of their squad depth in the two-leg semi's.

London and Manchester derbies?

Its not like he lost deliberately FFS!

He put a team out able to be winning comfortably at half time. When the team started to fold he made changes to try and pull things back around.

What is he supposed to have done that is so bad?

What? He sat immobile on his bench with his cheeks puffed out until we were *already* 3-2 down. He didn't do anything at all until we had *already* folded - and then he took off our tall striker and subsequently made us cross into the box at every opportunity for some inexplicable reason.

That isn't the best reading of yesterday, imo.

Back