• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT: Tottenham Hotspur v West 'Am United - WHL, Sun 22nd Feb, KO - 12pm

Phew. Pulled that one out of the fire. Positives : great morale boost to gain a point the way we did, with Kane leveling. The number of late goals we've had and points we've earned must give the lads some serious belief going into games - 'no worries if we concede, we'll just win it late anyway'. That can be a good thing, if utilized properly.

Negatives - For the third time this season (all in the past month), our fatigue was evident. We're getting tired, and it is a huge concern heading into the next two vital games.

Dier - he hasn't put a foot wrong, and has been very good since he came back in - but somehow, the defence just looks shakier with him in it as opposed to Fazio. I'll put it down to his lack of experience forcing Verts to organize things at the back, which clearly isn't his favorite thing to do.

Overall, decent point, well earned - but at what cost?

Game was drawn through a combination of factors. Dembele losing the ball in defence. But worse our defence is so susceptible to a wham like battering ram.

The crowd an team impatience left us too desperate and open. The team didn't seem able to stick to a game plan wham good at shutting our pass down. Had we kept it tight and not conceded in the first hour we'd have won. Still we will learn from it hopefully.

We showed in spells how we could be all over them. A frustrating draw but from 2 down at least we showed fight to get a point.

How does Poch strengthens our defence while keeping our attacking verve?

Could be a huge point toward the end of the season, but seriously papering over the cracks of a poor performance. We really didn't turn up today and could have been 3 down easily at one stage. I am sure Poch won't let this type of display go despite the fight back. Obviously with young players you'll get ups and downs but 7-8 poor performances at the same time is poor.

No manager comes to a new club and gets a squad he is completely 100% happy with unless he stays there an eternity. Surely the job of the manager is to improve the players he DOES have at that given time, and play to THAT squads strengths to get the best out of them.

It was a pen but he looked for it and went down easy. Not the first time either but I guess that's modern football.

Got out of jail there, but full credit for the boys not giving up. Townsend... that is enough, he should be no-where near the first team after that. Dembele, showed why he should never be a starter, he is just too in-consistent. He is unable to string decent games together. Soldado unlucky and Poch made the subs too late. Earlier and we would have won. West Ham are nothing but a bunch of talentless cloggers, serves them right for time wasting.

Is that really fair though? he might have neem better had erisken been there doing the part of recycler in the final third

I mean Lamela didnt play well either, and townsend almost literally just stood out there.... but i have to say that i kind of give everyone a pass cause the oracle qualities of eriksen wasnt there.

if i had to chose a guy to drop at half time it would have been one of townsend or lamela

Phew. Pulled that one out of the fire. Positives : great morale boost to gain a point the way we did, with Kane leveling. The number of late goals we've had and points we've earned must give the lads some serious belief going into games - 'no worries if we concede, we'll just win it late anyway'. That can be a good thing, if utilized properly.

Negatives - For the third time this season (all in the past month), our fatigue was evident. We're getting tired, and it is a huge concern heading into the next two vital games.

Dier - he hasn't put a foot wrong, and has been very good since he came back in - but somehow, the defence just looks shakier with him in it as opposed to Fazio. I'll put it down to his lack of experience forcing Verts to organize things at the back, which clearly isn't his favorite thing to do.

Overall, decent point, well earned - but at what cost?

I didn't see physical fatigue more than a drop off in focus perhaps. Early doors, when we could've killed the game off, too many players didn't show up...the likes of Townsend and Dembele for sure slowed us down and simply didn't do enough on the ball...I have seen criticism of Lamela, and I somewhat understand it, but critically, his use of the ball and probe for incisive forward passes was still pretty high in my impression (would like to see the stats)...

BTW how unlucky was Bobby? That was a great shot matched by a great save,Adrian's second of the match given his stunner from Bentaleb's cannon first-half.

Hahahahaha just can't stop laughing ....we play shiite and the spammers still couldn't win despite leading by two

There was no fatigue, we finished strong and looked fresh. We just need to play our best players. The alternatives ruin our verve.....business end of the season, play our best players every game, they will cope

Is that really fair though? he might have neem better had erisken been there doing the part of recycler in the final third

I mean Lamela didnt play well either, and townsend almost literally just stood out there.... but i have to say that i kind of give everyone a pass cause the oracle qualities of eriksen wasnt there.

if i had to chose a guy to drop at half time it would have been one of townsend or lamela

He had chances to pass off and did what he always does, hung onto the ball too long and took it into a dangerous area. Has nothing to do with Eriksen and everything to do with Dembele not learning. Opposition players have worked him out.

I didn't see physical fatigue more than a drop off in focus perhaps. Early doors, when we could've killed the game off, too many players didn't show up...the likes of Townsend and Dembele for sure slowed us down and simply didn't do enough on the ball...

Yes, the team lacked focus, but we also lost more 50-50s and stood off more than we usually do, and with Walker evidently injured or otherwise out of sorts, it created a general air of lethargy. I can't imagine that's what Poch wants the lads to play like, and the only explanation for it is that we're fatigued and feeling it. We're already at something like our fiftieth game of the season, aren't we?

Lamela is actually ok when he plays one or two touch football

He's more than okay . is . Just a shame today, that everyone else in our team was poor at moving the ball quickly. Some real sloppy play . Spams were in our faces and and most of our players seemed to think they could take plenty of touches.

Unfortunately we are going to get hit and miss performances with our young squad!!!

I would say it is essential that we work on being pressed by the opposition because we play out from the back. To many times we recycle possession in dangerous areas....we also need more from the three behind our striker.

Hopefully people will not sugar coat this....we were bad today but we managed to get something.

Still credit where it is due....I think hippo head messed up with his subs....he set them up really well and before the subs I couldnt see a way back. Obviously this does not help us at all and is very damaging for any aspirations for top 4. Very worried about the next two games....against Arsenal we were magnificent and we have not come close to replicating that performance bar the first few mins of that game.

Moose and Townsend were horrible today...I thought Lamela popped up in dangerous areas and was trying to make things happen...I think he is an easy target for criticism due to the price tag.

onwards and upwards I hope! really worried though!

Overall a very, very positive last 30 mins. This young squad shows again the future it is being designed for, and I have to say, impressive fight and spirit from the boys.

I will admit, I had sworn to ask one of the mods to ban me from doing BFS match threads in the future, but fortune favors the brave and we live to fight further...I still might retire from them.

Which reminds me, we need a proven, secure winner to do next weekends...

Back