• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT: Tottenham Hotspur v West 'Am United - WHL, Sun 22nd Feb, KO - 12pm

A Fergie team would have ground that game out for a win. Same players, stay focused, keep patient and score 3 in the final quarter of the match.

But some players are lacking. Poch has to get them playing or replace them.

Hopefully that equaliser will inspire us to kick on.

I thought the communication between Townsend and Walker was way off today. Both of them kept making the same runs and getting in eachother's way. There were some good moments, but you could see that they both wanted to do the same thing. I actually thought Townsend had a decent first half. Ok that free kick right to their keeper which sparked a quick counter was bad, but he was lively enough. His second half was poor, but he still got Cresswell booked. Not an amazing performance, but not as bad as some on here are making him out to be.

Yes, the team lacked focus, but we also lost more 50-50s and stood off more than we usually do, and with Walker evidently injured or otherwise out of sorts, it created a general air of lethargy. I can't imagine that's what Poch wants the lads to play like, and the only explanation for it is that we're fatigued and feeling it. We're already at something like our fiftieth game of the season, aren't we?

I think you're missing the BFS tactic, which were to stuff up the spaces and bite/niggle/bite wherever possible. Combine that tactic with your chief architect given a rest-day and the margins happen. With Walker, I remain worried that he has a condition which needs managing more than being 100% or injured; he should not plain Thursday whatever the potential cost. I feel good about next weekend BTW...even when Kane is virtually sat on, he still finds a moment to have a major effect because he never ever stops trying.

Bit lucky there. Fat Sam "we don't go down" what about the gutting holding his head when Bobby clearly didn't touch him!!! Greeting faced sour pus.

Positives are 1 point is better than none and we still look a team pushing till the final whistle. Verts needs to keep his hands to himself or he will cost us dear one day. Roll on Thursday to a game I'm now looking forward to.

The fact of the matter if the keeper Adrian hadn't punched the ball out to Rose and Song tripping Kane in the box, we wouldn't have drawn.

Ah come on mate. If we hadn't let matey walk in off the back post despite an offside, if we hadn't given the other matey a free free header 6 yards out, if Kane's toe-flick hadn't hit the post...football matches are full of them!

He had chances to pass off and did what he always does, hung onto the ball too long and took it into a dangerous area. Has nothing to do with Eriksen and everything to do with Dembele not learning. Opposition players have worked him out.

The reason why i think it has a lot to do with eriksen is that RECENTLY when dembele has played in the hole with eriksen out left he has been quite simply VERY good and has really come into his own in the final third game. the fact that eriksen was missing and he has no one to pass and move with confidently i think might be the key reason this happened with him today

Sam has our number. Bit of pressure on us and few long balls into the channel and we fall to pieces.
I think Fiorentina were highlighting before our game how we were not a technical team which was surprising as we have decent players but watching these 2 games, playing out from defence, we are really sloppy, playing sloppy short balls putting other players under pressure needlessly.

I think we really need to focus more on the basics, play to feet and make good angles for a player under pressure. Too often we are pressured and lose our composure far too easily and gift possession away is dangerous positions.

I think both teams exploited the fact we push our fullbacks high to perfection as you say with simple balls down the channel which pulls our central defenders out and we are in trouble.

I think you're missing the BFS tactic, which were to stuff up the spaces and bite/niggle/bite wherever possible. Combine that tactic with your chief architect given a rest-day and the margins happen. With Walker, I remain worried that he has a condition which needs managing more than being 100% or injured; he should not plain Thursday whatever the potential cost. I feel good about next weekend BTW...even when Kane is virtually sat on, he still finds a moment to have a major effect because he never ever stops trying.

Fair enough, there are always two sides in a game, after all. I just hope we keep our feet on the gas from minute one to minute ninety next weekend. :) As for Walker, I agree: Poch, please either play Dier or Chiriches at RB in Florence or give Yedlin his debut.

What did he say? Surely not complaining about the penalty?

West Ham boss Sam Allardyce: "You can't put your hands on anyone today otherwise they will go to ground and make the referee's mind up.

"You can argue whether Alex Song has made enough contact for Harry Kane to go down, but when you're desperate like Tottenham are, you get touched and the player is going to fall over.

"Maybe we should be more like Tottenham - we stay on our feet. They're so lucky today. One with the first goal - Danny Rose has mishit it - and the second goal Adrian saved the penalty and it has gone straight back to Harry Kane."

Back