• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT ***Tottenham Hotspur v West Ham Dildo Club***

Definitely still "up" then ;)

Why would he change anything at half time when the first half performance and dominance was so comprehensive?

Llorente went off because Dembele would allow us a foothold in midfield to try and wrestle the game back, with Son being more than capable of playing up front.

The team got stuck on autopilot and couldnt react to West Ham actually getting up for it. Pochettino made subs to try and give us a hold of things. We finished the game absolutely peppering their box with them bricking themselves on their 6 yeard line.

I dont think, in any way at all, Pochettino was "blown away".

It was absolutely a second string side, no question about it.

I also think its folly to even try to indicate last nights team has anything to do with Saturdays. As we know what that will be and how it will play.

Totally UP;):(

I was so ecstatic on Sunday! Finally, I thought we are there!
When will I learn......

Also ;)
Where we want end up. Teams 'never' lose. We are meant to be up there with City Chelsea..........

The quarter final line-up does leave a very VERY bitter taste i must agree.

However, i have gained my positively-deluded vibe now and i think we'll shut the critics up over the next week:D

:eek:

The melodrama in here is quite something
Exactly. Who cares. West Ham are nobodies. Let them laugh and have “their best night of their lives” according to one person at my work. Hasn’t affected me in one bit. If anything it will kick the players up the bum bums for Saturday.
I really don’t let losses affect me that much anymore.

One game doesnt define anything.

We are closer than ever. Last night was disappointing but in the scheme of things hardly a disaster.

You're right it doesn't but what is worrying is that we have those games too frequently, games where we take the lead and should cruise through and then for some reason we self-destruct and drop points or go out of a Cup. We were lucky to escape away at West Ham with a win and last night should have won by 4 rather than walked around like winners only to throw it and have nothing to come back with, to be honest it was as if the players just didn't care about winning.

As soon as the first goal went in I knew we were in trouble.

West Ham had showed nothing until they scored from that corner that was conceded pretty needlessly IMO. However once you go into cruise control in a game, as we had done before half time, it is very difficult to snap out of it.

Liverpool's goal to make it 2-1 at the weekend was completely different as we had not gone into cruise control and were still competing for the ball.

There are a few players who after last night's game need to take a good look at themselves IMO (Dier, Alderweireld, Son, Llorente, Trippier).

As soon as the first goal went in I knew we were in trouble.

West Ham had showed nothing until they scored from that corner that was conceded pretty needlessly IMO. However once you go into cruise control in a game, as we had done before half time, it is very difficult to snap out of it.

Liverpool's goal to make it 2-1 at the weekend was completely different as we had not gone into cruise control and were still competing for the ball.

There are a few players who after last night's game need to take a good look at themselves IMO (Dier, Alderweireld, Son, Llorente, Trippier).

Dier and Toby get a pass from me. They have played a lot of football this season (Sun was Dier’s first rest in ages)...Llorente was isolated, and we clearly don’t play off him in a way which makes best use of what he can do...Son was a little off last night second-half for sure. If we’d really wanted to win it I think Winks would’ve been on the pitch, as it was Dembele needed match-time so on he went...this was a reminder that we are still developing ad the match was lost because we played for 55 minutes. I will say Toby was not his best yesterday, that is for sure...

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

I have spent 50 years saying things like this!
We had 9 first team players out there last night. So "second string" doesn't cut it for me. Bilic out motivated and thought Poch in the second half last night. Dele, Son and Dire played like school kids in the second half.
Moureen will have Poch on toast on saturday, IMHO.
We are soft!

Sorry, that is your pessimism speaking. We will not lose up there. Soft? Honestly, I think that is cobblers mate!

Sorry, that is your pessimism speaking. We will not lose up there. Soft? Honestly, I think that is cobblers mate!

Everyone said that after the Chelsea defeat in the "Battle of the Bridge".. but we had a great season again last year

Last nights game was a one off that really in the big picture is as low down the pecking order as it gets.

We did not have 9 first team players out there. We had 9 first team SQUAD players along with others form the squad. Making big change rarely works (look at City claiming the ball for a 0-0 draw). West Ham also played their first tam squad and low and behold had a good second half and won.

I swear if that wasn't against west ham and we hadn't had a 2 nil lead no one would care as much

For me there is more glory in qualifying from a Champions League group containing Real Madrid and Dortmund than there is beating Barnsley and West Ham en route to winning a Cup named after a Thai energy drink.

So many have this (IMO) dogmatic view that trophies are the be all and end all - why? So we can have one of these lovely-looking things in a cabinet that no-one ever sees?

Medium
For me growing up i always loved Cup football, the excitement of the knock-out format was more exciting to me than 'nothing' league matches, not helped by tge fact that we were largely a mid table side in the 90's. My best memories as a Spurs fan are mainly in the cups. Obviously perspectives have changed now as we are a much better team than the sides i grew up watching but for me the glory of winning trophies, the buzz of Cup Final day will always be more exciting than finishing 4th, and I'm glad that i got to enjoy football when winning cups was preferable to finishing in the top 4 so that you can play in a tournament for supposed 'Champions'( ironic for a team that hasn't been champions for about 56 years)

Dier and Toby get a pass from me. They have played a lot of football this season (Sun was Dier’s first rest in ages)...Llorente was isolated, and we clearly don’t play off him in a way which makes best use of what he can do...Son was a little off last night second-half for sure. If we’d really wanted to win it I think Winks would’ve been on the pitch, as it was Dembele needed match-time so on he went...this was a reminder that we are still developing ad the match was lost because we played for 55 minutes. I will say Toby was not his best yesterday, that is for sure...

Sorry Steff but Im not having Llorente excuses of he was isolated. He was poor, and bar half a game at Madrid he has been whenever he's played. For a big guy he gets knocked off the ball really easily and hasnt been any sort of goal threat to date.....

Exactly. Who cares. West Ham are nobodies. Let them laugh and have “their best night of their lives” according to one person at my work. Hasn’t affected me in one bit. If anything it will kick the players up the bum bums for Saturday.
I really don’t let losses affect me that much anymore.
This attitude makes me laugh. Yeah West Ham are nobodies, who exactly are we?! Yes we are better than them but Some of the arrogant posts when we was winning last night I read were cringeworthy. We are a good side who have won nothing. We used to laugh at Arsenal because all they used to do was get in top 4 each season and at best that is all we are doing, at least they've won some trophies whilst doing so. We finish top 4 for a couple of seasons and think we have the right to look down at most other teams- save that for when we are actually winning things.....

Sorry Steff but Im not having Llorente excuses of he was isolated. He was poor, and bar half a game at Madrid he has been whenever he's played. For a big guy he gets knocked off the ball really easily and hasnt been any sort of goal threat to date.....
A lot of that will be down to the tactics when we use him.

We tend to employ him in that traditional, big lump up front method. Pretty much anyone involved in modern football will tell you that's a really inefficient way of playing. When you do that, you would expect your forward (unless he's a Crouch-like freak) to lose the ball more often than not. The trick to that method is in volume, not quantity.

A lot of that will be down to the tactics when we use him.

We tend to employ him in that traditional, big lump up front method. Pretty much anyone involved in modern football will tell you that's a really inefficient way of playing. When you do that, you would expect your forward (unless he's a Crouch-like freak) to lose the ball more often than not. The trick to that method is in volume, not quantity.
Sorry but I dont see how that excuses his poor control, you certainly wouldnt cut such slack if Sissoko demonstrated some of his touches and its not just when its been 'hoofed' up to him. Also doesnt excuse how easily he's knocked off the ball....

Back